PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Just joined LHC

mtstorm
June 14th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Hi, I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I have been lurking for quite awhile and finally decided to join. I have been trying to grow my hair down to my waist/hips since I was 12 but have never made it that far. :( Currently my hair is about 1-2” below my bra strap and has been that length (give or take an inch or two) for about 15 years.
Reading the boards has given me an epiphany, I think. ;) I grew up with the mantra that you must cut your hair every six weeks and if you wait longer they will need to take off more. So, when I would go in for my quarterly or every six month trim of course there would be 3”-4”+ lying on the floor. I am going to try and go cold turkey, no more hair cuts! Except for bags of course. :D I am on my 2nd week of CO washing as well and it seems to be going well.
Just wanted to say hi.

HairColoredHair
June 14th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Welcome! Many people do buy into the 'you must cut every 6-12 weeks' idea, so you're certainly not the only one to hear that.

Many here search out and clip splits only (Search and Destroy or S&D) with hair-only scissors, or get micro trims (1/4 to 1/8 inch).

mtstorm
June 14th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks!
About a year ago a friend introduced me to S&D. I have to admit I am addicted to it. Whenever I am sitting in front the TV I always grab for my scissors and start examining my hair. Drives the hubby nuts but I can't seem to stop. :p