PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting my hair back into a messy bun :-)

kschr2004
June 14th, 2009, 01:37 PM
All,

Some of you may remember that in February/March of this year I chopped my hair to shoulder length (I had a couple of cuts within about 5 weeks of each other) and that I was very frustrated with it. Well, I just had to post a new thread, because I am finally able to bun my hair again.

The last couple of weeks I have been able to get my hair back into a messy bun, using octopus clips. And today, I just put it into my first Ficarre bun. I am so excited that, a) I can get my hair back into a bun regularly, and b) that I can now use my large Ficarre that I had outgrown when my hair was almost waist length.

Also, I am very surprised that even with my hair not much longer than shoulder length, that I still need to use a large Ficarre. Maybe I need to switch my hair thickness from ii/iii to iii...

kad
June 14th, 2009, 02:02 PM
fantastic news! its great when you reach milestones like that! happy growing im at shoulder length too :)

Savvyhorsez
June 14th, 2009, 02:03 PM
That IS exciting indeed! Congrats!

I have to admit I'm not really good with these "hair toys" names and uses, but hopefully I'll learn soon!:)

demitasse
June 14th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Congratulations! Being able to bun my hair again after so many months was such a happy relief. Off my neck and out of my face.

The hardest part is over now. :)

psvzum
June 14th, 2009, 08:32 PM
That's wonderful! Congratulations : )

GlennaGirl
June 15th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Hooray for this milestone! An updo makes all the difference...it makes you start noticing length.

Congratulations!

Dachsdragon
June 15th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Congratulations :cheese:

Brisen
June 15th, 2009, 07:37 AM
:D That is a great milestone!

My hair is also shoulder length after keeping it super short for about 10 years. The last time I cut it was almost two years ago; it has been fun getting to the stage where I can do fun stuff with it, not just try to manage it so it's not too crazy looking. I did a messy bun for the first time a few days ago, and it was so fun.

kschr2004
June 15th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks to everyone for the good wishes and congratulations. :) I really appreciate it.