PDA

View Full Version : wash out hairdye and henna

Isilme
April 9th, 2008, 01:02 PM
hi, I thought I would do my roots with a wash out hairdye just for fun:) the things is, I don't know if I should do my entire head if it doesn't match completely, or just do my roots.
I thought if I choose a nice red and do my whole head it will cover everything, and wash out. Right? I just want a second opinion of this:) What makes me hesitant to the whole head idea is the cost, and my somewhat damaged ends, but they have had every chance to grab as much henna as they want, so the shouldn't turn some scary plummy shade permanent?
Thanks.
Oh, and I'm a hennahead.

Nightshade
April 9th, 2008, 01:40 PM
:shrug: Got me on this one. Honestly, though, I don't think it'll HURT anything. And if your hair does grab more dye than you want a bit of honey and babyshampoo should take out the excess :)

Kirin
April 9th, 2008, 01:50 PM
From my experience as a henna head, henna can go one of two ways with any kind of color you put over it, even temporary wash outs.......

It either ignores color completely, like its coated in teflon, or, attracts it like a magnet and wont let go!

Do a strand test first, and test washing it too to make sure it'll come out of your hair.

Isilme
April 9th, 2008, 01:53 PM
oh, thanks for answering. I'll make sure to do a strand test. Time to start collection shed hairs...

Isilme
April 15th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I bought two bottles of fiery red and saturated my hair with it saturday evening after an strand test. oh. my. Gorgeous colour that just adds a little fire to my henna, covers my roots and gives hair mad shine. I'm definitely going to do a washout now and then:)

mommy2one05
April 15th, 2008, 03:54 PM
:shrug: Got me on this one. Honestly, though, I don't think it'll HURT anything. And if your hair does grab more dye than you want a bit of honey and babyshampoo should take out the excess :)

so if you use babyshampoo and honey it will take out hair dye is that right? I never heard of that. So do you wash with it or use it as a leave on treatment? So would this only work on new dye or would it help remove older dye...if that made any sense?

Hypnotica
April 15th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Well, that is how I do it....but I put my wash-out colour in my henna.

Isilme
April 16th, 2008, 12:12 AM
hypnotica, I thought you dye was a semi permanent one?

Loviatar
April 16th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Isilme, pictures!!! :D

I think Hypnotica uses Special Effects - it does wash out eventually.

jel
April 16th, 2008, 07:17 AM
I bought two bottles of fiery red and saturated my hair with it saturday evening after an strand test. oh. my. Gorgeous colour that just adds a little fire to my henna, covers my roots and gives hair mad shine. I'm definitely going to do a washout now and then:)

Seconding Lovi! We need pics! :D