PDA

View Full Version : A Ficcare... for a guy?

LittleOrca
June 13th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Hey all! So, my fiancé surprised me today and said he wanted a ficcare! :O

I have not a ficcare on a guy here (that I can remember, but I probably have once... maybe) and I wanted to know if anyone has any input on this. He'd want something dark, but his hair is still relatively short and he'd want it as more of a pony-tail clip. Which kinf would best be suited fot that?

misstwist
June 13th, 2009, 09:39 PM
What about a pair of mini maximas in black or silver matte? http://www.ficcare.com/Products.aspx?collId=13

I realize that silver matte isn't dark, but it's very cool. :)

Or if his hair is thick, maybe a maxima in small.

patience
June 13th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I believe Pierre uses the minis.

kwaniesiam
June 13th, 2009, 11:19 PM
For a ponytail clip I think a ficcarissimo would work better due to the shape. Maybe that in a plain black or brown color?

manderly
June 13th, 2009, 11:21 PM
For a ponytail clip I think a ficcarissimo would work better due to the shape. Maybe that in a plain black or brown color?

Seconded.......

kwaniesiam
June 13th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Also due to the pricey nature of ficcares I'd recommend trying a fakkare first to see if he even likes the concept of using a clip for that. Leather slides are also a great option for guys, and fairly gender neutral.

LittleOrca
June 13th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks for all the input.

I agree with you, Kwaniesiam. I think part of his wanting is hearing how much I love my Jeweled Lotus ficcares, but I have a lot more hair than he does. :) I will pass all this information off to him, or make him login and read it himself, the lazy bum :)

sapphire-o
June 13th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I don't think any Ficcare clips work well for ponytails. They tend to pull hair and slide down due to the weight. How about a Ficcare barrette? They have some very plain classic looking ones. They have some leather ones with metal studs that would be suitable for men as well. I think the plain gold and plain silver ones are especially nice. My DH has a plain gold French barrette that he uses if he need to wear suits.

Nightshade
June 13th, 2009, 11:40 PM
GlassEyes has pics of him wearing one :)

CindyLea1
June 13th, 2009, 11:44 PM
If he/you are not so sure, maybe he can try yours on in the style he wants to wear his hair? He could do this during time he wont have to run out of the house and later realize he has a pink one in:disgust: HEHE

Then if it will work for him and his style; he can choose colors when he orders/buys one??

Just my opinion.