PDA

View Full Version : Can't do a bun!

Speckla
June 13th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I've done a bun a my current length before but it was when I had layers. I can't do one now because my hair is too thick. :(

Peter
June 13th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Tell me about it! I'm definitely past APL and STILL can't bun it.

Fractalsofhair
June 13th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Yikes! For me,the issue with buns is that the scunchie often can't hold the hair. Use a headband, it holds more. (You can scrunch it 2x to hold the hair)

CindyLea1
June 13th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I'm just past bra strap and can't do a bun to save my (__!__)

I don't have any layers and blunt ends, the ends flop out everywhere and even an intentionally messy bun looks bad.

janeytilllie
June 13th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I too had layers and doing buns was quite easy.

But now I have blunt ends my buns flop and drop all over the place. I find bobby pins with a good thick hair stick can help a little to support a bun. Also doing braids right to the ends and bunning seems to help IMO. :)

HTH :flower:

Gingevere
June 13th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I can do buns, just not nice and neat ones. I'm at BSL, with layers, and the ends always stick out all over the place. I need to find some good hairpins.

swanns
June 13th, 2009, 05:15 PM
My hair's rather long already, but it's so thick that for some reason I just can't pull off most of all these gorgeous different buns at all. Know how you feel! :(

Elphie
June 13th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Try doing some of them as a half-up, swanns. I can pull some of them off that way even though mine is long enough to start making a few with all of my hair now.

girlcat36
June 13th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I can't do one now because my hair is too thick. :(

But isn't this a good thing? ;)

Igor
June 13th, 2009, 08:33 PM
That’s the problem with thick hair. I had to wait for hipbone before I could make a proper bun

You can try adding some fake hair that is longer than your real hair to add some stability to the bun, otherwise patience is the only thing you can do

Speckla
June 13th, 2009, 08:39 PM
But isn't this a good thing? ;)

Good, yes, but something that I'm not used to. I've always had super thin/fine hair all my life. My hair is thicker and healthier than it's ever been. I've upped my Biotin and MSM intake in the last year and noticed more thickening up than ever. I'm not complaining about the health of my hair but I can't do some styles that I did my first time growing out.

demitasse
June 14th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I have trouble getting my thick hair into a bun too. I've found it's much easier to do a traditional bun while my hair is still wet. Stays in place all day.

akka naeda
June 14th, 2009, 09:56 AM
My daughter has ii hair between BSL and waist (It's BSL now, but was waist before her last trim) and her hair can't be bunned. We have to try occasionally because she so wants to wear my green aquapearl Ketylo, but she's going to probably need hip length hair before she can wear it.

Igor
June 14th, 2009, 03:20 PM
*Squeals at Akka Naedas duckie*

I’m sorry but he is just so cute

:oops: