PDA

View Full Version : Braided ends.

Dementia1013
June 12th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Alright ladies and gentlemen. So I braid my hair before bed so Hubby doesn't roll all over it when he tosses and turns and in the morning I get those lovely braid waves.....until the part that was ponytailed then anything after that is a frizzy nightmare and less appealing.

So my question is what do YOU do? is there some kind of oiling/curling method that i'm missing? Or am I just to accept my frizzy ends?

It kinda bothers me I must say, because since I've been oiling and S&D'ing My ends are quite nice, but something about having them in that braid tail they just don't like.... suggestions?

NiAosSi
June 12th, 2009, 11:29 PM
When I braid for bed I always oil the ends a bit. This and a little end twirl usually keeps them in good shape. Also, try braiding until the very, very end. :)

nowxisxforever
June 13th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I handle mine a lot, smoothing them down, twirling them, holding them... so my hand oils tend to moisturize? the ends I think. The rest of my braid is what *I* have to be worried about....

Nyghtingale
June 13th, 2009, 01:03 AM
I use this technique I saw on Torrinpaiges you-tube videos. it works great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NMLSUICp4&feature=channel_page

manderly
June 13th, 2009, 01:10 AM
One way I refresh my ends after combing or having braidwaves is to hold my hair in a pony where it's straight and I just wet my hand in the sink, finger comb the ends while holding the pony, and then I scrunch them until they get some curl back. Leave them alone until dry, then you have nice braidwaves all the way to your ends :)

rusika1
June 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I put a rag curler on the end.

RoseRedDead
June 13th, 2009, 09:32 AM
I'm so glad I popped into this thread.. I don't usually wear braidwaves, but Manderly, I must say, you are a genius. I will have to try that.

To the OP,

Sorry I don't have anything informative to add. :o

AnneAdeline
June 13th, 2009, 10:12 AM
One thing that I do sometimes to gets waves all the way to the end is not pull the tail all the way through. This way there is a loop, instead of just the straight tail.
Another way to have the ends look better is to French or Dutch braid. I have some layers, so this method of braiding lets me braid all the way to the end.

AprilElf
June 13th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I've stopped putting an elastic on the end of my sleep braid. I always got frizzy ends, and I think the elastic was causing breakage too. Now I braid to the end, and don't secure the end at all. The last 6 to 8 inches come a bit unravelled during the night, but the ends stay soft and curly. :)

Ponytale
June 13th, 2009, 05:36 PM
I twist the braid or rope into a bun, twist the ends around the base loosely and pin. No more frizzy ends--also, since my hair is so fine at the end of the braid, the waves would get too tight if I braided until the end.