PDA

View Full Version : My hair pic.

sahiba
April 9th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I was asked by a couple of LHCers for my hair picture so that I could view my progress.I liked the idea ,so here it is.Not very good though. And ,BTW, I changed my avtara too.Just wanted you guys to know.

http://www.uploadpad.com/files/SANY0108.JPG

Lamb
April 9th, 2008, 11:17 AM
:agape: beautiful hair!! And I'm sure you are not an i in thickness, looks more like ii/iii to me.

mommy101405
April 9th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Very pretty. Gives me inspiration :)

Shanarana
April 9th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Awe struck here.......beautiful!!!

lora410
April 9th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Your hair is georgous!! The fairtale ends look great on you.

peachy.pudding
April 9th, 2008, 11:28 AM
wow everything in your profile is wrong!!!!!

You have classic length not hip! Your hair looks more ii to me not i. Forgive me but you dont know how gorgeous and long your hair really is!

Aisha25
April 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Wow very nice.You have very beautiful hair,you should take more pictures of it.

Xandergrammy
April 9th, 2008, 11:36 AM
I love your hair. It's gorgeous. Thanks for posting a picture! :flowers:

AJoifulNoise
April 9th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Wow. :thud:

MissHair
April 9th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Lovely lovely!!! It looks soft as cotton!!!

Lizbot
April 9th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Beautiful hair, sahiba! Thanks for sharing with us.

Blueglass
April 9th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I really doubt your a i. A i is a pony circumference of less the two inches. I'm not sure your an F, fro your photo your hair looks more M. The 2a seems about right, or maybe it's 1c or a combo. These groupings are comparative, so it's not just compared to your own family, it's everyone that
could be. Your hair is really gorgeous, and because it's so full, you definately can work the fairy tales better then I can.

Blueglass
April 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM
On second thought just remeasure your circumference, otherwise 2a F is good.

sahiba
April 10th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Your hair is georgous!! The fairtale ends look great on you.

Sorry, but what are fairtale ends?

Cinnamon Hair
April 10th, 2008, 12:57 AM
I agree, your hair is not only presentable, but something to show with pride! This must be another case of hair-anorexia (looks good to everyone but the owner)...many LHC'ers have it. I'm glad you posted.

Riot Crrl
April 10th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Sorry, but what are fairtale ends?

There appears to be a slight typo, it should be "fairytale" or "fairy tale." It means that there is taper at the ends, instead of the ends being bluntly cut off. It is a positive connotation, meant to evoke romantic tales of long-haired princesses from the old days when people didn't go to the salon every month.

DavidN
April 10th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Your hair looks wonderful in this photo, Sahiba, and I am delighted that you shared it with your fellow members at the LHC!:flowers:

paper
April 10th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Your hair is beautiful Sahiba. Thanks for sharing.

AprilElf
April 10th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Lovely picture of your gorgeous hair, Sahiba! :thumbsup:
You are definitely way past hip and it looks pretty thick too.

sahiba
April 10th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Your hair looks wonderful in this photo, Sahiba, and I am delighted that you shared it with your fellow members at the LHC!:flowers:

Thank you.

TammySue
April 10th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Your hair is so beautiful!!!! :)

jojo
April 10th, 2008, 04:39 AM
beautiful hair kind of reminds me of Romany hair

sahiba
April 10th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Actually, I had a sort of complex where hair is concerned. I have always felt that my hair is too limp and lifeless and for this reason I have always kept it tied in braid or some other updo. Never had the confidence to show them off.So probably have that mental block even now.Would you guys help me to correct my hair description?I can see I've really messed it up.

sahiba
April 10th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Your hair is so beautiful!!!! :)

Thank you.

sahiba
April 10th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Lovely picture of your gorgeous hair, Sahiba! :thumbsup:
You are definitely way past hip and it looks pretty thick too.

Frankly speaking I myself was not aware of my hair length, but its not really thick.Probably it had been freshly washed and combed so its giving this impression.

Lamb
April 10th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Actually, I had a sort of complex where hair is concerned. I have always felt that my hair is too limp and lifeless and for this reason I have always kept it tied in braid or some other updo. Never had the confidence to show them off.So probably have that mental block even now.Would you guys help me to correct my hair description?I can see I've really messed it up.

Sahiba, people here use Fia's hairtyping system to describe our hair - it is a system in which the texture and thickness of our hair is determined (roughly) by a number or letter. I cannot find the system here on the new LHC, but here is a link:
http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html

ANd please, do have confidence to show off your hair, you have absolutely no reason to hide it! It is neither limp nor lifeless, it is full of life!

Jason
April 10th, 2008, 06:26 AM
That is some gorgeous and very thick hair you have! I'd be very suprised if it's not iii thickness.

Lixie
April 10th, 2008, 06:34 AM
You have really beautiful hair, sahiba. Thanks for sharing with us. :flowers:

tuuli
April 10th, 2008, 06:37 AM
[...]
ANd please, do have confidence to show off your hair, you have absolutely no reason to hide it! It is neither limp nor lifeless, it is full of life!
I second what Lamb said.
You should be proud of your tresses, it's beautiful, Sahiba!
Thanks for sharing! :flowers:

brok3nwings
April 10th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Love love love your hair! It is so thick and shiny! Uowww !! I must disagree about fairytails, i would cut them and make it more one only because your hair is so thick that they seam to dont belong there! Anyway i love it, you are a lucky =)

FrannyG
April 10th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Sahiba, your hair is just lovely. Thank you so much for posting a photo. :flower:

Although everyone seems to be arguing with whether or not your hair is as fine as you've typed it, I do know that having those lovely 2a waves does give the appearance of fuller hair than what it really is.

So my assessment is that while your hair may be f/i/ii, it looks like very thick hair to me. You have a beautiful head of hair that anyone would be proud to have. :flowers:

sahiba
April 10th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Love love love your hair! It is so thick and shiny! Uowww !! I must disagree about fairytails, i would cut them and make it more one only because your hair is so thick that they seam to dont belong there! Anyway i love it, you are a lucky =)

I am a sikh , so I do not trim my hair at all. But otherwise thanks for the compliment.

sahiba
April 10th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I want to thank all you guys for making me feel special towards my hair Thank you very much.

spidermom
April 10th, 2008, 08:21 AM
I agree; your hair is very beautiful. I recently read a web site about the sikh beliefs regarding hair, so interesting, and I think correct. Hair is not dead.

Moezland
April 12th, 2008, 12:23 AM
I know this is a repeat, but I gotta add my :twocents: as well;) - your hair is very pretty - thank you for posting a picture:flower:

eresh
April 12th, 2008, 05:38 AM
YES!! Looks lovely!!
See, nothing to be shy about :)

Florida Mom
April 12th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Your hair is so beautiful - and looks so soft!!!!!

Irishred
April 12th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Sahiba,

Your hair is beautiful. Fairytale ends are a choice, in your case a religious choice as well. They are very pretty. As a Sikh, can you trim out split ends? Do you have split ends? Oh I hope to have fairytale ends some time :)

The link to Fia's hair typing system is correct but I don't see instructions for how/when to look at it. The first classifier is the hardest to determine. If you are not sure, take a picture of your freshly washed wet hair uncombed (If I comb well before I wash then my hair does not tangle much or at all). Let your hair air dry without combing it/touching it as little as possible and take another picture. My hair is a lot wavier than it used to be and I had to do this to prove it to my self.

Chamomile betty
April 12th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Such pretty hair and color.
Thanks for sharing your pic.

sahiba
April 14th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Sahiba,

Your hair is beautiful. Fairytale ends are a choice, in your case a religious choice as well. They are very pretty. As a Sikh, can you trim out split ends? Do you have split ends? Oh I hope to have fairytale ends some time :)

The link to Fia's hair typing system is correct but I don't see instructions for how/when to look at it. The first classifier is the hardest to determine. If you are not sure, take a picture of your freshly washed wet hair uncombed (If I comb well before I wash then my hair does not tangle much or at all). Let your hair air dry without combing it/touching it as little as possible and take another picture. My hair is a lot wavier than it used to be and I had to do this to prove it to my self.

No I cant trim my hair, and I have loads of split ends. But I've always been O.K. with it.

cuddledumplin
April 15th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Such pretty hair!

Fee
April 15th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Your hair is candy to my eyes,thank you for the picture :flowers:

michelle99
April 15th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Very beautiful hair.

Sarahmoon
April 15th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Your hair just can't be i!!! Did you measure near the nape or near the ends? ;)

ValkyrieRose
April 15th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Wow. I won't get to that length for another 2-3 years. It's very inspiring. :)

DarkChocolate
April 16th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Very nice:)

Shypii90
April 19th, 2008, 07:41 PM
The hair looks great :)

jojo
April 20th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I agree; your hair is very beautiful. I recently read a web site about the sikh beliefs regarding hair, so interesting, and I think correct. Hair is not dead.

you dont happen to have a link for that do you SM? it sounds very interesting

psvzum
April 20th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Sooooooo pretty!!! Such beautiful, long hair!!