PDA

View Full Version : What's the most you spent on your hair?

janeytilllie
June 12th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Hi Everyone! :waving:

Today I was in a good mood. College has finished
:cheese::cheese::cheese:

So today I decided to treat me! :D lol due to stress of exams etc.

I kind of went a little crazy on spending. I spent £90 in my nearest health shop, Bodyshop, Boots and Claires :o

My spending spree consisted of

* Akin and Faith in Nature shampoos and conditoners I have about 7 shampoos and 7 conditoners.
* new wooden brush and comb from bodyshop.
* lots of new hair toys from claires.
* Shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil and new hair scissors.

I do feel guilty spending so much :( but I look back in my room with all my bags and my guilt melts away! :crush:

Has anyone splashed out/spending spree on their hair? E.g. hairdresser, shampoos, conditioner hair care, hair toys, oils e.t.c.

heidi w.
June 12th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I dropped some serious change at the NYC Madora salon buying not only a trim plus tip; but also, purchasing a good supply of some sticks and hair combs and ornaments. They have some really nice, safe hairtoys there. I'm a sucker for glitter.

I think it came close to $150. Something like that. Maybe a slight bit more....

heidi w.

GlassEyes
June 12th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I don't want to admit it, but after I got my tax return...Oh gods. I spent your spree nearly 3x over. xD

willowcandra
June 13th, 2009, 02:30 PM
lol. Probbaly a $120 order from bronze jeweler or a $100 order for ficcares.

fishwich
June 13th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I blew $120 on my last big chop. And it -did- look fabulous. For about twelve hours, whereafter I had a shower and it looked like regular hair again.

$120 worth of hairsticks would have lasted much longer...*wistful sigh*

enfys
June 13th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hah! Probably £20 in Holland and Barratt, when I bought Silica and MSM.

I'm poor.

I don't think it's something you shouldn't spend money on, and if I could I would, trust me!

AJoifulNoise
June 13th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I spent $103 dollars on Night Blooming sticks once. I think that's the most I've spent on my hair in one go. I really don't have that kind of money to spend.

hennaphile
June 13th, 2009, 05:08 PM
This is slightly off topic, but I saw a natural salon add for "coconut treatment" with coconut oil, chamomile, and (something flowery) for $45!! You could spend $12 for a jar :D

Thinthondiel
June 13th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I'm kind of a newbie here and haven't been much into hair before, so I've never spent lots of money on hairtoys, hair products, oils etc.

So the only times I've really spent a lot of money on it, have been at salons. I've paid about $190 for a cut and two colours a few times.

LisaJaney
June 13th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Probably a Ficcare. $30 or so, I guess. But no, I spent more than that on the brass fork I got in Jackson. So $32. Yeah, that beats the scissors I spent $30 on, too.

Dars
June 13th, 2009, 09:33 PM
The single most expensive hair related item I have bought is my GHD straightener. $300! Ahh. If only I knew then what I what I know now.

may1em
June 13th, 2009, 09:56 PM
In one fell swoop? $70 on corrective color and a chop from shoulder to what can best be described as "grown out pixie trimmed to ear." This was early 2003.

The color reverted back from light brown to red in two weeks. It was one of the biggest wastes of money ever.

Now I have three Lotus Ficcares in my cart and I'm trying to tell myself that it's not a big deal to buy them, as I transferred money a few months ago into my online account for fun stuff. Even though I don't have a job this summer. But I really want olivine, amethyst, and the red lotus bright. I know I would wear them always.

Naava
June 13th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Two years ago I got hair extensions, paid 350€ for it to be done.

JamieLeigh
June 15th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I just threw down $60 on Etsy the other day, I think that's my record so far. :cheese:

Speckla
June 15th, 2009, 07:53 PM
$125 for a CHI iron on sale. $55 for color, $20 for cut, and $10 to style every 4-6 weeks when I used to go to a salon to have my hair cut and colored a few yeas ago.

Xandergrammy
June 15th, 2009, 09:01 PM
My DH just bought me 8 Ficcare Maximas clips. I think that's the most that I/we have ever spent on my hair.

AJoifulNoise
June 15th, 2009, 09:14 PM
My DH just bought me 8 Ficcare Maximas clips. I think that's the most that I/we have ever spent on my hair.

Whoa! Can I come play at your house? :pray:

Jinx2234
June 15th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Back when I was still getting my hair dyed, I spent around $85 to get my hair cut and dyed, that's the most I ever spent (at least at one time).

Calanthe
June 15th, 2009, 10:45 PM
It was quite some time ago...I think it was a whopping 150 Euros (it was before Euro, though), for consultation, cut, colour and various other stuff I thought I needed at that time. It was for my first ever proper job and I thought I'd have to be and look all grown-up...:D

OhioLisa
June 15th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Hmm, it would definitely be on hair toys. I know I have spent over $100 many times for some pretties from Monk. The highest purchase from him was probably closer to $200. :blushing:

longhairedfairy
June 16th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Hah! Probably £20 in Holland and Barratt, when I bought Silica and MSM.

I'm poor.

I don't think it's something you shouldn't spend money on, and if I could I would, trust me!
Lol, me too. I think the most I spent in one go was probably $30-$40 to have my hair put up when I was in a good friend's wedding.

FrozenPrincess
June 16th, 2009, 06:07 AM
I spent an entire $90 at the hairdressers to get my hair coloured, but it looked so glossy and new afterwards :cheese:

Xandergrammy
June 16th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Whoa! Can I come play at your house? :pray:

Come on over, Joi!! We'll have fun!

rags
June 16th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I just bought three ficcares, :o, but with the sale and the free shipping that doesn't equal the cut and highlights/lowlights I spent years ago, which was $150. I've never spent that much at one time ever again (the ficcares come the closest, at $91)

Tyu
June 16th, 2009, 09:07 AM
$400 for a thermal ionic straightening job. I loved it to death and I'd do it again, but so damned expensive, and I can get similar (though not as great) results with drugstore relaxer for ten bucks.

Curlsgirl
June 16th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I spend about $100 every couple of months for highlights/lowlights and $30 the other months for toner at my Aveda salon. It is much better for me than doing my own color which trashed my hair before. It's worth it to me.

teela1978
June 16th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I thin it was a $40 haircut at the salon across the street from where I used to live. It was a great haircut. Typically back then I'd go to great clips or fantastic sams where it was $15 after tipping, so that was quite the splurge.

kdaniels8811
June 16th, 2009, 09:36 AM
The most at one time was about $180, at a salon for cut, color, etc. Now I justify my hairtoys by how much I am saving by not having it cut, colored, etc. I do not DARE add up my hairtoy expenditures... But they are so pretty and fun!

Grizzy
June 16th, 2009, 09:42 AM
My GHD flat iron that was close to $300 or my BKT straightening treatment that was also $300 plus tip. I would do the straightening again in a heart beat. Not sure the flat iron was worth it though.

Altocumulus
June 16th, 2009, 09:58 AM
About 10 years ago I spent something like $250 at a super fancy NYC salon on a full head of foils, trying to color my hair red. It looked exactly the same when I was done...sigh. Henna actually made my hair red, and for much, much cheaper!

Teacherbear
June 16th, 2009, 10:01 AM
The most I've spent, for one individual item was for my Mason Pearson Large Extra all BBB brush. It sits in my bathroom drawer, mostly unused. That was about $100.

The most I've spent for one treatment was one of my GM treatments. I've had 3 of them, I think. At the first one I purchased a bunch of product, too. That was between $100 and $200 (with product).

Delila
June 16th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I think my spending is more diffuse, spread out over time. Doesn't mean I've spent less, however.

akka naeda
June 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Treatments, I don't remember. The last time I had my hair looked at by a professional was over 15 years ago.

However, since being here I guess the max at one time was an order of 2 Ficcares, which accrued customs charges and so came to over £100.

faeflame
June 17th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I spent over $300 four years ago for a perm that trashed my hair and left stubbly bits all over my head. Grrrrrrr, still ticks me off thinking about it.
Of course, once I found LHC and got my hair back on track I was happy to shell out $250+ for Ficcarres!!!

goodenough
June 17th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I spent $130 once to go from bsl black to chin length strawberry blonde. Loved the color, but I love my own (dark) color, too. I like both! So I promise to treat myself to blonde again if I don't like the way my grey grows in (it's just starting, too soon to tell.) My kids want me to go blonde because they're blondies.

I think this time I'd do it myself. I think.

chickpea
June 17th, 2009, 06:45 PM
I spent over $100 on Jessicurl products. I bought liter size bottles of the hair cleansing cream, Aloeba conditioner, and Rockin Ringlets gel. I love these products and use them regularly, so it isn't a waste of money to me.

I also spent $30 on Kinky Curly Curling Cream. Now that was a little crazy, I admit, because I had just ordered all the Jessicurl stuff. Sometimes the product junkie in me gets out of control. :wacko:

It's been 25 years since I stepped foot in a salon, so I figure what I spend on hair toys and products ends up about the same if I was getting regular haircuts.

HappyHair87
June 17th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I think the most i've spent on hair products is like 30 dollars in one shopping trip....in a year...i dunno!

ReddishRocks
June 17th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Oh my goodness... I was going to say my last Ficcare order was my biggest splurge, but I'm about to spend $100+ on Etsy at NightBlooming/Nightshade's shop. :D When I get my hair cut, it's $50 and worth EVERY penny to have a woman with curly hair who LOVES long hair get it just right. :)

Hay22
June 17th, 2009, 07:45 PM
The most I've ever spent on a product was $150 for my Chi, which had to be replaced a few months later after my boyfriend stepped on it (yes, I cried, and yes, he replaced it). The replacement is 1 year old and I don't think I've used it once since joining LHC.

The most I've ever spent on a hair outing was about $75 for a cut. It was when my hair was chin length and the cut was AMAZING, but I can't justify spending that now.

Buddaphlyy
June 17th, 2009, 07:59 PM
$250 for hair extensions and an updo for prom. Boy did I look great that day.

HappyHair87
June 17th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I seriously have an urge to splurge on some ficcares though.....I love to clip my hair up!!

Pony Girl
November 20th, 2009, 10:34 PM
EEEEeeeek! I spend way tooooo much on my hair. Once around the $280 AUD (Australian) mark. This did include salon services. I can't help myself I'm addicted to buying hairs shampoo's, Conditioners and Toys also.

shockinglength
November 21st, 2009, 08:03 PM
The most I ever spent was 75 dollors for S&C D:

Hiriel
November 22nd, 2009, 03:07 AM
Well, I did spend around £50 on a ficcare incl. shipping (damnit next time I'm ordering from the US no matter how long it takes to get here, the dollar is so much lower than the pound!), but I see now that it's not a whole lot compared to some people ;)
However, I'm a student and don't have a lot of money, so I can't really afford to go amok. I will when I can, I can guarantee it ;)

Toadstool
November 22nd, 2009, 03:52 AM
I once spent £80 on foils, weaving different shades of red into my hair.
Not worth it.

halfbakedtulip
November 22nd, 2009, 04:34 AM
oh have I !!! My hair is very very thick and I used to get whole head foils...took them 4 hrs and cost me 200. One time I did that, bought my chi straightener...almost 200 and then bought some uber expensive salon shampoo and cond :s

EvaSimone
November 22nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
I bought about $90 worth of toys recently. I've done that a few times though just not all at once.

elianne
November 22nd, 2009, 09:20 AM
I think in terms of services the most I have spent would be ~$100 US for a cut. I don't color my hair, so I've never had to drop a ton of money at once on that...

...however, in terms of hair toys I've made several purchases of around $100 each. And a LOT of ~$50 purchases, which add up fast! :D :D I have to admit that I'm always a little jealous of people with finer/thinner hair, since I always always have to pay extra for the longer hair sticks or bigger size ficcares. I'd love to be able to get away with wearing a 5" ketylo. :p

kimannabella
November 22nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Well my big splurge used to be hair extensions, I used to get them in constantly from cowboys and angels in dublin. It was 425 a throw back then,say 2001-2003? And I was still in college so I don't know how I manged to afford them every 3 months.

Even did a course on them, so I could do my own. When my own hair grew long enough, I still put the damn things in just to thicken it up, when they were the very thing that was thinning my hair in the first place,grr. And then my ghd, and once a brazilian straighten. Everyone told me I had lovely hair. Sigh.

I'm only a year after giving up all of that junk. I cannot believe how much I wasted-think of all the other things I could have got for that!

Laululintu
November 22nd, 2009, 01:24 PM
So the only times I've really spent a lot of money on it, have been at salons. I've paid about $190 for a cut and two colours a few times.

I'm going to spend a comparable amount on my hair appointment tomorrow. Apart from salon visits, I think the biggest I've spent on my hair in one go has been roughly around 50€.

Keildra
November 22nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
The most I spent would be when I tried to chemically straighten my hair and it was so long ago that I don't even remember how much it was. Around $40 I think but since then the most has been ten dollars on a trim

RoseRedDead
November 22nd, 2009, 01:29 PM
The most I've spent on my hair (at one go) has been some $61-$62. It was on Tactical Hair Containment Devices. See? They had a practical use!

spidermom
November 22nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
A perm with a style cut was the most I ever spent at one time on my hair, although buying an ebony fork with coordinating hair stick came close.

HildeMV
November 22nd, 2009, 04:05 PM
I had to pay something like 270 dollars for a cut and color(multi tone). The salons here are expensive, yup.

cassie_g
November 22nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
Probably less than $15. And that was most likely for the very last hair butchering I received.

Laylah
November 22nd, 2009, 04:23 PM
Maybe about $10 or so for a trim- I know, I'm really a cheap. lol, but I'm broke and while I love my hair, I can't afford anything expensive.

Kris Dove
November 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
About £100+ trying to fix it after a home dye disaster when I tried to bleach it platinum blonde in 2000- I was going for a Gwen Stefani look.

The home dye was brassy and patchy so I got a professional to fix it, and after a few days of all over platinum I decided I didn't much like the colour on me (and my mother hated it more than I did and nagged me to fix it!) so I then got medium blonde lowlights to soften it, which actually looked really good.

I can't remember the actual cost but 2 salon visits at around £50 a time added up!

Nae
November 22nd, 2009, 05:04 PM
$190 on a chop and dye about ten years ago. I wanted red highlights.......I don't know why it cost so much to this day. I thought I would pass out when she gave me the bill. Lesson learned, never go back to that salon.:eek:

YourEggcellency
November 22nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
Haha I spend $180 every 5-6 weeks for my color & cut, & about three or four times a year I spend $150-200 for shampoo & conditioner, either Aveda or Kerastase, plus Bumble & Bumble or Shu Uemura products. My hair is so spoiled.

katydid317
November 22nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
In one go? The most I've spent at one time on my hair would be about 50$ - 40$ for a cut and about $10 for a box of dye. I chopped it off a couple weeks ago and dyed it dark again...I have been loving it BUT... yeah. I miss being able to use my hair forks.

Kitten87
November 22nd, 2009, 06:20 PM
I spent about $300 (in increments) going blonde the "safe way." ....I barely stayed blonde for a year before I went red again :rolleyes:

luluj
November 22nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
I once spent $200.00 on a color correction appointment ( I turned my hair a muddy green :crazyq:with my attempt to color at home.) The worst part was the fact that I then had to spend another $45.00 on a hair cut due to the damage caused by the harshness of the color correction chemicals. I am now a proud member of the RENEGRAYS! LOL!!:happydance:

vdhendrix
November 22nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
the most i have ever spent at one time was $33 at GNC for some coconut oil and 3 bottles of essential oils

Othala
November 23rd, 2009, 04:03 AM
£40.00 on a case of Brazil nut oil.

Hiriel
November 23rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
I had to pay something like 270 dollars for a cut and color(multi tone). The salons here are expensive, yup.

Or just, you know, everything here is expensive ;)

Leena7
November 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
I spent a little under $200 when I got a cut and went blonde. It took over 2 hours to do all the foils...closer to 3 hours probably, they also washed, cut and blow dried it, so I guess I can understand the high price considering the hours involved.

young&reckless
November 23rd, 2009, 02:33 PM
Just put an order in for 7 new hair sticks from treasures from the tree. So about $85

Qamar
November 25th, 2009, 11:53 PM
I've placed several $50 orders for hair toys and am about to splurge on three Maxima Ficcares to the tune of $130. I figure it all evens out though because I wash with suave conditioner at under a buck a bottle, moisturize my hair with aloe vera gel at 2.50 a bottle and honey I get get the dollar store. I don't go to salons, trim my own hair, and the only "products" I ever put in my hair are emu oil or camellia oil. I'm not spending money on blow dryers, curling irons, straighteners, hair sprays, gels, mousses, etc etc. I get far more enjoyment out of the hairtoys that will last for decades than I would with the product of the month fads and my hair is happier for it.

zule
November 26th, 2009, 01:00 AM
If you're saying at one time or one event, it was two cuts, conditions and perms (for curly) in one week. Yeah. The first one was a disaster. My hair, naturally wavy, dropped dead straight. My hair just stuck flat to my head and was stone straight. I went back to correct it and was charged again. This time, I told her that she was putting the rollers in wrong, and she said: "I know what I'm doing". After that, it started breaking off at the scalp line and was still straight. I demanded my money back and did get it. And yes, she'd put the rollers in all wrong.

That horrible experience FINALLY taught me to speak up and walk out if I don't like what they're doing.

I don't know what the total was--I've blanked it out in denial, lol. But it was just under $300, iirc. :(

Isa-belle
November 26th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Since I've become a "true" long hair 2 years ago, (i.e. consciously and actively growing and taking care of my hair), the most I spent was when the Lotus Jewel Ficcares came out last spring. I bought two at a time from stone-bridge. That came out to £80 :oops:

But you know, come to think of it, when I used to have a perm a year, that cost around 80 euro, not to mention the pricey products I had to use back then to keep my hair together. That really helps put things back in perspective.

Tangles
November 26th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I can honestly say the most I've spent on my hair since I stopped going to the salon was for hair sticks ($30) and Lush henna ($20, didn't like it). I might ask for a Ficcare for Christmas.

I'd rather spend money on clothes and makeup than on hair implements--I like to see long hair as an area where I'm saving money.

ooo
November 26th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I'm poor.

Same here! The most I once spent was about 60$ on flexi8s.

LoversLullaby
November 26th, 2009, 05:45 PM
The most would probably be about $70 when I got highlights put in my hair a few years back. My hair was much longer than it was now, so it costed a lot more.
I'd really love to buy some more hairtoys for me though! Of course first I need the money. ;)

Leah Polamalu
November 26th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I think the most I've spent is $30 on 3 products: Joico K-Pak Shampoo and Conditioner, and the liquid reconstructor. It didn't do anything for my hair except make it greasy and limp. This was before I discovered the magic of v05. :)

francismary
November 26th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I went crazy last week and decided to have a haircut, color, style--the works. All that with tip and "special" shampoo and conditioner, about $200. This is after years of "just trims" for $8-$10. My sister rationalized it the best, "Well, you know the old cliche of guys going out and getting themselves a fast little sporty car when they have their mid life crisis--we go wild with our hair!":D

xxchoco
November 30th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Extension.

On one go it's been 120 € (+ 35 € a week later for some more volume), that is $185 (+ $52) so pretty much! :S But they were so worth it! The kind of extensions I got are only done in Japan (they do little braids all over your head) and aren't mean to your own hair.

But I spend pretty much money on extensions in general too. Now I use cheap ones so I have to get new ones every 3 months, tho they're only $50 :I

xxchoco
November 30th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Extensions*

God, my grammar is horrible today :D