PDA

View Full Version : I cut my hair!

flaming bunny
June 12th, 2009, 09:34 AM
For those of you who don't read my blog, I recently decided to abandon my goal of knee length as I wasn't enjoying my hair anymore and longed for simpler times when I could wear it down with ease.
Well, today I got it cut back to my hips (from mid thigh length / 47.5") :D

And I LOVE it!!!

It's now hip length with a very slight U shape and really thick & silky. I cannot believe all this thick hair was hiding away from me. I loved my hair before but now I think I lust after it too hahaha!

The hairdresser (though her time keeping leaves something to be desired) was brilliant and it only took about 5-10minutes to cut! I was surprised at that. She asked me about 5 times if I was sure I wanted such a large amount taken off and wouldn't start cutting until I had convinced her that I was sure. She then told me how much she hated hairdressers that just do whatever they think regardless of whats been asked of them. We *love* her.

I'm soooooo glad I did this. I think hip length is my magic length-it looks and feels great. My braid is rediculously thick; I can do a comfortable ponytail and I can still do a hair stick bun-although the thick ends don't really tuck in that well so it's all loose looking....which I actually love too.

Ahhh! So happy right now! Yay!

I thought I would have some sense of mourning, but I don't. At all. Maybe it will come in a few days....who knows. But I won't regret it :)

GlassEyes
June 12th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Pics or it didn't happen. ;) But I'm glad you like it...you know, the cut that doesn't exist without PEEEECTURRRRESSSS. XD

Pegasus Marsters
June 12th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I thought you meant you'd cut short and was about to have a heart attack!

LittleOrca
June 12th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I'm glad you are ok and not crying (yet)! :) I agree with Glass, we need pics!

Zindell
June 12th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Pics! :D

Glad you love it! And I want to hire your hair dresser. Might be hard since I live in Sweden hehee.
Oh well.. me and my DD 14 trim each others hair, and that works fine...

Arctic
June 12th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Sounds like the decision was a right one, it's important to feel good about yourself and your hair!

JamieLeigh
June 12th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I'm glad you knew what you wanted and weren't afraid to go for it! Sounds like you made a good decision and this will work better for you. I'm kind of getting tired of sitting on my hair myself. If it wasn't for this stupid curiosity about terminal length, I'd probably head back above the butt myself. :(

And....PICTURES?!?! :D

LaurelSpring
June 12th, 2009, 10:20 AM
There are times in life when cutting is absolutely the right thing to do. Unfortunately its usually not until afterwards that we figure that out! Im glad it was the right time and stylist for you. It sounds perfect.

SimplyLonghair
June 12th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I am glad that you are happy with the cut.

I agree no pics, it didn't happen, pics and everybody is happy.:D

Coriander
June 12th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I'm so pleased that you have found your "magic length"!

MandaMom2Three
June 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM
And the nicest thing is no more waiting :D You're already AT your target !!! YAY!!!

redneckprincess
June 12th, 2009, 11:50 AM
pics? please..... I am glad for you that you are able to enjoy it more now, isnt that what its all really about enjoing our hair, and liking how we look in the end?

wackyredtangles
June 12th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Pics or it didn't happen. ;) But I'm glad you like it...you know, the cut that doesn't exist without PEEEECTURRRRESSSS. XD

That is my favorite phrase. Right along with "that's photoshopped". =)

Pics please!

flaming bunny
June 12th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks for all your kind words guys :grouphug:
Unfortunately I'm not a public picture poster so you're going to have to suspend belief ;) Sorry!

enfys
June 13th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I'm glad you're at a place you like.

It's a shame about the pictures but you aren't here to decorate our world. See, our favourite phrase bit our own behinds!

What's great is you don't have to wonder if you'd like longer hair, you know full well that where you are is the best place to be!

swanns
June 13th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Isn't it funny when you can cut inches off your hair and it's still considered very long? :D I'm glad you have found your happy lenght!

flaming bunny
June 15th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the support guys :) You're great!

jojo
June 15th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Glad your happy with your new length, thats what matters at the end of the day and hip is a beautiful length.

SpecialKitty
June 15th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I'm intrigued by how your thickness hid from you at longer lengths, but came out to play when you cut your hair to hip length :D That is kinda cool, actually :agree:

Islandgrrl
June 15th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I'm so happy that you love your hair again!

But I do agree with the others....pictures or it's all just a fantasy!

feralnature
June 15th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I am another who wants pics but will get over it. Glad your hairdresser listened to you and seemed to care. It's nice to find someone who is in the right profession. How nice to have a big fat ponytail. One day...