PDA

View Full Version : User Name Change

Sherri
April 9th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I was wondering if we are allowed to change our user names? I couldn't think of anything cute when i signed up and would now like to change it. Is that possible?

Xanthippe
April 9th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Here are some threads that address this: here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1150) and here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=921).

Generally, I think it is not done, unless there is a really good reason (like you used your real name and you're getting harassed). If that is the case, then you'd PM a mod and they'd help you take care of it. :flower:

Sherri
April 9th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Oh, I just don't like the fact that I did use my name. I understand if it's to much trouble, though.

harpgal
April 9th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Sherri, we do not change user names unless it is for extenuating circumstances. If you would like to pursue this, please PM any mod.

Sherri
April 9th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Not really sure I should bother anyone with this because of all the change going on. It would be different if I was being harrased or something. Maybe when things settle down I could PM a mod, but I really hate to right now. I just don't like the thought of my name being right out there, but I have been on this site for awhile and I have'nt had any problem. I have kind of kept to myself though. I have been trying to make new firends and I guess I feel that this is hinder that in some way. Do you know what I mean?

Carolyn
April 9th, 2008, 07:23 PM
There are quite a few of us who have used our real first names and haven't had any problems.

TammySue
April 9th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Carolyn's right, lots of us use our real names.
Sherri is such a pretty name!
Continue to use it and if you encouter problems in the future, then you can address that with a Mod.

Sherri
April 10th, 2008, 09:35 AM
That sounds fine with me. I just wasn't sure with all the new things if that would be a possible or not, but thanks for the reassurance.