PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a good idea?

Babyfine
April 9th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Currently I dye my 5-10%grey- med brown hair every 3-5 months an auburn shade in a salon with a demi-perm color. I just don't like the look of the hairline grey hairs coming in. I love the color but I keep thinking of switching to henna( the demi perm is not as damaging as permanent but it does damage slightly)- but I'm worried about the upkeep of henna- besides the fact that I'm not into all the work that seems to go into it.(mixing, ect)
I thought that maybe I could order something like MM's marigold blonde and do a henna treatment. I know someone here had a bad experience with that- but most of my hair(maybe 90%) is dark enough that (the yellow) wouldn't show- but the greys around my hairline would look like golden highlights.
Or perhaps a better way of achieving this would be to use BAQ Cassia and maybe some chamolile tea and let it sit for dye release?(I don't wan't to use anything acidic as my hair already is slighlty damaged and dried out).
Has anyone done this? I was also hoping to receive the conditioning benifits of henna or cassia as well. I thought this might be a way to "ease" into hennaing- and see if I like it. Can you go back to chemical dyes after you used Cassia? I'm assuming you can't after henna.

khyricat
April 9th, 2008, 10:36 AM
what color is your natural hair? if blondes work- try the cassia/chamomile, someone posted pics in the cassia thread- she gets a TON of color from it that lasts about a month and fades gradually, so when it fades, it would be time to repeat the process...

Amie

Babyfine
April 9th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks, Khyricat- my natural color is a medium brown-I do have a few silvers coming in the front. 10% maybe? I'll have to check that Cassia thread.
I thought Cassia might be the way to start out as it might not be quite the commitment as henna. But I didn't know if Cassia itself would color the greys unless something else was added in.