PDA

View Full Version : Husband Hacks the Chia-Pet

Kirin
June 11th, 2009, 06:12 PM
My husband started growing his hair out from a buzz cut when I started growing mine out from a Pixie cut. I've had various trims to get out layers and damaged ends, but not him. I went to near shoulder blades........

I am pretty certain his hair grows in weight and volume, not length.

This poor guy, had a raging electrified pom pom on top of his head. He's tried everything that I could find for him to try, but his hair resembled a ten gallon hat of brillo pads over luscious hair. Yesterday, he'd had it, and gave up the ghost. Out came the clippers buzz buzz buzz ..... I stayed in the other room.

He emerged with what I would call the "power mullet" which, I must admit, really looks good on him. Different, but good...... I go into the bathroom and he returns sweeping up the hair.

OMG people, the HAIR..... his hair was just past his shoulders, thats it, and he had enough hair from that cut to fill an entire plastic grocery bag that weighed about five pounds. It looked like he killed some innocent small animal in there. He'd been complaining about headache............ no kidding, when I picked up the bag and then dropped it, it hit the floor with a thud!

amaiaisabella
June 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I thought I was going to read a story where your husband viciously went after the Chia Pet! :laugh: Sounds like the cut was the right move for him

EvaSimone
June 11th, 2009, 06:31 PM

I am pretty certain his hair grows in weight and volume, not length.

This poor guy, had a raging electrified pom pom on top of his head. He's tried everything that I could find for him to try, but his hair resembled a ten gallon hat of brillo pads over luscious hair.

This part had me :rollin:

Your poor DH!

pictures??? :eyebrows:

embee
June 11th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I think my ex-DH would have had a similar problem. When his hair was cut, combed and wetted down it resembled a Marcel Wave. Old ladies just swooned over it. He hated it of course.

(Marcel Wave:
http://www.1920-30.com/fashion/hairstyles/marcel-wave.html )

Fractalsofhair
June 11th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Yikes! That actually sounds somewhat similar to my boyfriend's hair when it was shorter. He hated buzz cuts, and well, he's in the 3b-4a category I'd guess if I had to(Probably 3c, but I'm really not sure.). I can't really say since he doesn't use conditioner and it's basically poofy, but now that his hair is mid back or so, it resembles very curly hair on the top, and not quite a fro on the bottom.(His dad has Einstien hair, but with curls, if that's any help. His sister is a 3b with very damaged hair, so basically his family has VERY curly hair for Dutch/French people.) When it was shorter though... The pictures are scary, it really is. His hair was dull and just a gigantic poof. My hair does get like that somedays, but more of a frizz look. His hair... Is that way no matter what he did. Now, he wore headbands, but the last time he had all around short hair was a few years ago, so it was more acceptable. Little clips might help keep your husband's hair under control. My boyfriend's hair is fairly nice, dry and coarse, but if he used conditioner or let me put hot oil in it occasionally, his hair would be gorgeous. Probably waist length to hips if he straightened it, not sure, and it compresses a LOT, which is why it looks thicker than it would otherwise. However, if we both do top of the head ponytails, mine is thicker than his! XD. Letting it grow out helps a lot, but trimming in a flattering style is good as well. That is a scary amount of hair to think about, 5 pounds!

Kirin
June 11th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Sadly no pictures of the bag o' chia pet!

I'd tried oils, conditioners (he conditioner only washes and has for some time), but yeesh, it was course, rough, not exactly hair you want to run your hands through.

Only with a hand-full (I'm not kidding a whole hand-full or TWO) of pomade could he get spiral ringlets to form. If he so much as touched his hair after that, POUF....... Kitty in a Drier on high look! He's a average height VERY slender guy, so the feminine look was not going well with the spirals and the pouf, well..... he couldn't see! haha!

The sad part is, even with all that hair cut off its still the same length (layered now heavily), and if you didn't know him well, it doesn't look like he's had a haircut!

tarn
June 11th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I'm amazed the clippers survived the cut. My husband has wiry hair. He goes through a set of clippers pretty regularly and I'm always oiling the blades during the cut.

Natalia
June 11th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Lol i thought chia pet was a equphamism :p.

Wind
June 11th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Okay, I'm wanting to see pictures of this power mullet! It's just not looking good in my head... :p

Bene
June 11th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Lol i thought chia pet was a equphamism :p.

yeah, same here :o

Natalia
June 11th, 2009, 09:54 PM
yeah, same here :o O good lol im not the only one with a dirty mind :p. I seem to have an affinity for sexual things just pops into my head :shrug: