PDA

View Full Version : What do you drink?

jera
June 11th, 2009, 02:59 PM
What do you drink to keep your hair healthy and hydrated. Water? fruit juice? herbal tea? red wine? :p

I'd say I'm about a 99% water person. But I do drink some tea too. Herbals, green tea, Indian chai, and regular. Water seems to work best, but I do wonder about the anti oxidant benefits of fruit juices. And then of course there's always red wine. :eyebrows:

GlassEyes
June 11th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I go through two, maybe three full gallons of orange juice a week, more if I'm home alone. xD;

And when we run out, I drink other juice and some water. But seriously, GALLONS of OJ. I crave that **** like it's my morning coffee. Which it is, because I'm intolerant to coffee. xD;

-edit- I'm on my second gallon this week.

shrimp
June 11th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Ermmmm whiskey and black coffee not counting here? :ponder:

There's water in both!

(I do drink a lot of water, but I also drink a lot of very strong black coffee)

Anje
June 11th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Water, coffee, tea, soy milk, and more soda than I should. I'm slowly working on replacing the soda with tea, though, and I always feel better when I do.

Islandgrrl
June 11th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Water, mostly. Green tea when I need a break from water. One big cuppa joe in the morning. No soda, no juice, no alcohol.

Natalia
June 11th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Ohh i love this thread :)! Im not really a water person except when i was working out becasue thats all theyd allow in the gym. I like it better ice cold but my teeth dont tolerate that :(. I mostly drink coconut water (Yuuuuuuuum!) or juice. I wish i had the energy to do fresh juice as i have a juicer and i love carrot and apple bases. I used to do it but cleaning up is such a hassle. In packages i try to avoid HFCS i mean if your going to have sweetener added regular old corn syrup is plenty lol. White grape is a nice sweet one even straight so i like that. I have to avoid acidic things like citrus becasue of me health so my choice is kind of limited becasue almost all blends have pineapple or orange in them.

ETA: How on EARTH did i forget herbal tea! I love herbal tea :D. My stomach doesnt tolerate caffine well either so they are my friend. My newest tea is Tulsi based with hibiscus and elderberry or black currents in it. I like pretty much everything herbal :p. Oh and on occasion if im up to i love a good glass of a smokey plum wine....

kdaniels8811
June 11th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I drink lots of water with a squirt of lemon, for the vitamin C and to make it taste better. Regular tea and red wine. Milk on my cereal, that is about it!

AJoifulNoise
June 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I drink water constantly. A shot of milk every so often after dinner. Occasionally juice. Sometimes sweet tea (but, that's not a health drink, it's just good :lol:).

Speckla
June 11th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Right now? It's summer and in the 90's - so I drink a ton of Crystal Light or the store generic brand.

florenonite
June 11th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Milk and tea at home/café, etc., but I also carry a water bottle with me outside the house with, er, water in it :p

Tap Dancer
June 11th, 2009, 04:23 PM
I drink water. That's all. But it's because I like water and it's good for my body and my skin.

Carolyn
June 11th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I drink a lot of ice water. I like a slice of lemon or lime in it. I drink quite a bit of weak iced tea too. I love mint tea or fruit flavors. I drink too much diet pop and am try to cut down on it. I'd be drinking beer if I wasn't drinking pop a lot of the time. Milk NEVER. I love wine now and then. I rarely drink juice. Too many calories and carbs.

janeytilllie
June 11th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I drink lots of green tea with lemon and honey. I also drink water, orange juice, fruit smoothies and milk :)

ETA I don't drink alcohol coffee or frizzy drinks.

GeoJ
June 11th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I drink water every day. I also have a couple of cups of milk per day. I sometimes have orange juice (more in the winter when my friends give me bags of extra oranges from their trees), or other pure fruit juices. I quit drinking soda several years ago, and I dislike coffee and tea. I don't drink alcohol.

:)

Freija
June 11th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Weak squash (to all non-English people, I mean the concentrated drink flavouring, not the plant!) - I cannot stand the taste of water, but I know I ought to drink plenty, so I decided that adding a little sugarfree squash couldn't make much difference.

Chamomile tea, too; I love the stuff! I only drink coffee if I need to focus during a lesson/exam/stay up late to finish coursework (and I then usually feel a bit... wobbly for a few hours).

viking_quest
June 11th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I only drink water, black tea, cranberry juice mixes, with the occasional soda (like once a week).

Speckla
June 11th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I know what I should drink plain water but for some reason it always tastes so funny. I can't figure out why.

http://images49.fotki.com/v1503/photos/7/1199357/7619157/Picture157-vi.jpg

EdG
June 11th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Water. No calories, no cost... what's not to like? :cheese:
Ed

Caldonia Sun
June 11th, 2009, 06:33 PM
A cup of yerba mate in the morning and sometimes (when my tummy allows) a cup of coffee. Then it's usually water the rest of the day.

Thinthondiel
June 11th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Weak squash (to all non-English people, I mean the concentrated drink flavouring, not the plant!) - I cannot stand the taste of water, but I know I ought to drink plenty, so I decided that adding a little sugarfree squash couldn't make much difference.

I drink a lot of squash too - we call it "saft". I didn't even know there was an English word for it before I went to Southampton as an exchange student. I don't think Americans have a word for it, though...?

Anyway... as I mentioned, I drink squash, and I also drink juices with lots of antioxidants - they're so yummy! The juices I drink contain a combination of fruits and berries such as grapes, cherries, blueberries (well, they're what we call blueberries... the English word is actually bilberries), raspberries, cranberries etc.

And I'll drink OJ that's either not made from concentrate, or (preferably) freshly squeezed.

Addy
June 11th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Coffee, water, juices, pop and beer. Not necesarily in that order. :D

wackyredtangles
June 11th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I don't think of it for hair health, but I guess overall health contributes to hair health.

Anyways, I mostly drink water. I don't like keeping soda or juice around the house, but on occasion I'll buy some. I have at least 1 cup of caffeinated tea or coffee each morning. When my stomach feels wonky, like now, I'll have some ginger tea with a little milk and cinnamon. I also love herbal teas. I'll go through fads where I'll drink one kind for a month. My most recent kick was mint with cardamonn pods. Hrm, I'll bet cardamonn would be good in my ginger tea... Some teas I have milk with, some I don't, but I don't normally just drink a big glass of milk.

SimplyViki
June 11th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I drink primarily coffee.:oops:
Sooo bad for me... I'm probably in a constant state of dehydration.

Dars
June 11th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I don't drink to keep my hair healthy and hydrated more so my whole body. It depends on the season but my main drink of choice is herbal, green and white teas. Second comes low fat milk. Third would be water. Fourth would be soup, fifth soy milk, sixth fresh fruit juice. Etcetera :p

Kristen_Marie
June 11th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Ooh boy, let's see...I like orange juice, cranberry juice and those fruty things they have out on the market (like the Happy/Beauty boost drinks, Naked etc.) but I rarely drink them because of the cost. I usually end up drinking water because I like it and because it's pretty much all that we have around the house drinkwise. (Save for milk which is just weird to me outside of a cereal bowl)

I also (shamefully) admit to drinking Monster/Amp energy drinks three times a week. I work at 3AM shift M,W and F at Target and just can't wake myself up at that hour no matter how early I go to bed. *sigh* Though, I'm slowly weaning myself off them and off soda altogether.

Blue Willow
June 11th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Japanese green tea and homemade lemonade, lots of spring water, & I love white wines..I've a yen to try honey meades but I don't know much about them

rose_in_bloom
June 11th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Water, water, and more water. :) I drink at least 8 glasses a day. I also drink three cups of herbal or green tea (mostly herbal) every day. Lots of nettle tea. I have lowfat milk maybe three times a week. No soda. I feel much better when I'm properly hydrated.

ETA: I also have green smoothies every morning after exercising (spinach, fruit, coconut milk, and a splash of orange juice).

tigerlily896
June 11th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I used to be a soda (well I really call it coke, be it sprite, dr. pepper, or actually coca-cola) addict. I would hardly drink any water.

Nowadays, I try to drink only water and tea and have sodas as a treat. Now that I rarely drink it, everytime I do have a soda, 5 minutes later I have to go to the bathroom really really bad. I think my body rejects it now and filters it right out!

Nevermore
June 11th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I drink mostly water. I'll get it at restaurants if it's good (some places the water is gross and I'll have soda/iced tea). I drink white grape juice every morning, a glass of milk every morning and then switch to water for the rest of the day.

I do occasionally have a milkshake or something like an iced latte, coffee, tea or herbal tea.

I'm not concerned about calories, I just try to keep hydrated.

RocketDog
June 11th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I drink loads of water, plus a few cups of black coffee on the weekends, and an occasional beer or glass of wine. I do enjoy green/white tea as well, and the occasional diet soda. I don't drink milk, juice or hard liquors.

hennaphile
June 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Water, coffee, sometimes juice, coffee, maybe a smidgen of wine or beer (very rarely), coffee, kefir, coffee, goat milk, and maybe some coffee.

longhairedfairy
June 11th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Water, coffee, sometimes juice, coffee, maybe a smidgen of wine or beer (very rarely), coffee, kefir, coffee, goat milk, and maybe some coffee.
:lol:

Water, coffee, and tea. Other things every once in a while.

aprilmay
June 11th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I am not sure what benefits these have for my hair, but I drink mostly PUR filtered water, coffee, a wide variety of herbal teas, micro brews, red wine, tequila, vodka, smoothies, orange juice, Emergen-C, and assorted other drinks.

HappyHair87
June 11th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I drink mostly water.....I LOVe soymilk!!!!! I also love to drink those Naked juices and i love grape juice!!!

Themyst
June 11th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I'm a big soda drinker - it's extra good because I buy mine from Canada (made with sugar and not high fructose corn syrup).

I drink two cups of Twinings English Breakfast tea in the morning, and throughout the day I am trying to lay off the soda so much and drink weak lemonade. I'm down to only one to two soda's a day now. I've been working out hard every day and have started drinking Dasani Lemon Water during and after my workouts, although I don't like the idea of artificial sweeteners. At least I'm getting some water into my system now.:o

catfish
June 12th, 2009, 12:21 AM
I drink a lot of apple juice, a whole lot...I have come close to calling the president to report a state of emergency if I run out of apple juice:D I just need that stuff:o Second drink of choice would be water, or milk. I love milk. I also drink sweet tea, probably more than I should, but most restaurants don't carry apple juice :rolleyes:

Cinnamon Hair
June 12th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Until recently I was a canned soft drink person nearly 100% of the time. Be it Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, or Vanilla Coke (my favorite), along with the occasional Grape Crush or Orange Crush soda.

Since I have been trying to lose weight and improve my skin I started drinking bottled water with those cherry Koolaid packages you can buy to put in them. That and 1 or 2 Diet Cokes per day, with the rare Vanilla or Regular Coke is all I drink.

No clue whether it has any effect on my hair. I would guess not.

tarn
June 12th, 2009, 01:31 AM
I drink rooibos tea and water. Although if I am out I love my coke! (Doh!)
I have recently heard that the rooibos may be a good rinse to help aid hair growth so maybe I should add a cup to my shower too?

jera
June 12th, 2009, 01:31 AM
I don't think of it for hair health, but I guess overall health contributes to hair health.

Anyways, I mostly drink water. I don't like keeping soda or juice around the house, but on occasion I'll buy some. I have at least 1 cup of caffeinated tea or coffee each morning. When my stomach feels wonky, like now, I'll have some ginger tea with a little milk and cinnamon. I also love herbal teas. I'll go through fads where I'll drink one kind for a month. My most recent kick was mint with cardamonn pods. Hrm, I'll bet cardamonn would be good in my ginger tea... Some teas I have milk with, some I don't, but I don't normally just drink a big glass of milk.

Yeah, your routine is similar to mine. I'll have to try mint with cardomon pods. That sounds yummy. :p There's no soda that I would ever drink. Unhealthy sugary stuff. :( We only keep it for company.

Finoriel
June 12th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Interesting question... it was fascinating to read about all the different habits.
I myself have to force myself to drink anything. I´m never thirsty, even if I did not drink anything for a whole day, so I´m always struggling to drink enough. Easiest way is by ´routines´ like never eat something without drinking two cups/glasses to the meal, plus a big bottle of water during the day.
Every day staples are tapwater, tea (mostly herb, green and black, rooibos), milk, coffee. Fruit juices are luxury :wink: I like them, but rarely buy them... mostly because I happen to like the exotic and expensive ones and for some odd reason dislike applejuice or pearjuice *shudder*. I almost never drink soft drinks - too sweet, too much bubbles.
I barely drink alcohol, :p that´s what on call duty 24/7/365 does to my so called ´free time´, on the rare occasions it´s mostly beer, sometimes cider or selfmade fruit-wines.

AnnaMarie
June 12th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Lots and lots of tea, coffee on work day mornings, and sadly not enough water, but I'm working on it!:o

florenonite
June 12th, 2009, 07:26 AM
I forgot: I drink lots of squash/diluting juice when I'm at uni, though unfortunately I can't find it here :( I also drink beer, wine, cider and other alcohol on occasion (between once a month and a couple times a week), which is very dehydrating, but tasty :D

Tap Dancer
June 12th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I drink mostly water. I'll get it at restaurants if it's good (some places the water is gross and I'll have soda/iced tea).

I don't like the water at Burger King and Pizza Hut, so I carry my own bottle of water to those places. ;) I order water at other restaurants. My "purse" is a small tote bag, so I always have some water with me. I sip it as I walk through stores.

JamieRose
June 12th, 2009, 08:17 AM
3-4 cups of green tea a day, tons of water, skim milk, sometimes soy milk, and sometimes I indulge in some ovaltine. I don't know if this affects my hair health that much... but I hope so!

demitasse
June 12th, 2009, 08:17 AM
It's a little weird but I don't really like the taste of water. I mix in a little juice to give it flavor. Other than that, milk, coffee, green tea, and juice. No soda, no alcohol. I tend to drink a lot. I'll have a cup of tea or a glass of milk for a snack rather than eating.

neon-dream
June 12th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Green tea and water mostly, but I eat a lot of fruit so the juices from that might count :D!

NiAosSi
June 12th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I drink a lot of water, tea (mostly chai, other spiced teas, and rooibos), a mixture of pomegranate, cranberry and water.

irreverent
June 12th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Yep. Coffee in the morning (and sometimes after...:D) Ice water ALL DAY LONG (I work in a call centre), iced tea or herbal tea. diet soda (diet pepsi or diet A&W) as a treat.

I went to the convenience store down the street and bought one of their refillable 44 floz mugs meant for the fountain sodas :p, and I drink about 1&1/2 of those full of water every day whilst at work.

Gothic Lolita
June 12th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I drink water, tea and in the morning a bit of coffee. I'm ashamed to say that we always have diet coke in the fridge and I love to drink it. But now I drink way less of it than maybe two years ago, because I'm afraid that my stomach doesn'T like it very much is large doses.

Deimos
June 12th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I mainly drink water because I'm too lazy to fetch anything from the kitchen and my waterbottle is usually near me :P In the winter I drink more tea because it is warm.
Also: coffee, tea, diet coke and the home made smoothies.

rags
June 12th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I drink water and I use rice milk on cereal. That's it. Nothing else. Not for my hair, but because I have an extremely limited diet due to medical reasons. And I drink lots of water! I keep a bottle beside me at all times.

Zindell
June 12th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Pretty much these four drinks:

- Water
- Green Tea
- Black Tea
- Red Wine

Every now and then I'll have some fresh fruit/berry juice too :)
(100% fruit/berries)

JamieLeigh
June 12th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I think I drink water and green tea in equal amounts. I also love Mountain Dew and I love coffee...which is unfortunate because caffeine can slow down hair growth. :(

Sarah4983
June 12th, 2009, 12:25 PM
two cups of coffee in the morning, water throughout the day, sometimes diet soda for lunch, and every once in a while a rum & coke at night.

I suddenly feel unhealthy :(

Hay22
June 12th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Water, water, water, and the occasional soda. The sodas happen maybe once per week, followed by an extreme feeling of guilt because I've been trying to completely give them up for ages.

On a totally different note (sorry for jacking the thread), the past 4 or 5 times I've ordered a soda, the conversation has gone as follows:

Me: "I'd like a Coke, please."
Waitperson: "Okay, one Diet Coke."

What's up with that?

RoseRedDead
June 12th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Water. At least a gallon a day. One cup of strong, black coffee in the morning. A diet Dr. Pepper is a rare treat for me (my favourite soda). Once I had a soda water with a splash of 100% cranberry juice in it - quite good, but I haven't had it since.

TruestBeauty
June 12th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I'd have to say 9/10 I drink water, room temperature (cold in the summer). Lately I've been drinking pure spearmint tea (2-3 cups a day), which I must say has miraculously cleared up my skin, improved my dandruff problem, AND has considerably slowed down (but not stopped) unwanted hair growth. I tried it for the hair growth issue, but was pleasantly surprised when I noticed the other effects in less than a week! If you drink it, make sure it's PURE spearmint tea with no other herbs/teas mixed in it. Now brand and Alvita brand sell a good one. I purchased it on iherb with a $5 coupon (SET474) which I don't think expires, but you can only use it on the first order, because I tried to use it again and of course I couldn't. :rolleyes:

ChrissieM
June 12th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I'm trying to be better at drinking water....when it's not hot out, I'm not really that thristy, and I just drink coffee all day. I've been dragging a water bottlw around with me lately so I can drink at least 2 liters a day. I can't give up the coffee habit, though. I also drink ginger ale (occasionally with bourbon added), beer, unsweetened iced tea, milk, and juice.

Ryanne
June 12th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Water, milk, tea and lots of Ice Tea light.

florenonite
June 12th, 2009, 06:07 PM
On a totally different note (sorry for jacking the thread), the past 4 or 5 times I've ordered a soda, the conversation has gone as follows:

What's up with that?

Wow, that's just weird. If you wanted a Diet Coke, surely you'd ask for one! I know a guy who flat-out refuses to drink Diet Coke (he drinks a carpload of ordinary Coke and Pepsi) because he says it's vile. I can just imagine him getting a Diet Coke when he asked for a Coke and throwing a fit :o

joyellen
June 12th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I drink a ton of water. It seems like I can't get enough of the stuff. I also love tea, hot or cold.

WelshLocks
June 12th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I am hopelessly addicted to chocolate milk.

hennaphile
June 12th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I think I drink water and green tea in equal amounts. I also love Mountain Dew and I love coffee...which is unfortunate because caffeine can slow down hair growth. :(

WHA?????????

uh oh. But it's good for headaches, happy, and appearantly lowering some cancer risks :o, which totally justifies it.......

*sips mocha shake*

hennaphile
June 12th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I am hopelessly addicted to chocolate milk.

oh man, ya:cheese: There's a local chocolate milk-ery that makes divine milk... I use it to make chocolate pudding pie. It's trascendentally good!

Marika
June 13th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I drink lots of water. I get dehydrated (nausea, headaches) very easily so I don't really have a choice. I also have periods in my life when I drink gallons of diet sodas which is really bad. They are definitely addictive... I don't drink coffee at all, alcohol very rarely and juices or tea once in a while.

free_hug
June 13th, 2009, 10:00 AM
ummm, loads of beer (you know, full of vitamin b), and not just a little bit of wine, and different kinds of shots. o yes, and tons of water the following day :D okay, i'm certainly not the right drinking habit role model for anyone...

Phalaenopsis
June 13th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Water and ginger tea! Ginger is good for the blood circulation :)

Themyst
June 13th, 2009, 10:17 AM
ummm, loads of beer (you know, full of vitamin b), and not just a little bit of wine, and different kinds of shots. o yes, and tons of water the following day :D okay, i'm certainly not the right drinking habit role model for anyone...

But hey! Beer is good for hair - does anyone remember Body On Tap shampoo? :)

UncommonTart
June 13th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Water, water, water, and the occasional soda. The sodas happen maybe once per week, followed by an extreme feeling of guilt because I've been trying to completely give them up for ages.

What's up with that?

Ooh, that's awful. It's happened to me a few times, but without the waitperson saying anything first. I order regular Coke and they just bring me Diet Coke. I've been known to pitch a bit of a fit about it because diet drinks give me migraines. Artificial sweeteners- particularly but not exclusively aspartame- are a major trigger for me, and it doesn't take much of the stuff to do it.

At home, I drink coffee, tea, herbal tea, unsweetened juice (especially citrus juices or vegetable blends) and lots and lots of seltzer. You know, the unsweetened, very lightly flavored, nothing in it, no calories, carbonated water. (Not to be confused with "diet flavored waters" Ick.) Our local tap water leaves a lot to be desired in the area of taste, but a glass of icy cold mandarin-orange seltzer... yum.

At restaurants, I usually order unsweetened tea, but sometimes I just crave a soda.

ETA: Oh, yes, and the oiccasional beer. Guinness is good for you! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3266819.stm) Vitamin B! Antioxidants!

And I do like a gimlet or a dry martini, especially in hot weather. Not good for my hair, it's true. Unless perhaps you consider that relaxation is healthy, and an occasional martini before dinner is relaxing... Yes, I'm reaching, I know.

MuzicalH3rb
June 13th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Water, Tea, Milk

LittleOrca
June 13th, 2009, 11:46 PM
I don't like to drink water, so I drink a lot of ice tea. I also have a bad habit of guzzling down soda like it's going out of style. :D