PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Updo?

LaurelSpring
June 11th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I was fiddling around with the computer last weekend and realized that my hair got caught under my hand and I accidentally pulled out several. Ouch! That was a my hair is getting long moment.

Anyway I was thinking about a video clip a friend sent me and I decided to try it out but altered it a bit and came up with a really cute updo. I need to take a picture but here is what I did. Its really simple and actually held well.

I made a pony and left some of the tail out of the last pull through. I wrapped the bit of tail around the base and tucked it under. Then I took the poufed out pony part and pushed it against my head and secured it with a stick by waving it in and out. I really loved the way it looked! It made my hair look really full.

Roseate
June 11th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Your description sounds similar to the Cheater's Hairstick Bun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=25145&highlight=cheater%27s+hairstick) (which I love). I'd be interested in a picture!

LaurelSpring
June 11th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Yes, thats just about it. The only difference was that I didnt part it and put the parts to either side of the base. I pushed the whole pony part up over the base and put the stick at the top of that. It fammed out into a nice full looking bun with the stick at the very top.

This one looks good too. I will have to try it that way also.