PDA

View Full Version : Style needed for interpretive dance this weekend!

Curlsgirl
June 11th, 2009, 06:15 AM
We are doing an "interpretive worship dance" this Sunday at church to a really pretty praise and worship song. I have never done this before and have been practicing really hard. I need a style that will be good for this, not fussy or elaborate but pretty. Any ideas? Oh I can't wear it down or a half up but anything else is okay.

Fencai
June 11th, 2009, 06:24 AM
how about a braided sock bun that has accent braids from the sides of your head back to the bun?

Curlsgirl
June 11th, 2009, 08:25 PM
how about a braided sock bun that has accent braids from the sides of your head back to the bun?

Hmmmmm. Sounds pretty! Directions?

Any more suggestions?

Roseate
June 11th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Oh, what about CinnamonCurls' "Lollypop bun" (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=27288)? It's really pretty, and she used it as a bun for ballet, so it's been road-tested for serious dancing!

Medievalhair
June 11th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Or a french braided bun or a double french braids into a bun. Both work well for dancing and are very secure.

Gothic Lolita
June 12th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Buns don't hold all that well for me, when I'm dancing, so I'd suggest a Dutch/French braid. I love the look of them, to most people they look deadly complicated and they're very secure so you wouldn't need to worry about tangles later.