PDA

View Full Version : Garlic oil beautiful hair but ugly smell

pearl shine
April 9th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Hello,
i have used garlic oil several times on my hair. There is no oil that gives shine and healthy looking hair like that.

However, a major problem. The horrible smell remains on the hair.

What can i mix with garlic oil in order to prevent that ugly smell?

Can the lavender oil be alternative?

waitin for help :confused:

TheHippieChick
April 9th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Take the Garlic internally. Same results-no smell. I take 2 capsules a day, not only is my hair super shiney, but so is my skin.

spidermom
April 9th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Is your garlic oil actually garlic in a carrier oil? The last time I had garlic oil, it was garlic in olive oil. If that's the case with yours, just get the oil without the garlic in it.

Delilah
April 9th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Is it garlic oil out of capsules, or is it a golden oil in a large bottle? The latter would sugges it is olive oil with garlic. If so- get pure olive oil and scent it how you want, it is wonderful for hair.

If it is really garlic oil, that stuff must be pungent. I have no doubt it's great for your hair
considering the many benefits of garlic but that stuff does smell strongly, I'm not sure anything could cut that.

Eirinn
April 27th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Coffee is known to remove strong scents, I could mix 2 TBS of instant coffee with 1 TBS of boiling water and add to that oil. But remember that coffee tends to darken hair, so I don't know how would this affect on blonde. Just an idea...

jera
April 27th, 2008, 04:40 PM
The Vermont Country Store sells odorless Garlic shampoo and conditioner. I have never tried this, but if you like what garlic can do for your hair, you might want to consider using this alternative garlic treatment.

Good Luck. :D