PDA

View Full Version : If you could choose....

chelssix
June 10th, 2009, 03:52 PM
If you could choose anything to have your hair compared to, what would it be? A fairtytale princess's hair? A waterfall? A sheet of silk?

longhairedfairy
June 10th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Silk threads.:)
ETA: Someone did actually tell me in college that I had fairy tale princess hair.:D

viking_quest
June 10th, 2009, 04:59 PM
As long as it's something nice then I don't mind any comparison.

Nes
June 10th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Hmm... thats an interesting question.

Any of the above would please me no end!

I have a mini obsessions with how my hair feels. I don't mind too much how it looks as long as it feels soft soft soft. So having it compared to a rabbit or something would be nice because they are soooo super soft!

Nes x

chelssix
June 10th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I think I would want my hair compared to a Greek goddess, because it sounds strong and beautiful!
But really, any thing nice would make me a happy camper.

MandaMom2Three
June 10th, 2009, 07:41 PM
A cascading waterfall of silk :o

goodluckcharm
June 10th, 2009, 08:29 PM
When I was about 13 (and wearing hip length hair) I was told that I had Ariel's Little Mermaid hair. That was pretty amazing.

I'll also second the vote for Greek Goddess hair!

fishwich
June 10th, 2009, 09:01 PM
A lahar.

No, seriously. A lahar is miles long, really hot, and if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, it'll $%!#$% kill you!

Alia
June 10th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I'm not sure :hmm:...there is that superheroine masses of gravity defiant hair look, or the unreal gloss of the Pantene commercial ladies.

ladylibra
June 10th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I've been told my hair was like a soft fluffy cloud... Made me grin from ear to ear. =)

s_tresses
June 10th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I'm not sure :hmm:...there is that superheroine masses of gravity defiant hair look, or the unreal gloss of the Pantene commercial ladies.

LOL I'd go with the Pantene commercial ladies.

jera
June 11th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Hah ! I'd love to be told I had hair like a shieldmaiden of Rohan. :D

Aditi
June 11th, 2009, 03:36 AM
I will prefer silk but princess hair will also do just as well for me :)

didrash
June 11th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Black silk would be nice... Though my hair is very dark brown, not exactly black. I wish it were very, veery black...

Aditi
June 11th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Black silk would be nice... Though my hair is very dark brown, not exactly black. I wish it were very, veery black...
Hey i wish the same too.....for my hair that is :D

enfys
June 11th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Hmm. The mermaid comment I got once was pretty awesome, but I'd like to hear that I had hair like a Pre-Raphaelite.

Tap Dancer
June 11th, 2009, 05:29 AM
I'd like people to think my hair looks like a fairytail princess' and feels like a sheet of silk. ;)

Maelyssa
June 11th, 2009, 05:37 AM
A cascading waterfall of silk :o

Ok I absolutely have to agree with this one! To me that implies that it looks both beautiful, long & soft. Love it!

Curlsgirl
June 11th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Oh I love the fairytale princess hair thing! :love: But I'd take any of the above! I doubt anyone would use "silk" to describe mine since it's wurly but I did have a little boy feel it the other day and say oooooooooo it's soft! :D

Pixna
June 11th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Hmm -- a waterfall (a real big one) would make me quite happy! :redgrin:

JamieLeigh
June 12th, 2009, 10:38 AM
I've heard princess-hair and Rapunzel lots...but really anything as long as it's complimentary, I'll accept it graciously. lol. :D

Xandergrammy
June 12th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I'd really love to have waterfall-of-silk kind of hair, but I'm closer to fairy princess, so I'll take it. :gabigrin:

Katurday
June 12th, 2009, 11:11 AM
When I had really long hair, some boy said it
looked like "home" to him.
Best hair compliment ever, and thats what I'm
trying to achieve. Soft, warm, shiny, nice smelling...
Home.

GoddesJourney
June 12th, 2009, 12:27 PM

For the record, I knew a girl with hip length hair that washed more or less daily with Pantene... it really did look like the commercials. She had a slightly wavy, medium brown, M/iii thing going and it was gorgeous.

As for me, I had my hair compared to a waterfall once. It cracked me up because it was up and I had been working out so pieces had fallen out and that's what they were refering to. I had a boyfriend tell me I had the body of a greek statue once and I'll never forget it. I think I'm shooting for the waterfall thing. My hair is to thick/coarse for the silk thing, but sometimes I get enough volume to look pretty nice. I'm looking for waist/TB, keeps your shoulders and back warm, cascading hair that looks like an entity on it's own, like it should have a name or something (like the girls in the Disney cartoons). Ahh, the day I can name my hair....:D

MuzicalH3rb
June 13th, 2009, 11:47 PM
A fairytale princess's hair.

hennaphile
June 14th, 2009, 02:08 AM
My old hair, not this pathetic thin string :(

Feye
June 14th, 2009, 02:29 AM
I once read a fairytale about a princess with hair that shone of both both gold and silver. I've always thought that it's such a beautiful description. It sounds much more attractive than the princess who had gold rings falling out of her mouth whenever she laughed ;) I always thought that must have been a nuisance, could chip your teeth if she's not careful etc. :lol:

akka naeda
June 14th, 2009, 04:14 AM
A lahar.

No, seriously. A lahar is miles long, really hot, and if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, it'll $%!#$% kill you!

Seriously? It's a boiling mud flow. I'd not like my hair compared to that. If it was red, then lava would be OK, but not a lahar. Yes, I did volcanology.

I apparently have Rapunzel hair, and have been told so on several occasions, by people who have only ever seen it in a plait down my back.

free_hug
June 14th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Well, i hope that as soon as i don't look like a pixie, people will start comparing me to an elf :D luckily enough, they did when i had longer hair.

http://images.elfwood.com/art/v/a/vanacker/blonde_elf_girl_sm.jpg
(with due respect to the artist: artwork of Rebecca J VanAcker, from http://www.elfwood.com)

free_hug
June 14th, 2009, 05:57 AM
oh one more thing: i have (and i'm sure many of you similarly have) those reeeeally shaggy mornings, with uncontrollable waves all around. on those mornings i totally like being referred to as a medusa :)
partly b/c a friend of mine told me, he used to believe that medusas were beautiful women. he thought so because he knew they trun people into stone, and whenever he looked at a really attractive woman he could feel he starts turning into stone :D

swanns
June 14th, 2009, 07:19 AM
My friends used to call my hair The Poodle back in high school when it was short and poofy, I actually kind of liked it :p And I've been told I have Pocahontas hair, which I don't quite get since hers was super straight whereas mine is curly/wavy.

I wouldn't mind if being compared to anything nice. I think I'd be most pleased with the fairytale princess/elf comment though :) Although the elf one is quite unlikely since my hair's nothing like silk. Oh well.

jel
June 14th, 2009, 02:18 PM
A silky waterfall would be nice...

I've been told my hair looked like liquid fire, and that I had Goddess hair, which were not bad either! :D