PDA

View Full Version : I'm still fading.....somewhat?? come see

redneckprincess
June 10th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I got some more pictures of my still fading hair color, I stopped shampooing so much and now im down to 2 shampoos per shower and showers daily or every other day, I know it wont happen overnight but it might happen over the summer....come check out my color fading pics, and feel free to comment I love to hear what you all think about it, good or bad, just no personal attacking!!!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=3201

UPDATE JUNE 10, 2009 : 6 or7 more update pics (look at the dates) please check them out again, its almost gone (according to the ones without flash, which is more like what I see when i look in the mirror

redneckprincess
June 10th, 2009, 12:11 PM
ok well i guess no one is THAT bored lol ok well there up if you decide you want to see.....nothing magical just orangy/yellowish/coppery colored hair

spidermom
June 10th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I think it's continuing to fade. I like the purple (even though you say that is not color accurate). I want to go buy some purple Manic Panic, except that I did commit myself to staying natural, so natural I shall remain.

redneckprincess
June 10th, 2009, 01:37 PM
yeah I dont know why it shows up purple its red Vampire red to be exact, it must be my camera flash...thanks though ♥

Unofficial_Rose
June 10th, 2009, 02:23 PM
The in-between red and blonde fade pics remind me of a tequila sunrise. Rather nice, I think.

magpielaura
June 10th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I quite like the colours and the graduation between them - though I understand you wanting to fade it out. I wish there was a way to go wild colours and change back as soon as you want without damage! I would definately have blue or multicolored hair sometimes if you could...

Do you think the underlayers are fading more slowly because they don't get as much sunlight?

Silver & Gold
June 10th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I'm amazed and rather delighted that you are able to stick with the fading. I have trouble having that much patience which was how I fried my hair with highlights. I was trying to blend that demarkation line. But the pictures are actually quite interesting. Your head reminds me of a candle flame. I think if you wear it like you meant to do it, then you'll have a 'fashion statement'.

Thanks for sharing. I think it will continue to fade with time. Funny how some hair holds the color and other doesn't. But my guess is that the hair that isn't holding the color is more damaged and the cuticle stays open more and releases the color. The hair that's won't let go of the color is probably in better shape and so the cuticle is staying closed and holding that color nice and tight. At least that's my theory.

jera
June 10th, 2009, 03:38 PM
yeah I dont know why it shows up purple its red Vampire red to be exact, it must be my camera flash...thanks though ♥

It looks almost plum, purple / brownish on my browser. Maybe it's me? :confused: It doesn't look Vampire Red, but what color was your original shade underneath? I could be the low lights in your bathroom too. :rolleyes: It's hard to tell from here. Sorry if this isn't very helpful. :o

paper
June 11th, 2009, 06:36 AM
wow, that dye has faded alot. What are you doing to help it fade?

redneckprincess
June 11th, 2009, 08:06 AM
The in-between red and blonde fade pics remind me of a tequila sunrise. Rather nice, I think.
lol, I have been told that before

I quite like the colours and the graduation between them - though I understand you wanting to fade it out. I wish there was a way to go wild colours and change back as soon as you want without damage! I would definately have blue or multicolored hair sometimes if you could...

Do you think the underlayers are fading more slowly because they don't get as much sunlight?

I like it too im just ready for it to be gone, and could be how the sunlight hits it or how i wash it, ive been seperating my hair down the middle and starting to wash there first

wow, that dye has faded alot. What are you doing to help it fade?
Thank you and just oils, and shampoo, and paitence, nothing drastic!!

Everyone else I didnt quote thank you im rather proud of myself for continuing to let it fade naturally and with time im usually a right now kinda girl, but im trying to get away from that, lol Thanks again ♥

redneckprincess
June 17th, 2009, 01:09 PM
BUMPING my post so I dont have to make another one, for an update, update is in blue on origional post..