PDA

View Full Version : words of ADVICE from a longhaired little girl (aged 9)

redneckprincess
June 10th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I was at my DS9 school today for his last day of 4th grade, when I noticed one of his classmates waist+ leingth hair and said to her "{insert child name here} your hair is beautiful and so long, what do you use to make it grow so fast" and the child replied with a very confused look on her face :confused: "ummmm, paitence I guess"
I then had nothing to reply to that and I told her, "{name} that was a perfect answer, just perfect, thank you " ♥

And that was all I just personally thought that was great, and had to share....heres me trying to find where to purchase paitence so my hair will grow faster, lol" {I know you cant purchase it, im being SARCASTIC :D}

wackyredtangles
June 10th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I love hearing little kids opinions on everything. They haven't learned to view the world through the lens that most of us take for granted, and its very refreshing. I'm sure the girls parents must help too, so kudos to them.

brok3nwings
June 10th, 2009, 08:30 AM
children are just great! And they tend to tell things with a simplicity that most of us cant. Many of us really want to have long hair but dont really want to wait... and some of the beauty of having long hair is on the process. :) WE WILL BE PACIENT!

natt i nord
June 10th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Wise girl, I think :D

Debra83
June 10th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Cool!!! I'm still trying to help it though with routine and vitamins!

spidermom
June 10th, 2009, 09:04 AM
That is amazingly wise for 9 years old, an age group not known for patience.

redneckprincess
June 10th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I know, right, lol:cheese:

ratgirldjh
June 10th, 2009, 09:34 AM
It can be so amazing what kids have to say about things. They are so unjaded!
I have often asked my nieces and nephews for advice on things that I may be making too complicated - and lots of times their advice has been very eye opening!

We tend to forget these simple ways to look at things the older and more jaded we get and the more complicated our lives become ;)

misstwist
June 10th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I see possibilities for a hair growth serum called Patience.

MoonMaiden90
June 10th, 2009, 11:21 AM
From the mouths of babes!

Don't you just love kids???

Kiraela
June 10th, 2009, 11:38 AM
That is a really good answer! Smart little girl.

Cinnamon Hair
June 10th, 2009, 01:48 PM
What a smart girl! Thanks for sharing, that was a sweet story.

ReddishRocks
June 10th, 2009, 01:50 PM

I teach fourth grade (9-10 year olds), and they DO come up with some pretty smart stuff when given the chance! We have quite a few girls with amazingly long hair, and whenever I ask about it, they shrug and tell me all the horrible things that have happened to their hair, LOL! They can't resist a good horror story. :D

LittleOrca
June 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I hope she keeps her hair into adulthood! I know when I chopped mine off from classic to bob in 1st grade (When 30 inches is classic! lol) I was happy at first, but I really missed it later.