PDA

View Full Version : Finally Getting Hair Typed! Help?

Farina
June 9th, 2009, 10:59 PM
So I finally did this right. freshly washed uncombed untouched air dried hair. What the heck am I? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=3255)

SpecialKitty
June 9th, 2009, 11:05 PM
1c or 2a I'd say. Pretty hair!

Farina
June 9th, 2009, 11:10 PM
thank you for your input and your compliment. I don't really like my hair like this... I tend to go for the braid waves.... my hair is so frizzy when it air dries :-\

LutraLutra
June 10th, 2009, 02:05 AM
I think you're way more curly than that - I'd say 2a/2b

"2a - loose, stretched out S-waves throughout the hair
2b - shorter, more distinct S-waves (similar to waves from braiding damp hair)"

Heavenly Locks
June 10th, 2009, 02:37 AM
I agree with LutraLutra :) 2a/2b WAVY baby! :disco:

GlassEyes
June 10th, 2009, 05:21 AM
I was going to say 2a, but I think the others might eb right. 2a/2b, maybe a solid 2a as it gets longer.

Edit: Also, is your name from Fire Emblem? :D

Farina
June 10th, 2009, 08:33 AM
wow I'm happy that I have strong waves... growing up i always thought my hair was crazy looking lol.

Glasseyes my username is actually my last name... lol it means flour in italian :)

Katze
June 10th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I would say 2c, because of the ringlets you have going on. Maybe 2b, but I find the description of "s" or "c" waves often misleading as a description of hair types. I have spirals, but few Ss, and consider myself 2a most days.

However, there are clear S forms throughout your hair, so curlier than 2a!

spidermom
June 10th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I see spirals too, but the top is more straight than wavy. It looks like you are a combination of 1C/2C. haha; I don't think we have that choice.

wackyredtangles
June 10th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I'm not good at the hairtyping thing at all, so I don't really know (sorry!). I did want to add that with your hair that wavy you should probably use a comb, and not a brush. Whenever I brush my hair, even when wet, it turns into a big frizzy mess. Not so much when I comb. I have one of those combs that has 4-5 big thick teeth, and that works on my hair.

GlassEyes
June 10th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I see spirals too, but the top is more straight than wavy. It looks like you are a combination of 1C/2C. haha; I don't think we have that choice.

Not here, anyway. xD NC has ones like that.

Farina
June 10th, 2009, 11:35 AM
lol I'm a combo that doesn't exist?