PDA

View Full Version : Blogs - 'Rate this Entry' feature

Siamese
March 9th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I can imagine you're all crazy busy (and a BIG thank you) but just a quick question, I hope.

Is there an option to turn off the 'Rate this Entry' blog feature, please? Entries can be quite personal and I really am not comfortable with others 'rating' my life experiences, which could possibly include relationship and medical issues along with hair care.

Thanks.

Dianyla
March 9th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Is there an option to turn off the 'Rate this Entry' blog feature, please? Entries can be quite personal and I really am not comfortable with others 'rating' my life experiences, which could possibly include relationship and medical issues along with hair care.
We'll look into it and let you know. I can see how it would be problematic.

Dianyla
March 9th, 2008, 09:36 AM
We discussed this and agreed that there's not much use for the Blog Rating feature.

It is currently configured in a way that renders it useless. Annoyingly, you will still see the "Rate Entry" and other links, and the system will even let you click on them and vote. It just won't do anything.

aisling
March 9th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Ohh, that's great! I was actually thinking about asking people not to rate my blog entries, now I don't have to do that.

Amoretti
March 9th, 2008, 10:37 AM
That's a relief. LOL.

Carolyn
March 9th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Good deal! I could see this becoming like the "Slam Books" from my high school years. Yikes!

TammySue
March 9th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Good to know, thanks!

ladiosaRosa
March 9th, 2008, 12:40 PM
We discussed this and agreed that there's not much use for the Blog Rating feature.

It is currently configured in a way that renders it useless. Annoyingly, you will still see the "Rate Entry" and other links, and the system will even let you click on them and vote. It just won't do anything.

I'm so happy to hear this! Thank you, thank you. Great decision.

And, thank you for bringing this up, Siamese.

Siamese
March 10th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Dianyla thank you so very kindly for looking into this. It's very much appreciated.

And, thank you for bringing this up, Siamese.

You're very welcome, ladiosaRosa.