PDA

View Full Version : APL - Search and destroy splits question

janeytilllie
June 9th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Hi everyone :waving:

Just a quick question to people who are APL or have been APL. :)

I am now back to APL. Before APL I would S+D every night to rid of split ends, my hair tends to split easily.

But now my hair is too short and I知 finding S+D really difficult and my eyes hurt trying to focus so close! :wail:

So I知 confused what I should do? Is it possible to S+D in an easier way or should I do little trims every 4 months?:confused:

I知 worried that trimming will lose whatever growth I did in the 4 months.

Thank you everyone :D

spidermom
June 9th, 2009, 05:14 PM
You could let it grow until it's long enough to see the ends more easily. Or you could get small trims on a regular basis. For example, if your hair grows 1/2-inch per month and you get 1/2 inch trimmed off every 4 months, you will still gain 1-1/2 inches in length.

goodluckcharm
June 9th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I have the same problem. I have given up on S&D until my hair is longer. I'm trying to go as long as possible between trims instead of setting a time frame. When I notice I'm getting a ton of splits, I'll get a trim. I'll try S&D when I can actually see all of my ends, haha.

Arctic
June 9th, 2009, 05:44 PM
You could try doing it in front of the mirror.

I just pull the hairs in front of me, it doesn't bother my eyes.

I am also trimming regularly, but most of the damage I S&D are not at the hemline but in the length.

janeytilllie
June 9th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Thank you spidermom, goodluckcharm and Artic I will give all your suggestions a try :D Thanks again!