PDA

View Full Version : this am and burnt a section off.

Speckla
June 9th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Yep, I tried to save time and use a roundbrush and blowdryer on soaking wet hair. Highheat + same spot on hair = steaming/smoking hair and a big chunk fell off. I cut some off tonight and save them somewhat. My bangs no longer stretch to my nose but it's better than the hack job I wanted to do this morning. My color has also settled down into this. It's purplish outside and burgandy/reddish inside.

http://images49.fotki.com/v1502/photos/7/1199357/7616919/Picture147-vi.jpg

Speckla
June 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM
hhhmmmm...1/2 the title is missing?? Oh well, I know it's not an interesting subject. I'm just bored and not too much going on here tonight.

JamieLeigh
June 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Ouch!! I hope you didn't hurt yourself! :(

teela1978
June 9th, 2009, 06:58 PM
It just fell off? Wow. Must be some blowdryer :shudder:

Speckla
June 9th, 2009, 07:03 PM
It just fell off? Wow. Must be some blowdryer :shudder:

Yep, just fell off. I had the heat setting on high, it was too close to my hair, and I kept going over the same spot. The smell of burnt hair is not very pleasant. I didn't use a heat protectant either. I managed to go one full year without heat or color and geeze....look what I've done. :rolleyes: I think I will leave my hair alone now.

Alia
June 9th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Wow. This gives new meaning to 'blow fryer'. :bigeyes: I hope you didn't get burned!

Speckla
June 9th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Wow. This gives new meaning to 'blow fryer'. :bigeyes: I hope you didn't get burned!

Just a red spot on my forehead. I grabbed a pair of scissors and was prepared to cut my bangs straight across and they would have been maybe 1" long...but I just trimmed off the burnt piece and put my bangs into a poof. Thank goodness I look ok with one...I totally felt unhinged all day though. It's funny how hair can make a sane person feel like a crazed loon. I waited until I got home tonight to cut some off and make them more even. Oh my, I even thought about going and just getting a summer bob....:(

curls2grow
June 9th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I hope you didn't hurt yourself! So I am looking at your pic before I started reading and I'm thinking "Where...????" Your hair looks great still Speckla!! You did an excellent job fixing it, IMO, because I can't see any trouble spot. :flower:

Speckla
June 9th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Ok, I'm going to bed. Tomorrow is day 1 for starting over with my hair. No more heat and no more coloring. Well, no more coloring unless it's henna. I have slathered my hair full of coconut oil, put on my silk bonnet, and good night!

ReddishRocks
June 9th, 2009, 09:14 PM
*hugs* Tomorrow's a new day!

(I'm so sorry! It's got to be stressful, but I know you'll make the best of it! You've got a great attitude. :flower:)

Darkhorse1
June 9th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Gosh! I hope you're ok! Your hair looks gorgeous in the photo, so I'm not sure where it was burnt off, but I'm glad you are ok!!!

Redheaded Raven
June 10th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I am so glad that you are okay! Glad that your hair has survived too!

Tap Dancer
June 10th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Yikes, I hope you throw that thing away! :eek: I've never head of someone having a chunk of hair fall off before!