PDA

View Full Version : Another see through hair shedding rant

hennared
June 9th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hi guys..

So, I've been very distressed about my hair. I thought I'd recovered as in decreased shed rate, from my big shed of last year. Yet my shed rate climbed right back up, and it is obvious to me and even to my boyfriend (but only after me badgering him to tell me his honest opinion!) , that my hair has gotten more thin this past year :( I am fortunate that I started out with thick hair.. but now I think it is really beginning to look bad. So.. I want you guys' honest opinion, based on one photo... which I'm going to put in my profile, since I can't figure how to include it, here, of the back of my hair. It looks *so* straggly to me and see through for the entire length - I'm not even sure if a serious trim would even help, but I am thinking about it. What do you guys think?

Firefly
June 9th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I honestly don't think it looks terrible at all, Hennared. It does look a tad dry... maybe a good leave in or oiling would help with that. But otherwise, I like the shape/look and especially color of it. If you're feeling it looks see-through on the ends, a trim can definitely help with that. But I didn't really think it needed it -- it looks fairytale to me, not too thin. :)

spidermom
June 9th, 2009, 02:57 PM
To tell you the truth, it doesn't look thin to me, just uncombed and in separate clumps rather than flowing together.

Honey39
June 9th, 2009, 03:04 PM
It doesn't look thin to me at *all* - it just looks like it's spread out across your shoulders; it actually looks pretty thick, I think. Pretty hair!

Spike
June 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Mmmm . . . agree with Spidermom here. It doesn't look thin so much as it's doing what hair does, clumping and tailing in locks. (If only I could get mine to understand I want shampoo commercial hair, in one glistening sheet that flows like silk. Alas! It has no ears, so cannot listen to me.)

If the ends are driving you nutso, a trim may help make them look thicker/more coherent. Just a half-inch can work wonders.

And yes, I love the waves and color. Yum.

chelssix
June 9th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I don't think it looks thin. But, I'll echo what others have said- a trim could help "even out" the hemline, if that is what you want.
I love your waves!

hennaphile
June 9th, 2009, 04:10 PM
First I see a very pretty girl, then I see pretty hair.

hennared
June 9th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Though, believe me, I have lost a LOT of hair, this year. True, it's uncombed in that photo, but it's also as 'fluffy' as it gets all day (that photo was immediately after washing)

The thing is, I know I only know how to compare myself to myself. I don't know how to see my hair now, objectively, and it's changed a lot this past year. It helps to have your eyes to 'see'.