PDA

View Full Version : What is the most sensitive part of your scalp?

bahannas
June 9th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Title says it all. Mine is the very top of my head, near the middle of where it "slopes off." The hair that grows there is very coarse and wiry, but breaks off easily. I also notice that it grows much slower than the rest of my hair! :eek:

How about you? :D

LutraLutra
June 9th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Mine is at the top back of my head, around the point from where my hair changes from ii to iii. I've just touched it now to check if it's still sensitive, and yes it it :D. Nerve ends from where my skull fused perhaps?

spidermom
June 9th, 2009, 01:36 PM
The area that bothers me most is right at the nape of the neck/bottom rows of hair. Sometimes it gets so tender there that I can't stand the feel of my hair moving against it, but I can't stand the feel of pulling my hair up, either. Those are really bad days.

enfys
June 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM
The crown is most likely to pull or get itchy and sore, but the majority of my nerve endings are behind my ears. That's where every stray hair tickles me until I want to shave my head. Luckily kirby grips tend to be closer to hand than a razor...

Lioness
June 9th, 2009, 04:24 PM
The area that behind my ears is the most sensitive but if my scalp itches it's mostly the crown area

starla_zero
June 10th, 2009, 05:34 PM
At the back/behind my ears

Longlocks3
June 10th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Top of my scalp, especially when I wear my hair up and it pulls.

chelssix
June 10th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Just below the crown, at the back.

cobblersmaid
June 10th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Mine is right at the very top/crown, but I have a scar there, so that's different.

Alia
June 10th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Mine is most sensitive in the lower back, and the upper crown is not sensitive at all.

TessieAnn
June 10th, 2009, 10:10 PM
My scalp isn't especially sensitive anywhere. Maybe it comes from having very light-weight hair?

There are a few advantages to 1aFi hair after all, perhaps.

Heavenly Locks
June 11th, 2009, 03:01 AM
If I get pulling at my temples it can be enough to get me to tear up! If I get itchies, it's at the nape ...always.

Finoriel
June 11th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Thatīs the area where bangs would grow :wink: if I had bangs.
If an updo pulls there itīs inevitably resulting in a bad headache, so I take care that my updos always are well balanced.
Otherwise my scalp is not very sensitive.

Curlsgirl
June 11th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I tend to get pulling right in the back below the crown so not sure if that area is more sensitive or it's the way I tend to do my updos.