PDA

View Full Version : Rhassoul clay as shampoo??

Choccielocks
April 9th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Hi all,
Has anyone tried this? I found this on a website when I was searching for cheap natural shampoos (why are they so darn expensive round here?!) Let me know what you think or if you've tried it, any opinions etc as it souunds wonderful, but you know if it sounds to good to be true it usually is! :shrug:

Rhassoul Clay
This is an amazing and highly sought after clay which is a natural mineral rich clay mined from the Atlas Mountains in Morocco. As it is a natural organic mineral powder it is perfect to use to cleanse both your hair and skin. It is the high levels of mineral content that attracts the dirt, impurities and excess oils to it and then simply rinses away with warm water.

Leaving your skin and hair feeling fantastic, removing impuritities, looking amazing!

BENEFITS INCLUDE :

100% free of irritants and very kind to ALL skin types

Cleanses all skin types & hair without stripping the natural protective layers, (never removes the oils in your hair or skin or your skin's sebaceous glands, as aggressive shampoos or soaps often do.)

Ideal to use for people who find traditional soaps/cleansers irritating You will discover that this is totally different clay, being exceptionally versatile and gentle and very beneficial for all types of skin conditions including Dry as well as Oily!
Skin Types - All - Sensitive, Dry, Oily, Teenage, Acne, Flaky - ALL skin types will love & benefit !
After just 1 use you will feel a huge improvment, and certainly after a couple of uses you will see the imrpovements too!
As well as Rhassoul as a cleansing mask or rejuvenating treatment masks, it is also perfect to wash with for every day use.
USES INCLUDE:

Treatment Masks
Daily Cleanser
Body Masks
Foot Masks
Hair Cleanser (Replaces Shampoo and conditioner)

Katze
April 9th, 2008, 04:23 AM
I used it for a long time, including for my first few months at LHC. I found that it cleaned my hair well, and seemed to do my scalp well too.

BUT people here said that the individual particles of the clay are actually sharp - have sharp edges, like tiny rocks - and can further damage already-damaged hair. It did feel like it was drying - my hair got HUGE after Rhassoul washes - so I stopped using it.

I think there are still some people here who use it.

As for face masks, I prefer honey and aspirin...still have a ton of Rhassoul that I never use sitting around in the bathroom...

MadPirateBippy
April 9th, 2008, 09:47 AM
You know, I have some laying around the house, I think I'll go ahead and start washing my face with it and report back what it's like. I've been using aloe vera gel for a while to wash my face (super dry skin) and I'm breaking out a bit and having blackheads. This is a perpetual problem for me and the only thing that really seems to help is regular clay masks and asprin masks, but for day-to-day cleansing aloe's been the way to go for me.

Ursula
April 9th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I haven't tried washing my hair with clay, but I did buy a small bag of clay a while back, and use it to make face masks. The clay I bought was fuller's earth, not rhassoul. (Cheaper.) It makes a very nice mask with a bit of tap water and a couple of drops of tea tree oil.

I bought my clay through Mountain Rose Herbs.

I'd be concerned about the state of my house's plumbing, if I used clay to wash my hair. You'd need to use a lot of clay, I think. I don't know if it could build up or clog the pipes. When I do a clay mask, I generally flake off most of the clay after it is dry, and that can be brushed up and tossed in the garbage, leaving relatively little to go down the drain.

sibylla
April 9th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I like the henna/rhassoul shampoo that Urtekram makes. I use it as a gloss. In a store on my street there´s a ecologic supermarket who sells r by its weight (in big dispensers). And beside that store there´s a ecologic hairdresser who does indigo-, cassia-, henna- and rhassoul treatments. Lucky me!

Choccielocks
April 9th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I used it for a long time, including for my first few months at LHC. I found that it cleaned my hair well, and seemed to do my scalp well too.

BUT people here said that the individual particles of the clay are actually sharp - have sharp edges, like tiny rocks - and can further damage already-damaged hair. It did feel like it was drying - my hair got HUGE after Rhassoul washes - so I stopped using it.

I think there are still some people here who use it.

As for face masks, I prefer honey and aspirin...still have a ton of Rhassoul that I never use sitting around in the bathroom...
That's a good point - the reason I considered it is because it says it's mild and suitable for dry hair (maybe just a marketing ploy?!) but now you mention it when I think of powdered clay it does feel kinda gritty.

You know, I have some laying around the house, I think I'll go ahead and start washing my face with it and report back what it's like. I've been using aloe vera gel for a while to wash my face (super dry skin) and I'm breaking out a bit and having blackheads. This is a perpetual problem for me and the only thing that really seems to help is regular clay masks and asprin masks, but for day-to-day cleansing aloe's been the way to go for me.
Have you tried the oil cleansing method? I used to have breakouts and awful blackheads that never went away no matter what I did, but then started oil cleansing and my skin is no longer oily and blackheads that had been there for months suddenly disappeared!
Looking roward to hearing how you get on with the rhassoul clay!

I haven't tried washing my hair with clay, but I did buy a small bag of clay a while back, and use it to make face masks. The clay I bought was fuller's earth, not rhassoul. (Cheaper.) It makes a very nice mask with a bit of tap water and a couple of drops of tea tree oil.

I bought my clay through Mountain Rose Herbs.

I'd be concerned about the state of my house's plumbing, if I used clay to wash my hair. You'd need to use a lot of clay, I think. I don't know if it could build up or clog the pipes. When I do a clay mask, I generally flake off most of the clay after it is dry, and that can be brushed up and tossed in the garbage, leaving relatively little to go down the drain.
Thanks Ursula, didn't think about the very important issue of the plumbing!

I like the henna/rhassoul shampoo that Urtekram makes. I use it as a gloss. In a store on my street there´s a ecologic supermarket who sells r by its weight (in big dispensers). And beside that store there´s a ecologic hairdresser who does indigo-, cassia-, henna- and rhassoul treatments. Lucky me!
Wow! You really are lucky! That's another thing that attracted me to rhassoul, the fact that it's used in so many spa treatments - must be good!

Thanks everyone for your help xx

Henna Sooq
April 10th, 2008, 06:52 AM
I am one for recommending ghassoul (rhassoul clay). I regularly use it for facials, to cleanse my face at least every 2 days or once a week max. There are also different types of rhassoul, and the most common one you'll find is the herbal ghassoul meaning that one has bits and pieces in it like herbs that they mix into it in Morocco and this is the most traditional one. It can look a little bumpy, and it is good for exfoliating if let's say you are doing your face or all over your body.

It is mild, and good for dry skin as it does not take the natural oils from you. So it's not a marketing ploy. Just think of the women in Morocco and their hair texture being in northern africa. They wouldn't use something that would over dry their hair or body. It is traditionally used in the hamman, the moroccan spa for women. They use argan oil or olive oil for any extra moisturization.

The best method or easiest method I have heard being used for rhassoul in the hair is that it is done directly in the shower and lathered/rubbed in and then washed out thoroughly after being left in the hair for a bit, similar to how you would do your conditioning.

As for face, I especially like it and add a little oil once in awhile. Black seed oil is my favorite addition to ghassoul.

Silver & Gold
April 10th, 2008, 06:57 AM

I just wanted you to know that contrary to popular belief, Aloe can be quite drying. So although it can be soothing for certain skin problems, if you have dry skin it is not the best way to address the problem. Have you ever tried cleansing your face with EVOO?

My skin isn't particularly dry but neither is it oily. I suppose the best way to describe it is early in the stages of 'aging skin'. I use EVOO to cleanse and moisturize and I'm quite pleased with this. I also like adding EO to my EVOO for moisturizing.

I also suspect that EVOO would help to loosen up blackheads. Just a thought.

Lavendula
April 12th, 2008, 04:06 AM
I have used rhassoul for my hair and was pleased by the effects. I used a bit of EVOO/jojoba oil in it for extra moisture. Now I switched to shampoobars, because I missed a nice smell and the fun of lathering while washing.

I still use rhassoul as a facial cleanser/mask once in a while.

Iylivarae
April 12th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I have ready-to-use-rhassoul here (it's pretty creamy) but I can't really distribute it well, it just sticks to one place... do you have any tips?

sibylla
April 12th, 2008, 03:46 PM
My tip is that you have moist hair and that you add more water to the mix. That way it doesn´t stick. If it gets to runny then add a little honey or yogurt.

Henna Sooq
April 12th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I agree with sybilla, that is the best option to make it apply very nicely!

TheBlondeApple
June 10th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I wanted to use my Logona White Kaolin Lotus Flower Cleansing Gel (http://www.logona.com/Lavaerde/Lava_E/index.html) today. I thought you just added a bit more water to it. Well, I poured that over my scalp, thinking I'd just let it sit a bit and then rinse. But when I touched my head, my sides felt greasy, so I used a diluted shampoo over this, to not risk greasy results.

I also bought Sanoll Limette (http://www.sanoll.at/) and Sanoll rose-geranium (http://www.sanoll.at/), which are very similar, but I haven't yet tried them.

So, what does one *do*?

Anja

Celebrian
June 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I've used Rhassoul for my hair, and found it very cleansing. It did make the hair very full, and I suspect that prolonged use on damaged hair would be inadvisable.

I've also used it as a face mask - and that was very extreme! As it dried, I felt as if my face was being dragged round to the back of my head. Too strong for me - but perhaps better for those with thick/oily skin?

I found I could best handle it as a facial scrub... but saying that, I find Amla just as good - both for the face and the hair (and just a bit gentler).

swan
June 18th, 2008, 03:35 PM
i just used R clay for my hair today, and my 3B hair seems much fuller and totally clean. i don't think it necessarily damages hair because the paste was very smooth with no grit or roughness. i gently rubbed it in making sure all my scalp was covered, let it sit on my scalp and put conditioner on my length in the meantime and then rinsed everything in about 5 minutes. i'm overjoyed with the reduced rate of shed hair for a wash. if anyone thinks of a reason it may be damaging please correct me; i'd love to know :)

Henna Sooq
June 18th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I personally like it as a facial scrub (I use it at least every second day). I mix it up and just apply and wash off. I have yet to personally try it on my hair. Would love to one time. I am just waiting for my energy to come back to me :)

ppsst! even my hubby washes his face with it!

Loreyanne_H
June 19th, 2008, 03:36 AM
I REALLY have to try Rhassoul. I'm buying it from Aromazone, France. I need VOLUME!

Fethenwen
March 18th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Ok, I'm resurrecting this thread because I finally got my rhassoul to arrive in the post. But whoa, my hair didn't like it I think. It got reaaally big, and coarse and worst of all it's so static now that I'm afraid I will electrify myself when brushing. And it's also this time of the year when my hair tends to be static, but this is ridiculous. It's clean though.

So this must mean that I can't use this stuff on my hair :/ now I don't know what to do with my hair, should I invest in those washing nuts? I really don't want to get back on using shampoo.

Sia
March 18th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Perhaps you could try Rhassoul mixed with just a few drops of oil. My hair also gets incredibly coarse when I use use Rhassoul on its own. It improved slightly when I added the oil but I still find it a little too drying for my hair. I know someone who uses an egg+rhassoul paste to wash her hair. That may also be an option if you don't mind the protein..

Henna Sooq
March 18th, 2009, 07:33 AM
First I had a few questions.

What type of rhassoul did you use? The finely grinded one, like the powder, or the clay pieces? Which clay pieces, the natural or herbal one? For hair, the best type if the natural rhassoul as it washes out well and the mud is easier to deal with. But most do it directly in the shower and leave it in for a bit and then wash out in the shower towards the end of your shower.
What was your process?

If rhassoul ends up still not being the right choice for you, you can also try shikakai powder for hair cleansing and promoting hair growth, and then aritha (soapnuts) are the best for natural hair cleansing.

Amla powder is also astringent but promtoes hair growth really well, and the oil is good too.

Henna Sooq
March 18th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Sia, you're right those are very good options for a rhassoul recipe!

Fethenwen
March 18th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the quick replys.

I have the finely grinded one, and it's pure natural rhassoul. I mixed it with some water, it felt very smooth on my hair, and I didn't feel the need to use any conditioner. :P Was I wrong, now the next day I have rinsed it with ACV+honey, and it feels better.

So, I haven't totally given up on this, maybe I should use less clay, and mix it with oil or something as "Sia" pointed out.

Amla, shikakai and soapnuts sounds good too, I will put those in my list of alternatives, thanks.

Katze
March 18th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the quick replys.

I have the finely grinded one, and it's pure natural rhassoul. I mixed it with some water, it felt very smooth on my hair, and I didn't feel the need to use any conditioner. :P Was I wrong, now the next day I have rinsed it with ACV+honey, and it feels better.

It depends on the condition and type of your hair. Mine was fine and damaged, so I felt like Rhassoul might be hurting it. But I did wash exclusively with Rhassoul, using no conditioner (but light oilings) for quite a few months, and it helped my scalp problems a lot.

Sunshine69
March 18th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I washed my hair with clay for awhile. I liked what it did for my scalp and it made my hair very shiny, but it also made my hair very static-y and I was always getting shocked by the discharge every time I'd touch anything conductive.

Remy
March 19th, 2009, 08:38 AM
How about regular green clay? Has anyon tried?

Henna Sooq
March 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM
If you've only use the finely ground rhassoul, then there is a big difference between that one and the clay pieces of rhassoul. Even back in Montreal when we had a Moroccan supplier come and visit us, they recommend the finely ground rhassoul more for face. In Morocco they really only use the clay pieces for their hair. So I am still recommending you use the clay pieces for your hair.

WavyGirl
March 19th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I got some fine Rhassoul and washed with it a couple of times. The results were good but I have winter plumbing issues (ie not enough hot water to rinse properly and a very cold bathroom) so I shelved it. I was just thinking today that I was going to start using it again now the weather is getting better.

I saw a video on youtube about using it as a facial mask and the lady said you shouldn't put the actual sludgy clay on your face, but just the watery solution. The dissolved (suspended?) clay is much more fine apparently so I'm going to try that next time.

How I used it was to apply it to dry hair before showering and let it sit for maybe 5-10 minutes before rinsing. It cleaned well and I didn't feel I needed to use a conditioner when I used it although I think I would use a leave in anyway for protection.

The reason I went for Rhassoul instead of another type of clay was because they say the grains are smaller and finer than in other types.

ratgirldjh
March 19th, 2009, 01:30 PM
i have used bentonite clay and mixed it with water and also with ACV and water. i got the best results with the ACV mixed with the clay. very soft shiny full hair - but i stopped because it seemed the clay dried out my skin - and it was pretty hard to make sure i got all the clay rinsed off my hair line - seems like i was always finding clay stuck to some part of me days later... but it did work very well with the acid added.

Fethenwen
March 20th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I got some fine Rhassoul and washed with it a couple of times. The results were good but I have winter plumbing issues (ie not enough hot water to rinse properly and a very cold bathroom) so I shelved it. I was just thinking today that I was going to start using it again now the weather is getting better.

I saw a video on youtube about using it as a facial mask and the lady said you shouldn't put the actual sludgy clay on your face, but just the watery solution. The dissolved (suspended?) clay is much more fine apparently so I'm going to try that next time.

How I used it was to apply it to dry hair before showering and let it sit for maybe 5-10 minutes before rinsing. It cleaned well and I didn't feel I needed to use a conditioner when I used it although I think I would use a leave in anyway for protection.

The reason I went for Rhassoul instead of another type of clay was because they say the grains are smaller and finer than in other types.
Maybe the watery solution would be better for the hair also, I think I will give this a try today.

Remy
March 21st, 2009, 10:01 AM
Washed with green (i think French) clay after problem with oily, streaky hair after Bhringraj. It cleared the oil, but I had problems with static & manageability. Two days passed & I used Ghassoul - very positive effect, smooth hair, a bit of static, but overall - very nice.

lailmil
March 23rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
I love rhassoul for washing my hair, expecially for the feeling of my hair in the moment of the rinse:I sense it really conditioned and clean, and it's also soft

Remy
March 23rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
I've a question. I'm using ghassoul clay in the form of a powder, but I'll get it in pieces soon. How do I turn them into a liquid-ish form? Just add water? Grind?

Henna Sooq
March 23rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
Sure :) The clay pieces are really easy. Just add warm to hot water to the clay. Just like a little over the top of the layer of clay. (while it's in a bowl of course). and then it takes about 5 mins for it to absord the water, and there you have it MUD :)
Here is my recipe for it:
http://hennablogspot.com/how-to-use-ghassoul-rhassoul-for-soft-healthy-skin-and-hair/

Angharad
March 24th, 2009, 03:04 AM
I really love ghassoul; I use it for washing my hair, body and, once a week, as a facial. When I visit the the hammam I use it as a clay mask for my whole body so it can profit from the steam in the hammam and my skin gets soooo clean and soft (like you could never clean your skin in your own bathroom).

Because my hair is dry and curly I always have an oiltreatment the night before I wash my hair with ghassoul. It is more benificial and recommanded for oily hairtypes so my hair needs that little bit of oil to make it a beautiful result.

During washing (and certainly when I put on the conditioner) the hair feels a little bit weird and sticky but after rinsing and drying the hair has become more curly and it has a great feel. It cleans your hair respectfully!

These are the brands I use; Logona (internet and local health-shop): http://www.logona.com/Lavaerde/Lava_E/index.html

and Ghassoul Chorfa Al Akhdar (I buy this in Moroccan shops in my area): http://www.ghassoul.org/pages.php?lang=uk&ref=ghassoul_6_1

Monchhichi
March 24th, 2009, 05:30 AM
I use Logona White Kaolin Lotus Flower Cleansing Gel. At first I doubted, whether it would really get my hair clean, but it definitely does. The only strange thing is that it is much more difficult to comb through the hair after a wash with White Kaolin. I wash my hair once a week, no matter if I use White Kaolin or normal shampoo.

(http://www.logona.com/Lavaerde/Lava_E/index.html)

Fethenwen
March 24th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I really love ghassoul; I use it for washing my hair, body and, once a week, as a facial. When I visit the the hammam I use it as a clay mask for my whole body so it can profit from the steam in the hammam and my skin gets soooo clean and soft (like you could never clean your skin in your own bathroom).

Because my hair is dry and curly I always have an oiltreatment the night before I wash my hair with ghassoul. It is more benificial and recommanded for oily hairtypes so my hair needs that little bit of oil to make it a beautiful result.

During washing (and certainly when I put on the conditioner) the hair feels a little bit weird and sticky but after rinsing and drying the hair has become more curly and it has a great feel. It cleans your hair respectfully!

These are the brands I use; Logona (internet and local health-shop): http://www.logona.com/Lavaerde/Lava_E/index.html

and Ghassoul Chorfa Al Akhdar (I buy this in Moroccan shops in my area): http://www.ghassoul.org/pages.php?lang=uk&ref=ghassoul_6_1
Sounds like a good method. I think I will try this the next time I want more full and curly hair with ghassoul. I also have the logona.
Is that a "kotitonttu" you have in your avatar? :)

Angharad
March 24th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Hi Fethenwen!

Is "kotitonttu" Finnish for "dwarf" (actually I don't know the right word for it but dwarf or gnome is the nearest thing; in Dutch it is "kabouter" and in Swedish it is "tomten")? It is an outtake of a drawing from one of Astrid Lindgren's books that I really love:

http://www.amazon.com/Tomten-Fox-Astrid-Lindgren/dp/0698115929/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237920883&sr=1-1

I am glad you got inspired from my metod of washing with ghassoul; I hope it brings you the results you are aiming for! Please let me know if it worked for you; the Logona ghassoul is nice and has a finer feel to it than the Morrocan ghassoul that I use, so you should be doing well!!!

Has your nickname a background (is it Finnish or Celtic?); I think it is a beautifull name!

Fethenwen
March 24th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Hi Fethenwen!

Is "kotitonttu" Finnish for "dwarf" (actually I don't know the right word for it but dwarf or gnome is the nearest thing; in Dutch it is "kabouter" and in Swedish it is "tomten")? It is an outtake of a drawing from one of Astrid Lindgren's books that I really love:

http://www.amazon.com/Tomten-Fox-Astrid-Lindgren/dp/0698115929/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237920883&sr=1-1

I am glad you got inspired from my metod of washing with ghassoul; I hope it brings you the results you are aiming for! Please let me know if it worked for you; the Logona ghassoul is nice and has a finer feel to it than the Morrocan ghassoul that I use, so you should be doing well!!!

Has your nickname a background (is it Finnish or Celtic?); I think it is a beautifull name!
Yeps, I will update on my hair when I use the mud next time :)

Aaah, I thought it was from a finnish painting, it looked familiar, so I used the word tonttu, which really does mean as you said tomte :p Oh, what a lovely book, I like most of Astrid Lindgrens books, but that one I had not heard about.

Edit: and my nick is actually elvish :P I think it came from a elven name generator I used once.

Fethenwen
March 27th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Ok, after a few days of not washing I tried out this rhassoul of my again. I used a bit more clay this time, 3 teaspoons + water and now I also added a bit extra virgin olive oil. The result was much better :) I was more careful with not rubbing the mixture in my hair also, I just gently put it in my roots and let it sit there for 15 minutes.

It's clean, very full of volume, and wavy, there is not that much shine though, and it is still very very static when I try to brush it!

I now wonder if it is the air here making my hair behave like this whatever I do to it, because my skin is also more dry than usual, especially on the cheeks. It's typical early spring weather here, quite a lot of snow left and very bright sun + cold winds.

lailmil
March 28th, 2009, 10:09 AM
has someone tryed to put some amla in ghassoul mix?

Angharad
March 28th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Hi Fethenwen!

Have you done an oil treatment the night before you did the washing or did you included some oil in the rassoulpaste that you made? Did you use a conditioner after the washing of your hair and rinsed that properly?

When your (dried) hair is not shiny after you treated it with ghassoul, maybe your hair could need a last rinse with a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar (put a spoonfull in a big old shampoo bottle filled with water and give your hair a rinse; after that you can rinse your hair once more with plain water).

The static hair could be explained by the cold weather, but it could also mean, that your hair needs some time to get used to another type of washing method/product.

I have noticed for my hair, that washing with ghassoul meant that my hair needed to adapt. When I used it for the first time, my hair also responded by getting dull, dry, static and it just wasn't the way it normally was. Because I did not want to quit using it, I kept on using it and when the result wasn't like I wanted it, I just put my hair in a bun. I learned that getting an oil treatment before the washing helped getting good results for my hairtype.

Now, when I wash it with ghassoul it is instantly soft, shiny and shows no signs of being static, but that is also because my hair is now being used to be washed by herbal powders and no-cones/chemical products.

I have a book on Moroccan beauty where the writer says to use the ghassoul as a hairmask (15 minutes and rinse) before you do your usual washing/conditioning routine; I've done that once and the result was also good, but I prefer to use it as a shampoo.

lailmil
March 29th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I answer myself :p
tried a mix with
3 baby tablespoon of rhassoul
1 teaspoon of amla
1 glass of karkadè infuse
4 drops EO YlangYlang

I mixed it and putted on my hair, massaging the scalp and combing it on the lenght.I let it stay it for about 10/15 minutes under a plastic bag, then I rinsed it out always massaging the scalp
the result is absolutely great, my hair is soft and curly and all the oil (on scalp and ends) has gone away

Fethenwen
March 30th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Hi Fethenwen!

Have you done an oil treatment the night before you did the washing or did you included some oil in the rassoulpaste that you made? Did you use a conditioner after the washing of your hair and rinsed that properly?

When your (dried) hair is not shiny after you treated it with ghassoul, maybe your hair could need a last rinse with a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar (put a spoonfull in a big old shampoo bottle filled with water and give your hair a rinse; after that you can rinse your hair once more with plain water).

The static hair could be explained by the cold weather, but it could also mean, that your hair needs some time to get used to another type of washing method/product.

I have noticed for my hair, that washing with ghassoul meant that my hair needed to adapt. When I used it for the first time, my hair also responded by getting dull, dry, static and it just wasn't the way it normally was. Because I did not want to quit using it, I kept on using it and when the result wasn't like I wanted it, I just put my hair in a bun. I learned that getting an oil treatment before the washing helped getting good results for my hairtype.

Now, when I wash it with ghassoul it is instantly soft, shiny and shows no signs of being static, but that is also because my hair is now being used to be washed by herbal powders and no-cones/chemical products.

I have a book on Moroccan beauty where the writer says to use the ghassoul as a hairmask (15 minutes and rinse) before you do your usual washing/conditioning routine; I've done that once and the result was also good, but I prefer to use it as a shampoo.
Hi!
I did not do a oil treatment that time, I just put a few drops of oil in the mud paste. I also did not use any conditioner.

Today after many days of going about without washing my hair, I did a rhassoul wash again. It's amazing how my hair didn't look or feel dirty for at least three days after the rhassoul treatment.
So I had a little bit of sesame oil in my hair and scalp for a few hours, I like sesame because it seems to prevent dandruff and itchy scalp. And then I put the mud paste in my roots, and let it sit for about 15 minutes. I did not use any oil in the paste this time. After washing it out I also did a ACV rinse this time. So thanks to the tip of using oil before wash and ACV! My hair is feels and looks right now like it should, no static, and it is also incredibly soft and also shiny :cheese:
I hope like you said, that my hair will adapt to this method even better after a while of using it.

Angharad
March 30th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Hi lailmil!

I'm sorry that I didn't react to your question about amla in ghassoul. I have some amlapowder but I use it when I have a pimple as amla helpes to sooth the infection and purify the skin.
I never tried amla in ghassoul, so therefore I cannot help you there........I'm glad that you found a solution that works for you and gives you beautifull hair!!!

Fethenwen: "Jippie" (it's Dutch for hurray!!!) luckely you have found a way ghassoul works for you! I'm very pleased the ACV and oiltreatment tips paid off; keep on "ghassouling" !!!

Remy
March 30th, 2009, 02:35 PM
amla helpes to sooth the infection and purify the skin.

I use it for this purpose as well. Works good! Do you put it on your face, or just the spot? I find that after keeping it on the face for 20 mins or so, I'm really blushy afterwards, slightly tingling effect. i dunno if it's healthy - i like it!

Regarding rhassoul. is it crucial just to put it in the scalp without massaging?

Angharad
March 31st, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hi Remy (love your Stevie Nicks avatar btw; I like her style in clothing and how she looked in the seventies!!!)

when I use amla for pimples I cover the pimple plus a little bit of the area surrounding the pimple; before I discovered amla I have never used any (clay) product that completely covers the skin without being rubbed off after a long night . I have used claypowders like Luvos, Vertargil or even ghassoul as a mask but nothing stays overnight on your skin and worked so well in healing the pimple like amlapowder.

Because I have a sensitive skin I do not often use claymasks on my face, because it will clean my skin too strong. I sometimes use dr. Hauschka clay mask with a drop of oil (also Hauschka) and when I'm in the shower and wash my hair and body with ghassoul I will also put a little bit on my face for five minutes before washing it off.

The ghassoul application on your scalp: I guess it depends on how dirty your hair is. When it needs a good wash you can massage your scalp untill you have reached that feeling of cleanliness, but all with measure; a gentle massage will do. When you just wash (like I have the need certainly in the summertime) just for feeling groomed and not really need to wash (hope you know what I mean) you can carefully "stick" the ghassoul to your hair (I use my flat hand) and leave it on your head for maybe ten minutes. Even then you can give a short gentle massage because the ghassoul is so gentle and massage is always nice and good for circulation of the blood.

After using it regularly you will find your specific way how to use it, to give you the results you're aiming for.

ignis
April 19th, 2009, 08:24 AM
I just washed with ghassoul for the second time, and my hair is much better then the first time. I'm going to have a try-out period. I'm not going to wash with other products for a few weeks and I hope my hair will get used to ghassoul. I think it would be much better for my hair to wash it with a natural product like ghassoul (and it's not as expensive as herbs, i'm just a poor student ;-) ). My hair is still a bit static, but it's not as dry as the first time I used ghassoul. I'm also able to brush my hair as usual. Maybe it is because I added a few drops of Lavendel EO (made it smell very nice)?

ignis
April 19th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Btw I know you from Raponsje Angharad ;-) . I'm Selma there.

Henna Sooq
April 19th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Maybe adding oils to your mix, makes it very smooth and with added moisture too. I am glad the second time around worked nicely!

Remy
April 20th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hi Remy (love your Stevie Nicks avatar btw; I like her style in clothing and how she looked in the seventies!!!)

when I use amla for pimples I cover the pimple plus a little bit of the area surrounding the pimple;

Hi Angharad! Thank you! 70s Stevie was the essence of the hippie/gypsy look that i love - i wish that kind of fashion would come back :)
thanks for the amla tips. i am know using it on spots only, aand you're right, it works wonders!

Leneveu
April 20th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I've tried both white and green clay (Logona) to wash my hair - with disastrous results! My hair was so matted and brittle afterwards, and the effect lasted for several washes (and I did rinse very, very thoroughly!).

My skin loves it though - I use the green clay as a face mask.

Henna Sooq
April 20th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I had mentionned his earlier on, but the powdered rhassoul is not the best one for your hair. The clay pieces work much better and less sticky-ish. They are more muddy and smooth.

Angharad
April 25th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Ignis (Selma): hi there (sorry for my slow response; haven't been here for a week or so); nice to here from you and keep on having good results with your ghassoulexperience!!!!

Remy: glad we're on the same level with the gipsy/hippy look; you do not have to wait to let this look come into fashion though: just wear it and shine!!!!!!

Leneveu: I'm sorry that your ghassoulexperience wasn't a happy one.....I don't know what went wrong, but I remembered in the beginning I used too much ghassoul (I wasn't sure how much I should use but I think it was two handsfull or something and my hair became very dry after the washing) and now I reduced that to two spoonfull of ghassoul. Or maybe your hair needs adjusting? It is very difficult because everybody's hair is different; I still hope ghassoul will one day bring you a beautifull result because it is really after all one of the most gentle ways of washing after you've found your unique way of treatment.

Hi Henna sooq: I have good experiences with ghassoul as a powder as well as the clay pieces.

Love to you all from Angharad

Angharad
April 25th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Ignis: about the lavender oil, I don't know if that is the ingredient that helped to make your hair easier to brush (a nice smell it will give you anyway if you mix it with the ghassoul). Is your hair naturally greasy or not? With my hairtype (dry and curly) I get the best results with making my hair as greasy as possible before I wash with ghassoul. So maybe putting in some jojoba- or arganoil could give you a nice result as well. Just experiment with it and write down what works and what doesn't.

Lioness
June 6th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Does the mixture have to be runny or more pastelike?

Because a couple of days ago i also tried rhassoul as a shampoo but it turned out to be a disaster

I started out by pre-oiling it with EVOO for about an hour. Since my hair was already pretty greasy and i was too impatient i didn't leave the olive oil on for longer.
Then mixed the rhassoul with water, which had the consistency of yoghurt, put in on my hair and wrapped my head with saran wrap. Left it on for 20 minutes i think...could be longer since it took quite a while to get all the mud on my scalp.
Rinsed it out for quite some time, applied conditioner and rinsed that out and lastly did an ACV rinse.
When my hair was dry i also applied some leave-in conditioner and shea butter since i could tell my hair was freaking out.

When it was completely dry i put some more shea butter in it because it looked like my hair had gone nuts!
It had volume and body allright but it was extremely dry and stiff, my ends were sticking together, lacked shine and all that jazz.

Next day i did a CWC and now my roots looks better but my ends still haven't improved.

What did i do wrong? Next time should i only use this on my scalp? Or dilute it more? Or leave it on for only 10 min?

And also, how do i fix this dryness? Clearly conditioner on it's one won't help...and i'm afraid if i shampoo my ends the're gonna be even more dry...:confused:

Henna Sooq
June 6th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I guess it depends on which type of ghassoul you are using regarding texture.

The clay pieces will be like mud, like so kind of thick and muddy, like if you wanted to make mud pies :)

The powdered ghassoul can be like a little thick like cornstarch mixed with warm water. So it applies nice. So just in the middle of thick and runny.

I know for rhassoul as a shampoo, mostly the clay is good for that a lot, and should be done directly in the shower. I know that's what I have others tell me. Is that what you did?

Henna Sooq
June 6th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Yes so what kind of ghassoul did you use?

Lioness
June 7th, 2009, 06:46 AM
I used the powder version
I've read here that the clay pieces are better for the hair but i still had some rhassoul powder in my bathroom so i thought i'd use that first before i buy something new

Does anybody know that if you would apply this only to the scalp and then rinse it out, the ends would be washed automatically? (like when you're using shampoo)

BTW i did a CO today and my ends are looking better now. They were still kinda clumping together when wet and took a lot longer to dry than usual but al least they aren't as dry and poofy anymore.

Henna Sooq
June 7th, 2009, 08:32 AM
hhmhmm yeah for me I am still siding on the clay pieces, because that it what has been traditionally used for hundreds of years in Morocco. I understand that for sure you'd want to use up what you had. :)

I'm glad with the conditioner it came out better and sure it will settle back down in a few days

Angharad
June 8th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Hi Lioness,

I have read about experience with ghassoul; sorry your experience didn't work out fine!

The things I'm writing down now are guesses, but maybe if you keep trying, you'll work out what will give the best result for your hairtype.

If your hair is already greasy, maybe you don't have to pre-oil the next time (ghassoul works best for greasy hair); I have to pre-oil because of my dry hair.

I should not leave the ghassoul on for twenty minutes, but ten minutes and preferably not under a wrap (it works too intense); just when you're in the shower let your hair hang out and make sure you're not getting your hair wet from the shower.

After you made it into a paste with some water (thickness: like porridge and two/three tablespoons is more than enough) just dab it gently onto the hair and also on your lenghts if they are greasy enough. It is better to use too little ghassoul than too much; it is not like a hairmask. Your hair doesn''t have to be completely covered in mud; a very little layer will suffice.

After about ten minutes rinse it out very gently so that your hair doesn't get tangled; then put on the conditioner (preferably no-cones).

I think your biggest mistake has been to put on the sheabutter; it is much too heavy. Use something like jojoba-or arganoil (not to much) on damp hair.

Using ghassoul oftens means when you have dried your hair with a towel, the hair has a tension to feel a bit weird: sticky, dry and maybe you start to think: mmm, this doesnt' feels right and I want to take some action before it is too late. Don't do that: just let your hair airdry and my experience is that the hair changes during the drying-process and will become soft and manageable.

I really hope you'll try again and that you'll find a solution for it and have shiny, soft hair!

deepbluegirl
August 14th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Oh! So glad I am approved to join and can reply to this amazing RHASSOUL discussion! It it theee best thing me and my 4 long-tressed daughters have ever done for our hair - not to mention our health. Shampoos not only strip your hair and scalp they disrupt the oil production on your scalp and the chemicals soak right into your body. Rhassoul is PH neutral, organic, pure, mineral rich (lava clay), and really not that inconvenient to use. I didn't know so many people knew about it! I get mine mail order from a company in Canada. You can get it in bulk too so easier on the budget. Education Footnote: It is actually "GHassoul" as the "gh" is pronounced "r" in Morocco. If anyone needs help - I'm your gal!!

Henna Sooq
August 14th, 2009, 11:19 AM
deepbluegal, love your energy and enthusiasm!!!!

deepbluegirl
August 20th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I have been using rhassoul for over 6 months now and will never go back to a shampoo!
No more itchy scalp, full hair, and no chemicals either! By the way ... rhassoul "dissolves" into the water so you don't need to worry about your drains ... it will actually help move some of of the "gunk" along its path. I found my information mostly on a health blog outsideinlife com

Henna Sooq
August 21st, 2009, 08:33 AM
amazing to hear that :)

Angharad
August 21st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Glad you and your daughters are also big enthousiasts of using ghassoul, deepbluegirl!

Konstifik
August 21st, 2009, 03:12 PM
I use it for face wash but face wash only. I find it very drying and generally not-good for my hair. But the skin of my face loves it! As long as you use some cream for moisture afterwards.

So I would recommend it for the face but not the hair... But that's just me. :)

Fethenwen
August 22nd, 2009, 01:45 AM
I have been using rhassoul for over 6 months now and will never go back to a shampoo!
No more itchy scalp, full hair, and no chemicals either! By the way ... rhassoul "dissolves" into the water so you don't need to worry about your drains ... it will actually help move some of of the "gunk" along its path. I found my information mostly on a health blog outsideinlife com
Sounds great! I'm also glad its working so well for you :)

I tried it for while, but it made my hair really fly away and static. But last time I used it, it was quite alright. Really fluffy hair, and it stayed clean for many days. I used it just before going to a festival for that reason (there were no showers).
I use it mostly for making my own facial masks nowadays.

mellie
December 14th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I tried washing with clay this morning! It wasn't rhassoul clay, but bentonite. I used it yesterday for a body wash and it felt so awesome, that I thought I'd try it as shampoo today! I put a tablespoon in a squeeze bottle with about 2 oz. water, and squeezed that all over my hair and let it sit while doing the rest of the shower (with clay also!), then rinsed out.

It feels very clean and my scalp looks extremely clean. I'll report back with pics when it dries!

Marions
December 14th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I read this thread a few months ago, but if I remember correctly, few people like rhassoul for hair. I find it interesting, on another hair forum there's a long thread about it and lots of people like it. It works well for my hair and my scalp loves it, but it's quite expensive here and strips my henna. It seems that all clays strip my henna (and indigo, it's not so bad now that I only use henna, but I want to go back to indigo soon), unfortunately, so I can't use the CV bars I like most - Mud and Clay, Rhassoul and Yogurt, Dead Sea Spa. :(

mellie
December 14th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I love it!! The Bentonite clay worked great!! My hair is soft, clean, my scalp is clean, and my hair dried fast too! Yay!! I'm sold!!

Here's some pics - keep in mind, my hair is still just a tiny, tiny bit wet. As the day goes on, I'm sure it will look even better!

http://home.comcast.net/~ttudek/pwpimages/DSCN3385.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/~ttudek/pwpimages/DSCN3383.jpg

I can't believe how easy it was! To think of all the experimenting I had to do to get the soapnuts to work...if only I had tried this first, I could have saved myself all that trouble!! Wow!!

Henna Sooq
December 14th, 2009, 08:02 AM
awesome to hear!!!

Fethenwen
December 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM
This really makes me want to try ghassoul again :p Maybe diluting it more would be the key.

mellie
December 14th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I'm really happy with the Bentonite! However, my hair's not as shiny as it is with commercial shampoo. I wonder if it would help to add some kind of acid, since the clay is alkaline?

mellie
December 14th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Here's some more pics from the end of the day now, it looks great!! Sorry, my camera must have ADHD - it can't focus very well!! :D

http://home.comcast.net/~ttudek/pwpimages/DSCN3386_2.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/~ttudek/pwpimages/DSCN3387.jpg

I'm going to try putting a squeeze of lime juice in the mix tomorrow to see if it makes it any shinier!

mellie
December 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM
So I tried the Bentonite clay again today, 1 tsp. in 1 oz. water shaken up in a squeeze bottle and added the juice of 1/2 a lime. That really worked great! I didn't even use up the whole ounce, actually, there was probably half of it left to wash my body with too. Here's some pics!

http://home.comcast.net/~ttudek/pwpimages/DSCN3404.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/~ttudek/pwpimages/DSCN3406.jpg

mellie
January 2nd, 2010, 05:32 PM
I've been continuing to use the Bentonite clay for washing, with a vinegar rinse. Super awesome shine and great cleansing, and way less shedding now too!

http://home.comcast.net/~ttudek/pwpimages/DSCN3518%282%29.jpg

I tried French green clay (it's cheaper) but it didn't work at all for me. So I'm sticking with the Bentonite for sure!

Amelia
May 11th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I was in a natural product store and came across a bottle of rhassoul clay. I got interested and picked it up and read the label. What got my attention was that it say it was appropriate for sensitive scalps. I've been having a really bad time with itchness, and i'm trying to exclude shampoos to see if I can rule out the one that's giving me an allergy.

Today I washed my hair with clay! The mixture is powdery, very fine. I used three table spoons for six of warm water.
I did like they say.

Still in the shower I immediately noticed that I had the feeling my hair had grown :shocked: and that it got even thicker that it already is. The hair is very shinny and the scalp feels nice. I had the impression that it helped.

I would think that people with thin hair should try this. It really boosts your hair!!

Henna Sooq
May 11th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Amelia, awesome!! :) try some on your face as a facial as well

Katze
May 12th, 2010, 04:08 AM
washed with Rhassoul again the other day inspired by this thread, and YUK. I did a brief SMT beforehand which was perhaps a mistake, but my hair feels all plasticky and coarse and weird, kind of like barbie hair. I have to wash again today just so I can live with this hair.

However it was lovely for my greasy yet eczema-plagued face. Gonna keep it as a skin wash, I think, but no more hair experiments.

Lisette
May 12th, 2010, 07:01 AM
I use the rhassoul clay pieces.
Mix it only with water and make it not too thick so it distributes more easily.
I don't use conditioner after only a little coconut oil in the ends.
My dry hair really likes it.

I like it as a facial mask too.

Lisette

emmabovary
May 12th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I love rhassoul. I mix a little argan oil in it and don't use conditioner after. I find it quite therapeutic, even. :)

Amelia
May 17th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Amelia, awesome!! :) try some on your face as a facial as well

I am!! :) It feels like a gentle peeling and my skin felt fresh afterwards.
My experience with clay continues, and i can only say my hair & scalp love the stuff.

Henna Sooq
May 17th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Yeah!!!! :)

piratejenny
January 8th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Ressurecting this thread to share that I tried Rhassoul clay (the pieces not the powder) today to wash my hair. I was kind of sceptical and VERY pleasantly surprised.

In recent months I have become an exlusive egg head (meaning I only wash my hair with yolk+vinegar) but I was looking for an alternative for travelling since eggs are just not very practical on the road :D.

Rhassoul made my hair almost as good as my beloved eggs. It's a little dryer and a tad frizzier maybe, but I suspect that I used a bit too much and I didn't do my usual vinegar rinse. I'll definitely keep experimenting with this.

:cheese:

ravenreed
January 8th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I just ordered some Rhassoul clay so I will be giving it a try. I am not sure how it will work on my ends since they seem to need the CO routine, but I am always looking for some way to cut down on the scalp oilies.

Ronnieaj
January 8th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I mix rhassoul and bentonite clays together with aloe vera juice, some oil, and either honey, agave nectar, or molasses and use it to deep clean around once a month. It has really worked well for my scalp, and really makes my curls pop.

ravenreed
January 9th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Tried the Rhassoul today, but not yet sure how I like it. I mixed it with a bit of cocoa powder and some camellia oil, and also a bit of Rosemary EO. I had no idea how much water to add, so I think I might have added a bit too much. I did an ACE rinse, followed by a catnip tea rinse. Anyway, my scalp feels extremely clean but my ends are a bit tangly. I did use some argan oil on my ends when I got out of the shower, but perhaps I need a little more.

Maktub
January 9th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I love it !

but I do prefer doing a ACV rinse after, to balance my hair's ph. For me, the trick with rhassoul is not to leave it too long and of course NOT to let it dry ! :)

piratejenny
January 10th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I love it !

but I do prefer doing a ACV rinse after, to balance my hair's ph. For me, the trick with rhassoul is not to leave it too long and of course NOT to let it dry ! :)

How much do you use and how long do you leave it on? How often do you do this and is it your only / main method of washing? (Lots of questions :cool:)

I'm on day three today after my wash and my hair still looks almost freshly washed. This is very unusual for me as I have pretty oily hair and scalp. The only downside is that my hair is also a bit frizzy. I hope that a vinegar rinse will take care of some of that but I also wonder if I've just used a bit too much. I henna and I guess my "natural instinct" is to just slather my hair in mud :D

Catladyintown
February 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Bumping how is everyone doing with Rhassoul Clay? Please share your recipes. Thanks :-)

Cleopatra18
February 4th, 2012, 01:47 PM
can anyone help me I have tried rhassoul for 2-3 months and my hair still gets waxy coated feeling sometimes staticy and I don't know what I'm doing wrong? I always preoil and apply watery rhassoul mix on wet hair for 15 mins then rinse. the oil is gone but my hair is very difficult to manage and I can't comb it at all. what kind of adjustments can I do?

Catladyintown
February 4th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Cleopatra18 What is your Rhassoul clay recipe mix? Maybe there is something in the recipe that might cause tangles, or something lacking. I will be getting my Rhassoul soon and a lot of women on youtube use coconut oil or some type of oil to help with the tangles. Hope some one shares their success recipe with us.:)

piratejenny
February 5th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Cleopatra and catlady, I've done several rhassoul washes over the past weeks. I like it a lot as it leaves my hair bouncy, clean and nicely conditioned. I'm still very much experimenting, though, so please take my experiences with some caution :D

I use the clay tablets, not a powder. I've experimented with the consistency and found that it works best for me when it's rather thick - like Greek yoghurt - definitely not watery. I apply to wet hair and kind of goop it around until everything is covered. Then I cover with a plastic shower cap and have breakfast :cool:. After about 15 to 20 minutes I rinse well and finish with a blast of water as cold as I can stand it (not easy, it's freezing cold here at the moment).

I've pre-oiled once with EVOO and absolutely hated the result. I find rhassoul to be pretty conditioning in itself and with the oil was the only time I had problems detangeling. But then I really never use oils anyway as my hair and scalp are very much on the oily side to begin with...

I had some problems with frizz & hair feeling too dry. I suspect that if I leave the mud on too long my hair becomes a bit frizzy, but I'm not sure. It hasn't happened again since I started with the cold blast to finish. I tried an ACV rinse once but that didn't do anything as far as I could tell...

My recommendation would be (and that's what I'm busy with as well) to start with just the rhassoul mud and once you know how your hair reacts to that add more "ingredients" one at a time (including pre-oiling or after-rinses). Otherwise it's hard to determine what each ingredient contributes to the routine and you might conclude that you don't like rhassoul while in fact your hair doesn't like the oil for example...

I'd love to hear about your experiments and experiences, please post if you can!

Catladyintown
February 5th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Piratejenny thanks for sharing. I have one question, do you mix your Rhassoul with plain water or with Aloe Vera juice? I bought the micronized powder Rhassoul. Also were did you buy your Rhassoul? Thanks for all the help Piratejenny.

piratejenny
February 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Piratejenny thanks for sharing. I have one question, do you mix your Rhassoul with plain water or with Aloe Vera juice? I bought the micronized powder Rhassoul. Also were did you buy your Rhassoul? Thanks for all the help Piratejenny.

I just mix it with warm water. I tried aloe vera in my egg shampoo recipes (I'm mainly an egg head :D) and I couldn't discern any added benefit there. It's on my list of what I want to try in combination with rhassoul eventually, though. As I only wash every four days on average and try to stick with one recipe and method for several washes the whole experimentation process really takes some time.

I originally ordered my rhassoul from a Dutch site (www.ebelglastra.nl/Rhassoul_leemshampoo (http://www.ebelglastra.nl/Rhassoul_leemshampoo)) but I've found it since in regular Moroccan grocery stores in town (Holland has a sizeable Moroccan population). It's not necessary by the way to go for the ground stuff, the clay tablets completely dissolve in water within minutes.

Let me know how it goes :)

Cleopatra18
February 5th, 2012, 11:04 AM
My mix is very simple just rhassoul pieces mixed with warm water in a small bottle. I used to make my mixes very runny as it's easier to spread all over my waist+ hair and allows me to get away with using less clay while still covering my hair. at the first month or so I used to add about a tea spoon or a little more glycerin to the mix and I think my hair responded much better than the later months without the glycerin.
at first, they say it's best to do consecutive treatments in order to remove existing build up from other products and to stop using commercial stuff as they are counter productive. However, I did find that adding as small as one table spoon of any conditioner to an extremly runny mix of rhassoul will make it so thick and creamy instantly making application a breeze.
I also think that with rhassoul I felt increased splits though I'm not sure if it's only showing the existing damage other products and cones were hiding.
One thing I have to say for sure is the texture of individual hairs feel so much better with rhassoul and much softer and stronger.
I really want to make this work as sulfates make me shed and I can't find any sulfate free poos here so rhassoul is defently a good alternative for me.
How do you guys condition your hair while using rhassoul? my hair is on the dry side and I think it really needs extra conditioning.

piratejenny
February 5th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I can see how making your mix runnier would make it easier to spread on long hair. My hair is only shoulder length at this point and so it's easy to handle. For a wash I really only focus on the roots, though, and don't apply much mud to the rest (just kind of wipe my fingers in there :D). While I have it "brewing" under the shower cap I also pile it on top of my head which I understand is a big no-no for longer hair...

I do find the rhassoul conditioning enough for my hair (it's rather oily) so I don't use anything else. I think the secret to success is in finding the right amount of mud and the right time to let it sit. My first try also was not successful and with hindsight my theory is that I used too much clay. I henna and covered my hair with rhassoul like I would with henna. That was waaaaaay to much and dried my hair a lot.

In fact, I find that I really don't need all that much clay. Now I barely cover the bottom of a small tupper ware container (maybe 10cm in diameter) with the clay pieces and cover that in water. This is gives me a lot more mud than I use on my hair. I keep the rest for my face which is great as well ;)

Catladyintown
February 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks Piratejenny and Cleopatra18 I think I will start off with just plain water. I have a lot of aloe vera plants out side and was thinking of putting that in the mix. But I first will try plain water. What is the max time you should leave Rhassoul on your hair? Thanks again.:D

piratejenny
February 6th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Thanks Piratejenny and Cleopatra18 I think I will start off with just plain water. I have a lot of aloe vera plants out side and was thinking of putting that in the mix. But I first will try plain water. What is the max time you should leave Rhassoul on your hair? Thanks again.:D

I suspect that would depend on how oily or dry your hair is. I leave it on for about 15 minutes after which my hair feels very clean and not dry but nicely conditioned. If your hair is dry I would start more carefully and use less mud (I think you really don't need very much anyway, see my previous post).

Don't give up if it doesn't work well the first time. Odds are you'll need to do some experimenting to find what works for you ;). Keep us posted :cool:

Catladyintown
February 11th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Tried Rhassoul clay yesterday and my hair loves it. Just used plain warm water and Rhassoul. I like it because it easy to use.:D I made it more runnier then normal but still easy to use. I guess I will be giving up my Morrocco Method Shampoo it is expensive. But has anyone tried putting sea kelp in their mix? I like Morrocco Method sea essence shampoo and it has a lot of kelp and sea vegetables. So I was thinking of using just plain Rhassoul and kelp in warm water.

Ashenputtel
February 13th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I've read a lot on Ghassoul on French and English forum and the general concensus seamed to be that ghassoul was working better with just water (or flower water for the smell) on not oiled hair without conditionner after and with an acidic rinse. Some people had good result by mixing it with a bit of honey or just a little bit of a light oil. It's not necessary to put it on all your hair. Just at the roots is fine, you need to rinse it for a while anyway. On most people 5 minutes was enough to have a cleaning effet.

Here's my personnal experience

I mixed ghassoul with chamomille tea (because I jut love the smell) and 3 drops (not even a tea spoon) of jojoba oil. I wet my hair and put a yoghourt consistency on my scalp. I massaged it (not rubbed) and spread the rest of the rhassoul all over my body. I then rinse with a chamomille tea-beer-ACV rinse. Let it air dry and added oil on slightly damp hair and damp bunned for the night.

Today my hair is incredebly soft, shiny and full and bit harder to detangle but I didn't detangle it prior to the wash.

Next time I'll try the mud pieces since it seams gentler, bought it in a morrocan grocery store for 2,50 CAN$. I'll also skip the beer for this time since it can build-up. The man was very exited about the product and told me that it was a family business. I talked to me about ghassoul for at least 10 minutes.

Can't wait to see if all be able to get rid of my flaky scalp and strech watches more.

piratejenny
February 14th, 2012, 12:59 AM
I've read a lot on Ghassoul on French and English forum and the general concensus seamed to be that ghassoul was working better with just water (or flower water for the smell) on not oiled hair without conditionner after and with an acidic rinse. Some people had good result by mixing it with a bit of honey or just a little bit of a light oil. It's not necessary to put it on all your hair. Just at the roots is fine, you need to rinse it for a while anyway. On most people 5 minutes was enough to have a cleaning effet.

That pretty much sums up my experience as well. (I haven't tried honey yet, maybe I'll get to that eventually :cool:).

To me the difference between an ok result and an excellent one seems to be in the amount of mud I apply. Unfortunately this is something I haven't fully figured out yet for myself. If I don't use enough mud there is the risk that some parts are still somewhat oily and if I use too much I find it quite drying.

piratejenny
April 22nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
Just a little update for the record :D. In the past months I've alternated rhassoul washes with egg washes and I quite like both methods. Rhassoul allows me to go more days without washing and eggs make my hair just that little bit extra bouncy and shiney. So I had the brilliant idea of mixing an egg yolk into my rhassoul mud...

:( BAD IDEA :(

I'm not a chemist and so I have no idea what exactly happened, but as soon as the mix touched my hair it turned into a gluey, gum-like weirdness that left my hair stiff and yucky.

Oh well, the price of experimenting I guess
:silly: :stirpot:

Lissandria
June 8th, 2012, 06:54 PM
*bump*

Im going to try my first rhassoul clay treatment on my hair (hoping it will leach some Indigo out of my hair). I think I will mix it up with some tea, Oil and perhaps some Amla?

Natalia
June 8th, 2012, 09:02 PM
i want to give this a try. i planned to order some for my face and cant resist the idea of using it on my hair too. im mostly wo but id like another alternative to shampooing when i need to.

Othala
June 9th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Be very careful of Rhassoul. It can condition your hair the first couple of times you use it (on un-oiled hair) and then seriously dry out your hair and scalp so much that it takes a lot of moisturising conditioners to restore things back to normal.

I am also starting to suspect that Rhassoul, when used intensively i.e. applied to your hair for longer than say 10 minutes, will damage your hair beyond anything a conditioner can fix. This is what I am finding with longer applications of Rhassoul to remove Indigo.

Lissandria
June 9th, 2012, 05:47 AM
^^Thanks for the heads up. I will be careful.

May I ask what you mix yours with? Mine had very little effect on my indigo and I left it for an hour. Hair was oiled prior. I followed my Rhassoul clay with a VitC treatment and then a honey lightening treatment- the indigo has budged some becasue my hair is lighter. (I think this had much to do with the other things I did, not the Rhassoul) Rhassoul did not leach the colour like I hoped it would though.

Is your indigo coming out well, Othala? Apart from the damage?

Othala
June 9th, 2012, 06:55 AM
^^Thanks for the heads up. I will be careful.

May I ask what you mix yours with? Mine had very little effect on my indigo and I left it for an hour. Hair was oiled prior. I followed my Rhassoul clay with a VitC treatment and then a honey lightening treatment- the indigo has budged some becasue my hair is lighter. (I think this had much to do with the other things I did, not the Rhassoul) Rhassoul did not leach the colour like I hoped it would though.

Is your indigo coming out well, Othala? Apart from the damage?

Hi Lissandria,
I have done 3 Rhassoul hair packs as follows:
1. Rhassoul pieces and water only
2. Rhassoul (micronized) with lime juice and water
3. Rhassoul pieces with water and then 1 tablespoon of raw honey mixed into the paste

On all 3 occasions I put a thin plastic shower cap over my head and then sat under a hood dryer for 30 minutes.

The lower lengths of hair with more indigo in them have not changed but the hair 6 inches from the root and above is definitely lighter. Unfortunately, the henna is lighter too which I stupidly did not anticipate.

A friend of mine IRL has successfully removed almost all her henndigo with multiple treatments of deep conditioner + honey + VCO and sitting under the hood dryer (it is her hood dryer I am using) for up to an hour. Needless to say, her hair is in much better condition now than mine. Sensible woman.

Animae
June 9th, 2012, 12:29 PM
So, i got this henna sooq rhassoul mud (http://www.hennasooq.com/argan-oil-rhassoul-mud/) and I LOVE it on my face. But I'm nnot sure how to use it in my hair. Do I just apply it to my scalp? all over? I know I should mix it with water or conditioner, but how long should I leave it on? so I need to use conditioner after? Thank you!!!

Lissandria
June 9th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Hi Lissandria,
I have done 3 Rhassoul hair packs as follows:
1. Rhassoul pieces and water only
2. Rhassoul (micronized) with lime juice and water
3. Rhassoul pieces with water and then 1 tablespoon of raw honey mixed into the paste

On all 3 occasions I put a thin plastic shower cap over my head and then sat under a hood dryer for 30 minutes.

The lower lengths of hair with more indigo in them have not changed but the hair 6 inches from the root and above is definitely lighter. Unfortunately, the henna is lighter too which I stupidly did not anticipate.

A friend of mine IRL has successfully removed almost all her henndigo with multiple treatments of deep conditioner + honey + VCO and sitting under the hood dryer (it is her hood dryer I am using) for up to an hour. Needless to say, her hair is in much better condition now than mine. Sensible woman.

Thanks, Othala

My honey treatments are quite similar to your friend's method: conditioner, honey and EVOO with intemittent heat from my hair dryer. My hair is in ok condition. It is working for sure. I have been using in conjunction with Vit C lightening.

I think the Rhassoul clay worked some, but just not dramatically. Given your experience, Im not sure I would try it again. I think I will continue with honey treatments and as I do not have access to a hood dryer, perhaps I will invest in a wondercap :D

Thankyou :flower: I really hope you get the results you want.

piratejenny
June 10th, 2012, 02:48 AM
I can't resist chiming in with a more upbeat report on rhassoul :p

I've been using rhassoul clay for the past 6 months or so on average once a week. My results are fantastic, my hair is soft, conditioned and bouncy..

Here's what I do. I use the simple clay pieces from Morocco, mixed with water to the consistency of soft yoghurt (or shampoo ;)). I cover my wet hair well with the mud in the shower, massage my scalp a bit, do my other shower stuff and rinse. I suspect that I'd have even better results if I followed with an ACV rinse, but mostly I'm too lazy to do that. That's it.

I do agree that it does take a bit of experimenting to figure out what works best. Here's a few extra pointers:
- I don't let the mud sit on my head. I used to cover with a shower cap and wait 15 minutes or so before rinsing. I find that's not necessary.
- Consistency on the other hand did matter. Too runny and it doesn't clean well enough, too thick and it will be drying.
- I also had by far the best results with the "original" stuff from Morocco. I've bought loose clay tablets from local stores in town, and while they did clean it simply wasn't the same.

Here are a few links to what I use:
Dutch store: http://www.elkantrawebshop.nl/a-23834232/verzorgingsproducten/ghassoul

Another Dutch source. I first bought here. This is just a guy who works with clay and is into natural stuff. He's easy to talk to and very helpful. http://www.ebelglastra.nl/Rhassoul_leemshampoo

I just found this pretty professional looking site. Not sure if they are in France or Morocco. I haven't ordered from there.
http://www.almoultazimoun.com/en/accessoires-et-bijoux-categ-74/374-rhassoul-ou-ghassoul-chorfa-al-akhdar-500-grammes.html

Hope this helps. ;)

Wildcat Diva
August 31st, 2013, 08:40 PM
Tried Rhassoul clay yesterday and my hair loves it. Just used plain warm water and Rhassoul. I like it because it easy to use.:D I made it more runnier then normal but still easy to use. I guess I will be giving up my Morrocco Method Shampoo it is expensive. But has anyone tried putting sea kelp in their mix? I like Morrocco Method sea essence shampoo and it has a lot of kelp and sea vegetables. So I was thinking of using just plain Rhassoul and kelp in warm water.

LOL I just tried this with the sea kelp infusion added to the Rhassoul plus a little honey. I used conditioner also. It's still wet, so I'll update again when it's dry. This is my second time trying Rhassoul. Last time I couldn't get my fingers through my hair that time that I used the clay, but I didn't use any conditioner that time.

This time, I detangled in the shower after the clay and with conditioner on my length, I used the tangle teezer, and it was harder than usual to detangle. I'm not even going to try to finger comb for a day or two I think, if I can stand it.

gzmklc
September 8th, 2013, 06:59 AM
What do you think of using red clay in henna mix? I've heard it can help henna get redder.

kmcg
September 22nd, 2013, 07:21 PM
I just now discovered this thread. I use rhassoul in my facial masks and have been meaning to try it on my hair. These are some excellent tips! Rhassoul seems like a good option for a clarifying rather than something I would use regularly.
A couple of times when my hair was really filthy and I didn't have any 'shampoo' mixed up (I'm NoPoo/DIY) I used a French green clay bar of soap and followed with my ACV rinse. To my surprise it worked well. The only down side was it left my hair a little dry but it was good to know I could use it in a pinch (like a camping trip).
Semi random question:
One thing I've noticed when I use a rhassoul facial mask is that it tends to make my face red for 20 minutes or so after I remove it. As far as I've read there's nothing to be concerned about as long as the redness goes away after 30 minutes. Does anyone else get a red face?

Enrapture
January 23rd, 2015, 01:42 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I would really like to try out clay washes. However I'm a little hesitant, as the experiences vary. Some say it is drying, some say that it's amazing and a lot better than shampoo. Maybe anyone else has tried this? What are your experiences?

tiny_teesha
January 29th, 2015, 06:57 AM
I've only used rhassoul a few times, so i am still tweaking a method that works for me, however i do find i can go much longer without washes (even if somehow my hair wasn't cleaned well the first time, it just seems to get cleaner the day after washing somehow?), my hair has more wave to it (definition), and my hair is much drier- like it feels WRONG dry (but i'm not using conditioner afterward because i'm trying to slowly convert to 100% DIY hair washing methods - so this contributes.)

I think it's worth a try, maybe get a tester amount- see if it works for you, but it's going to be hard to go from shampoo to mud. If you're already "no poo" then it may be easier. I find it cleans better than herbs, but is more drying for sure. I am yet to perfect the pH thing, i'm not sure why my hair feels so extremely tangly and crazy afterwards-but as i have extremely thin hair, the volume is actually welcomed, it just feels horrid- a mix of waxy (not clean enough?) and dry (i have no idea how this is possible, i'm guessing wrong pH even though i do a lime rinse afterward).

Ambrielle
January 29th, 2015, 07:36 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I would really like to try out clay washes. However I'm a little hesitant, as the experiences vary. Some say it is drying, some say that it's amazing and a lot better than shampoo. Maybe anyone else has tried this? What are your experiences?

i watched a couple of videos on youtube last night, they were comparing bentonite clay to rhassoul clay. Some claim one is superior than the other and vice versa, the opinions seemed mixed however both users said bentonite clay didn't dry as fast on their hair as rhassoul did because of this alone i am more likely to try bentonite clay on my hair, i already use it on my skin with wonderful results :) if i were you i would try either first on a small piece of your hair and see how it goes just in case.

Eraisuithiel
January 31st, 2015, 12:58 PM
My face likes clay, but it makes my hair break off more than usual. It could just be that my water quality is very, very hard where I was using it. That probably just messed it up, like it does with natural soaps. Anyway, I'm glad so many of you were getting good results. I'll make sure to try it again when I'm at my mom's house again.

tiny_teesha
February 2nd, 2015, 06:11 AM
I tried some bentonite clay (running out of rhassoul) with shikakai mask for 30 minutes (it actually had some coffee in it too, and corn starch to thicken in, along with bi carb and vinegar as i tweaked the pH just right at 4)- I followed it with a honey and vinegar rinse.
I'm not going to lie, my hair is CRAZY soft. Like, CRAZY. Silky smooth, and almost stick straight. No conditioner, just a pre oiling of coconut. CRAZY. I will say though, that my hair did shed an aweful lot (but it usually does when it's oily and it was very oily before i washed it.) I think somehow also my hair is also more snappy. So, i will try this again for sure to see which ingredient is doing good or bad. :) - the softness might be from the honey, who knows. Tests are needed.

- I guess an easy solution would be to condition the ends afterward, and this is perfect for me- but i avoid conditioner in summer because contact with my skin is irritating (I apply the tiniest amount after a shower after i put clothes on so it doesn't touch my skin, but short sleeves and tank tops means my hair will touch my skin)

Colochita
February 2nd, 2015, 08:07 PM
Just chiming in that I use Terressentials (bentonite based) to clean the length of my hair. My hair seems to love it and it defines and moisturizes my curls substantially. I can't use it on my scalp, though, because I have a hard time getting it off. Instead I use a diluted sulphate-free shampoo.

tiny_teesha
February 6th, 2015, 03:37 AM
I used clay again, it's really amazing. I'm liking this stuff, I'm just working on a recipe that has the perfect pH and consistency and smell! I'm amazed, i've been 'no poo' since August and finally this is working for me! I added amla with it this time, and almost no aloe juice, pretty much the same results, maybe less soft...and the amla did reduce shedding, i'll use it as a tea next time though because rinse time was INSANE. It is slightly less clean also, and smelled not as nice.

Teufelchen
August 13th, 2015, 03:10 AM
Tiny_Teesha:
Would you mind sharing the recipe if it turned out well?

I used to wash with Morrocco Method Shampoos, but since it is ridiculously expensive to get in Europe, I switched to Sanoll Rhassoul Shampoos, but I would like to make my own. Unfortunately I haven't found a good recipe yet.

lapushka
August 13th, 2015, 03:52 AM
Rhassoul or ghassoul clay is really gritty and it does remind me of baking soda. Which, that's what the effect pretty much was on my hair. I only now use it to soak feet in - much better! And soft feet, too!

flickm
August 14th, 2015, 02:00 AM
I used it for a while for my hair, but it needed a strong vinegar rinse to stop it looking dull after. I still use it for my face. Left on to dry, then rinsed off, it has a mildly exfoliating and good toning effect and leaves skin soft and glowing.

meteor
August 14th, 2015, 12:40 PM
I used it for a while for my hair, but it needed a strong vinegar rinse to stop it looking dull after. I still use it for my face. Left on to dry, then rinsed off, it has a mildly exfoliating and good toning effect and leaves skin soft and glowing.

I use it from time to time on my face, too, like a cleansing mask. :) I think it's particularly great on oily areas, since clay is highly absorbent but inert and doesn't have high irritation potential. :)

Madame J
August 14th, 2015, 12:45 PM
I've been using bentonite clay to wash my hair for the past week and it's working pretty well. I'm going to switch to rhassoul for my next wash because I'm out of bentonite. I've been documenting it on my LHC blog, if anyone's interested.

Calypso
July 9th, 2016, 04:42 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry to revive this thread, but I need help with Rhassoul. I just tried it for the first time; I mixed about three heaped spoonfuls of clay with some water (didn't measure the water, sorry). My first problem was that I couldn't get it to a yoghurt like consistency, as recommended, because I find I just get clumps of thick clay in clayey water. Would blending it work better? I ended up rubbing the lumps of clay into my scalp and then pouring the clayey water over my head. I followed that with an ACV rinse then rinsed really well in cool water. My hair felt kind of crunchy and odd when wet, and now it's nearly dry it feels a lot like it does after henna, sort of dusty and coated, if that makes sense. I think it's also a little dryer and more tangly. What can I do better next time? I sometimes oil my hair the night before a wash, but that seems to go badly with clay, according to this thread. Should I add a little bit of oil to my mix?

Calypso
July 11th, 2016, 09:29 AM
Ok, so my hair feels horrible now! Dry, tangly, dusty, and still somehow not completely clean. :( I think I'll have to go back to soapnuts.

ElvenEngineer
July 14th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Woah... inspired by this thread I washed my hair with some (powdered) rhassoul mixed with aloe vera this morning. Wow, my hair is *so* shiny and soft. Rather than using my standard (natural-ish brand) conditioner, I just oiled the ends with a jojoba, rose and coconut mix I usually use on my face. This was just for the sake of experiment. My ends liked the oil, but the length is more tangley than normal, so I'll stick to using conditioner, but I couldn't have even considered not using conditioner with normal shampoo! I get the feeling I might need to clarify from the clay every now and then, but I definitely want to continue experimenting with this as my routine cleanser! (I think I'll add some tea tree and peppermint next time, ooohh and maybe lavender and rosemary and sage...)

ElvenEngineer
July 14th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry to revive this thread, but I need help with Rhassoul. I just tried it for the first time; I mixed about three heaped spoonfuls of clay with some water (didn't measure the water, sorry). My first problem was that I couldn't get it to a yoghurt like consistency, as recommended, because I find I just get clumps of thick clay in clayey water. Would blending it work better? I ended up rubbing the lumps of clay into my scalp and then pouring the clayey water over my head. I followed that with an ACV rinse then rinsed really well in cool water. My hair felt kind of crunchy and odd when wet, and now it's nearly dry it feels a lot like it does after henna, sort of dusty and coated, if that makes sense. I think it's also a little dryer and more tangly. What can I do better next time? I sometimes oil my hair the night before a wash, but that seems to go badly with clay, according to this thread. Should I add a little bit of oil to my mix?

So I just tried this for the first time too. I had the clumps problem -- I just took a handful and rubbed it well between my hands before massaging it into my scalp (it was less a yogurt consistency and more a kefir consistency). I *only* applied it directly to the scalp area (though the rest of my hair was exposed during rinsing... like with my normal 'poo routine). I continued to massage my scalp well during rinsing, to make sure it was extremely well rinsed out. I would mix aloe vera in before oil -- I find it helps spread everything better, and maybe add a little ACV to balance the pH (though aloe can help with that too). Another thing to try would be to pre-oil with your slipperiest oil, and detangle while that's being applied, then carefully cleanse with/massage in the clay only on the scalp area without mussing with the length much.

Of course, no pressure to continue trying something if it really doesn't work for you. :) And I don't even know exactly how much of this routine you did, but just in case anyone wants to keep experimenting.

Calypso
July 15th, 2016, 10:18 AM
So I just tried this for the first time too. I had the clumps problem -- I just took a handful and rubbed it well between my hands before massaging it into my scalp (it was less a yogurt consistency and more a kefir consistency). I *only* applied it directly to the scalp area (though the rest of my hair was exposed during rinsing... like with my normal 'poo routine). I continued to massage my scalp well during rinsing, to make sure it was extremely well rinsed out. I would mix aloe vera in before oil -- I find it helps spread everything better, and maybe add a little ACV to balance the pH (though aloe can help with that too). Another thing to try would be to pre-oil with your slipperiest oil, and detangle while that's being applied, then carefully cleanse with/massage in the clay only on the scalp area without mussing with the length much.

Of course, no pressure to continue trying something if it really doesn't work for you. :) And I don't even know exactly how much of this routine you did, but just in case anyone wants to keep experimenting.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, adding aloe or oil would probably help, but as my hair was in such a horrible state after my first experiment I think I'll just stick with soapnuts for now and save the rhassoul for my skin. My skin definitely loves it! Isn't it funny how different hair types react so differently to the same method?

ElvenEngineer
July 16th, 2016, 04:25 PM
It really is -- especially since our hair types aren't even that different! It might be relevant that I have hard water, but use a shower filter and chelated recently with Malibu's powder chelation treatment (I really did not want to buy a whole 'nother shampoo bottle). Funny, though -- my skin can't take clay at all; it's too drying on my already dry skin. I can only use oil and water.

Updates for this thread: I washed my hair with clay and conditioned normally yesterday. The waves are really defined and it still feels exceptionally clean -- it's also still nicely shiny. I'm having some flyaways because it's super humid here, but not more than normal. However, I do find, even with conditioner, my hair is harder to detangle, and there is a slight waxy buildup. I don't think I'm ready to make clay my routine shampoo, but I like it as a treatment. I think what I'll do is use clay when my hair doesn't feel all *that* dirty, but I still want to take a shower cause it's summer. Because I hate shower caps, and if I'm showering, I at least have to condition or else I'll get tangles and weird build-up, but if I just use conditioner, my hair will be flat and weighed down. So clay can definitely be useful, but it's not replacing shampoo for me (yet).

littlestarface
July 16th, 2016, 08:33 PM
I only have the powder of this, can I still use it for hair even tho its not the clay pieces? The powder is the natural one from morocco.

Calypso
July 17th, 2016, 04:11 AM
I only have the powder of this, can I still use it for hair even tho its not the clay pieces? The powder is the natural one from morocco.

I used the powder, and it worked, it just wasn't so good for my hair. I think the clay pieces are supposed to be better or easier, but either one should work. Just make sure you rinse it all out!