PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo question

Natural
June 8th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I have been using shampoo bars of one sort or another for nearly a year now and they work very well for me. I wash everyday but would like to start stretching out my washes, every other day to begin. For those who wash infrequently, what do you do on no-wash days? Rinse, or try to keep it dry? In the past, if I skipped a day and only rinsed, my hair felt a little greasy, but if skipped and kept it dry, it felt great.

I think my hair would benefit from less frequent washing.

FullMoonTrim
June 8th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I have been using shampoo bars of one sort or another for nearly a year now and they work very well for me. I wash everyday but would like to start stretching out my washes, every other day to begin. For those who wash infrequently, what do you do on no-wash days? Rinse, or try to keep it dry? In the past, if I skipped a day and only rinsed, my hair felt a little greasy, but if skipped and kept it dry, it felt great.

I think my hair would benefit from less frequent washing.
I wash my hair every third day (or sometimes every second day). I usually just get it a little damp and brush it out to smooth it on the days when I don't wash it. I will wear it up if it looks a little flat. Occasionally I will just wash the front 'bang' area and leave the rest alone.
Good luck changing your routine! :)

Bene
June 8th, 2009, 08:13 PM
i wash every 3-4 days (some times longer if i'm feeling lazy), and keep it as dry as possible on the days i don't wash. i also keep my hands out of it as much as i can, natural oils from hands can make hair greasy. if i do have to handle my hair, i try to deal with the length more than my scalp area.

of coarse, it all depends on your scalp type and i think straighter hair tends to show oil more than curly hair. i hope someone with your hair type and texture can give better advice.

Merewen
June 8th, 2009, 09:24 PM
When I don't wash, my hair is up and under a shower cap. It usually gets slightly damp around the edges, but I try to keep it as dry as I can.
If you notice staying dry leads to better results, that's what you should do! Do what works for you.

girloctopus
June 8th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I wash about once a week, and leave it dry in between. Sometimes I dampen it when styling in order to make it look a little more polished, but that doesn't seem to affect it like rinsing it in the shower does. It looks greasy if I just rinse it in between shampoos. I recommend leaving it dry if that seems to work best for you! :D

FullMoonTrim
June 8th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Great idea about keeping your hands out of your hair...for some reason that never occurred to me!

florenonite
June 9th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I don't even shower daily, so I just do nothing with my hair on days I don't wash. I actually found, when trying to stretch out washings, that it was worse to do a water rinse than to leave it dry. My hair only gets wet once or twice a week now.