PDA

View Full Version : EO in conditioner to promote hair growth?

CaityBear
April 8th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I just got some essential oils for my hair and skin. The one for my hair are ones to promote hair growth. Would it be okay to add to my conditioner (I CO). I thought I remembered reading something about doing that, but I wasn't sure so I wanted to ask first.

Any suggestions on the best way to apply them?

Lizbot
April 8th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I'd think a nice scalp massage with some prior to CO-ing would be nice, however mixing some with your conditioner might be the most cost-effective way to distribute it.

jessie58
April 8th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Lizbot it right, they don't really do much for hair growth by being in the Conditioner. They are most effective if used on the scalp with massage, then you could CO after. Otherwise their only purpose in the CO might be for scent.

ChloeDharma
April 8th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Yep, you can add them to your conditioner....i'm guessing that as you CO wash you leave it on for a while so they will have time to work.

I would say it might be worth considering Lizbot's suggestion......you could add some EO's to a nice oil like Coconut, Sweet Almond, EVOO etc and massage them in at night then wash out in the morning.....then they have all night to do their thing.