PDA

View Full Version : Ideas?

zctmmom
June 8th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Hi everyone..I mainly lurk here, cause I know very little and it's better to lurk and learn than look like you don't know anything!;)

Anyway...OK....I have slightly below SL very thick, very wavy, can-curl-when-it-wants-to hair that LOVES cones.......I wash and condition every other day and my hair LOVES it. Well, I have started doing the treadmill daily and it is HOT and humid, and my hair is dripping when I am done.

Daily shampooing dries it out, even with my hair's favorite products:rolleyes:, but I have to DO something daily...ideas??

GlassEyes
June 8th, 2009, 06:16 AM
CO washing is your best bet.

Just wash like you would with shampoo, only without it, and it'll clean your hair fine. Actualy, sweat is water-soluble, so you could even get away with just rinsing with water, but I figure you might not like that option. XD

Gothic Lolita
June 8th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Yes, rinsing would probably get rid of the swaet, but I like the fresh feeling too. CO is really great for that and has saved many heads from drying out while still being clean!

misstwist
June 8th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Agreed. Rinsing is fine.

If your hair tangles when it gets wet unless there is something to give it some slip, which mine does, add a little conditioner.

Or just CO wash if you prefer.

Either would be fine, but using just a very little to add slip would be cheaper because it wouldn't use as much conditioner.

Lamb
June 8th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Rinsing should take care of the sweat, perhaps dilute a drop or two of shampoo in a bottle and use that daily? And condition?

teela1978
June 8th, 2009, 09:45 AM
very diluted shampoo or CO are good options. I've been having this problem lately as well. I've been messing around with CO, but as I don't really use 'cheapie' conditioners after shampooing it ends up costing a lot per wash to use my expensive conditioner for that use... and I'd rather not have an extra bottle of suave or vo5 sitting in the shower. I'll figure something out eventually.

ETA: just thought I'd add that I've found rinsing isn't really enough for me, but it might be worth a try. My hair looks very flat/greasy/dirty/like it needs to be washed if I just rinse with water, still smells like I've been working out too... I was hoping that would work though, it seems to for some people.

natt i nord
June 8th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Condition often and long and maybe do a SMT every week.

Did I understand you right that you have to wash daily but your hair becomes dry because of this? Then you might try to avoid cones at least in the shampoo. That could help you to get away from the daily washing. Diluting is always a good advice :)