PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair in Oregon Country Fair Poster

LittleOrca
June 7th, 2009, 01:37 PM
http://www.oregoncountryfair.org/poster09.jpg

I am SO going this year in my mermaid tail. ;) [If we can arrange a wheelchair rental for me lol).

I saw the length of the hair in this picture though and knew I had to share it with all you people. She may be painted, but she definitely has hair that is worthy of looking at. :)

feralnature
June 7th, 2009, 01:40 PM
That is the coolest looking country fair poster ever!

SpecialKitty
June 7th, 2009, 01:41 PM
WOW - now I want to go to the Oregon Country Fair! That is a great poster - thanks LittleOrca!!

viking_quest
June 7th, 2009, 01:50 PM
That's an amazing poster. I hope you can find a wheelchair rental so you can wear your tail. Which would be pretty epic.

LittleOrca
June 7th, 2009, 01:53 PM
:D It's a NW famous fair for alternative styles of clothing, hand made stuff, and outlandish costumes.

One year an ex of mine and I went as a pair of unicorns. ^_^

It is like a BIG gathering of hippies, but no drugs. :lol:

Carolyn
June 7th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Do you know if there is a way to order the poster?

LittleOrca
June 7th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Do you know if there is a way to order the poster?

Um, there might be. Let me look for you :)

Edit: I couldn't find any place that was selling them. The official site has a place to buy things, but the link is currently down. Here it is anyways in case it comes back up.

http://www.oregoncountryfair.org/fairaphunalia.php

Deb!
June 7th, 2009, 04:00 PM
What detail, and the colors, just gorgeous!

Is the Oregon Country Fair similar to King Richard's Faire?

Nyghtingale
June 7th, 2009, 04:34 PM
That poster is so pretty. I would love to have one.

Kiraela
June 7th, 2009, 05:26 PM
That is SO COOL! It makes me want to go to Oregon, now, so I can go!

AprilElf
June 7th, 2009, 07:30 PM
That really is a gorgeous poster. :) Thanks for sharing it, LittleOrca!

LittleOrca
June 7th, 2009, 10:19 PM
What detail, and the colors, just gorgeous!

Is the Oregon Country Fair similar to King Richard's Faire?

No. It started as a Renn Faire back when it was founded and for a few years after that. Now it is mostly an alternative gathering, I guess is the right way to say it. Some people come in garb, but most people come in outlandish costumes, such as flamingos, cows, owls, and a monarch butterfly are the ones I have seen that I can remember. A man also had a costume set up to make him look like a man sitting on a flying carpet where his legs were conceled by a cloud the carpet sat on.

You can go topless to the fair, but not completely nude. Few women do and those who do are usually painted over.

It is very hard to describe, it is something you'd just have to experience. :) If you goto their main site, http://www.oregoncountryfair.org/ and look at their gallery, but I can't directly link you to it from here. Warning, some pictures are not only topless but humerous! :)

nowxisxforever
June 8th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Oh how pretty!
What town is it going to be in, do you know?

longhairedfairy
June 8th, 2009, 12:54 AM
That's really pretty!
What would be even cooler than a wheel chair is if you could get people to carry you around in a sedan chair! Probably not possible, but it would be really great!

SHELIAANN1969
June 8th, 2009, 07:40 AM
It would be neat if you could make a tail that you could also walk in (like those gloves that have mitten tops that slip over them) When you want to pose, you could slip the tail over and when you want to walk, the tail could be above your ankles.

That looks like a very cool fair! wheeeeeeeeee!! :D

SHELIAANN1969
June 8th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Oh wow, I just browsed some of the photos, it looks like fun!

dorkfish
June 8th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I am from Portland, OR and would love to get a poster of it. I was born in Reno, NV, but all my siblings and Father was born there. His family all still live there. It is truly a beautiful city.

wintersun99
June 8th, 2009, 09:13 AM

LittleOrca
June 8th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Oh how pretty!
What town is it going to be in, do you know?

It is held outside of Veneta, which is 10 miles west of Eugene. My aunt lives in Veneta so I have a place to stay if I decide to go. :)

I thought about making a walking tail, but I will be coming home from a vacation a week before the fair and that is a lot of pressure to get a tail to walk in done. My DF likes the idea of the wheel chair and is used to working with them (his niece has been in one all her life).

Cinnamon Hair
June 10th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Bumping this thread to say that I emailed the website and was told posters can be mailed anywhere in the USA for $18.

Here's the email I received

Please send a check for $18 for each poster you would like to OCF, 442 Lawrence Street, Eugene, OR 97401, Attn: Norma. Check should be made out to OCF.

norma sax
Oregon Country Fair
442 Lawrence Street
Eugene, OR 97401
http://www.oregoncountryfair.org
July 10, 11, 12 2009

LittleOrca
June 10th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Sweet! Thanks for finding that Cinnamon :)

jivete
June 10th, 2009, 02:41 PM
That looks like a really fun fair. I love costumes.