PDA

View Full Version : Problems with buns

Aisha25
June 7th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I have this problem that whenever I throw my hair into a bun and wrap it with a panty hose elastic my ends gets all crinkly and hard looking. The ends get kinked even when I put them up wet or dry I still get that ugly ends.

Why is it? Is there anyway I can stop it from happening??

spidermom
June 7th, 2009, 12:51 PM
My ends get scrunched-up-looking with buns, too, unless I'm very careful to comb it all smooth and take care as I tuck the ends. Most times I don't care to take all the extra time and trouble because wetting the ends and combing through them gets rid of the scrunched or kinked look.

Aisha25
June 7th, 2009, 12:59 PM
So just wetting them after you take your down is the only way. I never thought of that surprisingly :lol:

eresh
June 7th, 2009, 02:58 PM
:D I figured that also out aft6er a while of getting frustrated
Wet the ends and comb and it dries normal :)

Aisha25
June 7th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I wonder why it happens I dont scrunch them up in the bun or nothing I wrap around:confused:

spidermom
June 7th, 2009, 03:25 PM
If your buns are anything like mine, after awhile the bun will start to twist and sag somewhat, and I think that causes the ends to get scrunched up, also being careless and just stuffing the ends under - I do that a lot. But wet and comb through, maybe add a little oil, and all will be right with the ends again.

Nyghtingale
June 7th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I never thought of wetting them either, thanks!

Aisha25
June 7th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Ahh yes that does happen to my buns they unravel and get caught. Thanks spidermom:)

spidermom
June 7th, 2009, 04:42 PM
You are welcome; glad to help.

Kiraela
June 7th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I'd never thought of that, either. I thought it was the price you had to pay for good buns! Thanks Spidermom, and Aisha for asking the question!

Aisha25
June 7th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Your welcome kiraela I am just glad im not the only one who goes through this. I thought I was the only one who had crazy ends:doh:

Renbirde
June 7th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I have hennaed tips on my dirty-blond hair, and I like to leave them sticking out from under the bun. They don't get kinked, and they make a fun sort of plume.