PDA

View Full Version : Kind of depressed

LadyEliza
June 7th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Probably due to health and medication, I've only had one inch of growth this year. I can't believe it. I had a small trim, but it was a micro trim - I saw how little hair there was on the floor after, so I know that not much came off.

I was 22 inches at the end of January. I used MN and got an inch of growth in Feb - 23 inches. And I'm STILL 23 inches!!! I've been using MN, and my hair looks healthy, but I've had a lot of shedding (like, hundred or so a day) and it's not growing. I blamed the antibiotics, but I've been off them for over a month. I eat well, lots of vegies and fruit, and plenty of water, very few carbonated drinks, although I do have a sweet tooth for M&Ms! (the mint ones! ummmmm)

I'm begining to think this is it, although in the past I've been as long as classic.

I'm not going to measure again until September 5th (my youngest son's birthday). I hope it's more then 23" then!

Flynn
June 7th, 2009, 01:59 AM
If you've been unwell, I can imagine it taking a little time for your growing mechanism to grind back into operation! Hair growth isn't one of the body's most important functions...

It's frustrating, but you'll get there! In the meanwhile, why not just enjoy the shiny healthiness without worrying too much about the growth?

embee
June 7th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Sorry you've been unwell. That saps the energy the body has for growth... it all goes to repair work for a while.

If I were in your situation I'd concentrate on my health and the health of my hair - and put away the measure. Your hair is long already, most hairdressers will tell you so, and will come at you with scissors. ;)

gmdiaz
June 7th, 2009, 05:55 AM
I am having really good luck with the kalajoni oil (from Amazon), using it as a scalp message treatment. I've noticed it helping a lot with shedding.

Maybe try that and some hair vitamins? I just bought some Nutricap hair vitamins but haven't received them yet but I've heard good things about those. They're at Amazon too.

And in the meantime, enjoy your beautiful hair! Maybe it's time for a new hair toy?

brok3nwings
June 7th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Im not sure but i think that when your body is in some kind of stress or something to deal with normally things less important like hair are left behind. So that is probably the reason, if you are feeling healthy now it shoudnt take long to recover. Good luck!

Gypsygirl
June 7th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I agree with the others, don't give up yet! I'd try eating really healthy for a while. Make sure you get lots of fresh air and exercise as well. :grouphug:

Fencai
June 7th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Im sorry you're not feeling well!
Just keep smiling, and thinking positive thoughts, it not only does the mind good, but the body as well!!!
Im sure you'll have a growth spurt soon!

jojo
June 7th, 2009, 10:38 AM
I am having the exact same issues, my slow growth (2" since December) is due to stress and not eating properly.

I am trying to get back on track and starting to eat a more balanced diet, I don't take vitamins as I forget but as long as your diet is varied and you are drinking at least 4 pints of water a day,you (we) should see a difference.

I do understand how frustrating it is but the more we stress about it, the more we retard the growth, so happy,possitive thoughts eh?

Autumnberry
June 7th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Is it possible that some hair grows very little in the cold months? My hair barely grew at all during the winter months--maybe 2 inches since January. Perhaps the summer weather will kick the growth rate up.

Fractalsofhair
June 7th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Sorry about illness! I can say my hair has grown less in the months since I had a seizure due to stress, and breakage does make hair growth look less.(I think I get 1 inch per month, but due to 75% plus of my hair breaking off, it's hard to say since I lose more hair than I grow!) Healing your body is more important than growing hair. I'm sure it will be longer in Dec, and sometimes people hit stalls in hair growth where it doesn't grow for a while.

abritta3
June 7th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Think happy thoughts! :) I too had to put away my measure for a while...and just be grateful that my hair was considered long...although not as long as I'd necessarily like...
I have become more appreciative of the health of my hair!!
I hope this helps!

Carolyn
June 7th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I read somewhere that it takes a minimum of 3 months to see changes, so if you've only been off the antibiotics for a month, then it's likely too soon to see any change. Also losing 100 hairs a day is average. It happens to many of us. It's only been a little over 5 months since the end of January so with an "average" growth rate, you could have grown 2 1/2". You grew an inch. So you are 1 1/2" behind. That's not that much for being sick and taking medications. Be patient and give it more time. Keep on eating well and being good to yourself. Do some scalp massages. You could try taking MSM. It might help cut down on the shedding.

French Braider
June 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Try drinking Stinging Nettle tea and also putting it in your hair. It helps hair growth and has lots of vitamins. It also helps with hair loss. [/URL]http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip8081.htm[/URL] might help you. Good luck with your hair growth.:)

CrystalStar
June 7th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Awww, please don't feel disheartened from this! One inch of growth is still one inch in the right direction :) Give it a few months and I bet your hair will be back growing healthy and fast!

spidermom
June 7th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Measuring is notoriously problematic. In the past, I've been able to tell that my hair was longer in pictures, but the tape measure told me that my hair had actually lost length. I think you should just concentrate on your health and put the measuring tape away. Take a length photo every month to three months; it's much more reassuring.

feralnature
June 7th, 2009, 01:52 PM
So sorry you are feeling down about your hair growth :( Do all things positive for your body and your hair will hopefully come around. Be sure to eat enough protein. Your hair needs it to grow and I saw where you only mentioned fruit and veggies. I assume that was an oversight, but just in case, I thought I would mention the protein. I take a good multivitamin, extra Vitamin C and 5,000 mcg Biotin everyday. (Also, MSM glucosamine for my old joints)...and I never miss. I am also tryng to eat the three power foods everyday: Broccholi, blueberries and walnuts. Supposed to be wonderful for human health:)

MuzicalH3rb
June 7th, 2009, 09:44 PM
*sending positives vibes and good energy your way*

enfys
June 8th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Since you've been ill, you body's gone "oh well, at least her head is warm" and decided for now your hair will have to cope while it gets on with other things.

Since you're off the antibiotics the only way is down once you get back on track.