PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Get My Avatar Back?

sky
March 9th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Do I need to request it again? Where is that done now?

Thank you,
sky

eadwine
March 9th, 2008, 07:55 AM
On the top, click user cp, all is in there on the left hand side.

Dianyla
March 9th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Do I need to request it again? Where is that done now?

You'll need to re-upload your avatar through your User Control Panel. Hopefully you still have that cute little licking kitten! :D

Shermie Girl
March 9th, 2008, 10:41 AM
It won't allow animated avatars. Unless some sweet, kind, lovely, wonderful, helpful, fabulous, gorgeous, splendiferous mod or admin could possibly override the no animated avatar thing like they could on the old site and load them for us?

sky
March 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM
You'll need to re-upload your avatar through your User Control Panel. Hopefully you still have that cute little licking kitten! :DI do! I do!!! But it won't let me use it. :-(

I stuck another "cat" avatar in its place, but nothing will ever take the place of my Lickin' Kitten!

Thank you, everyone, for the guidance. It IS rather nice to be able to manage our own avatars, isn't it? Must be a load off the staff. :lol:

Kittee
March 9th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Indeed. Plus we can alter ours more frequently now.

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 07:39 PM
We were always able to do so, if I recall correctly. There were just a few accounts that didn't have that ability.

LisaJaney
September 28th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Sky, did you have any luck finding that licking kitten again? I had my chicken UNanimated for a LONG time, and it worked. It was a moving avatar, but it wouldn't move here. It didn't stop me from uploading it, just bvecause it was a moving avatar...

Gee whiz, nothing like resurrecting an ANCIENT thread. I just had someone write to say that the avatar Sky uses right now is identical to another longtime member and it was confusing to see the same avatar for two people... Anyhow, my question still stands: were you able to find that little kitty? I remember it and it was adorable! I'd love to see it again!

Dianyla
September 30th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I keep getting confused between sky and Tabitha now.

sky - once you get to be a Guru (1000 posts and 1 year) you'll be able to have an animated lickin' kitten avatar again. :kitten:

PseudoScot
September 30th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Ooh yes, Sky, no offense but I get confused, too, between you and another long standing member here - I do remember the kitty though!

snowbear
September 30th, 2008, 10:13 PM
So I'm not insane? There really ARE two members with the same avatar? Phew!

Miss Murphy
September 30th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Wow, I'm as relieved as everybody else on this thread to find I'm not the only one who's confused. I'm such a visual person - it also throws me off when someone changes their avatar.

sky
October 1st, 2008, 12:36 AM
Jeeze, I am sorry to be so tardy in responding! LOL Bin busy.

I have the Lickin' Kitten file stored on my HD.......would really like to get it back again. Do you think that's possible now?

Thanks!

sky
24 inches

sky
October 1st, 2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I keep getting confused between sky and Tabitha now.

sky - once you get to be a Guru (1000 posts and 1 year) you'll be able to have an animated lickin' kitten avatar again. :kitten:

Well that will be great! It really is confusing to have two of us w/ the same avatar, much as I love the Cat/Lion Mirror one.

Thanks!

sky
24 inches

LisaJaney
October 1st, 2008, 06:16 AM
Oh Sky, I LOVE that avatar! Get chatty, Girl, and get yourself up to that 1,000 post mark! I want to see that lickykitty again, too!!! Chat chat chat!!!! That's an ORDER!

sky
October 1st, 2008, 09:24 AM
Hey, looka my new avatar!!!!!

Didn't mean to confuse anyone. Now, I'll just bet NO ONE else has the Lenox china Holiday Dimension sugar bowl as their avatar.

If I start chatting my fool head off, I can have the Lickin' Kitten back by Christmas, so look out!!!

:run::run::run:

I'm off and running! :lol:

btw, I am searching for this sugar bowl to go w/ the creamer I have.....if anybody knows of one for sale, please let me know!

Thank you, all.

PseudoScot
October 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM
Wow, that's a really pretty piece of Lenox! I will remember that for sure! :D

sky
October 1st, 2008, 10:27 PM
Thank you, PseudoScot! It's my very fave china.....dressed up for the holidays. :lol:

I think Lenox Eternal is the most beautiful "wedding ring" china I've ever seen......a lovely ivory body w/ a gold "wedding ring" band. I've lusted after it for years and some time ago was lucky enough to acquire a service for 8.

Then I discovered the Lenox outlet store about 15 miles from home and added some Holiday, some Eternal serving pieces, including a stunning teapot, and a few other Lenox patterns that do not match, but blend very nicely w/ the main set. All at very attractive prices! Lenox ain't exactly cheap.

But, I missed getting the sugar bowl when the store closed down, so therein hangs the Tale of the Frustrated Tea Drinker. I cannot use my Lenox to serve tea; just have to make do w/ the Old Country Roses. sigh....Life is Hard. :rolleyes:

Then I learned to my sorrow that this danged sugar bowl is nearly extinct and I am forced into the secondary market....read "more expensive". Would you believe this little darling, could I locate it, will cost over $125.00 USD? That's a whole lotta sugar!

Probably more than you ever wanted to know, eh? Just thought it was mildly interesting is all.....

sky

PseudoScot
October 1st, 2008, 10:40 PM
Wow! That is expensive. It was interesting, too! :D What a wonderful find, though I am sorry you are missing a piece!

I found a beautiful 4 cup/saucer set of vintage Moss Rose Royal Albert china in a charity sale, and not seconds either. I left it with a friend, a good friend, and it's been awhile so I consider it hers now. But one day I do want a full set of that or Moonlight Rose one day. One can only hope, that stuff can get so expensive!

FrannyG
October 2nd, 2008, 04:26 AM
Hey, looka my new avatar!!!!!

Didn't mean to confuse anyone. Now, I'll just bet NO ONE else has the Lenox china Holiday Dimension sugar bowl as their avatar.

If I start chatting my fool head off, I can have the Lickin' Kitten back by Christmas, so look out!!!

:run::run::run:

I'm off and running! :lol:

btw, I am searching for this sugar bowl to go w/ the creamer I have.....if anybody knows of one for sale, please let me know!

Thank you, all.

I'm looking at your join date and then at mine, and I'm thinking, yes, if you yap your fool head off like me, you will undoubtedly have Lickin' Kitten by Christmas. It's really quite easy, as I can attest. :o

I think your current avatar is lovely though, and very distinctive. I admit to being confused a time or two by your previous avatar. Or maybe I'm just confused. :ponder:

Thanks for sharing a little bit about it. :)

harpgal
October 2nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
But, I missed getting the sugar bowl when the store closed down, so therein hangs the Tale of the Frustrated Tea Drinker. I cannot use my Lenox to serve tea; just have to make do w/ the Old Country Roses. sigh....Life is Hard. :rolleyes:

Then I learned to my sorrow that this danged sugar bowl is nearly extinct and I am forced into the secondary market....read "more expensive". Would you believe this little darling, could I locate it, will cost over $125.00 USD? That's a whole lotta sugar!Sky, try this link (http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_dmptZDecorativeQ5fCollectiblesQQ_fromZR46?_n kw=Lenox+Holiday+china&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=Lenox+Christmas+china&_osacat=0). You may find what you are looking for (http://cgi.ebay.com/LENOX-CHINA-HOLIDAY-SUGAR-BOWL-AND-LID-1ST-QUALITY_W0QQitemZ330275800849QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem330275800849&_trkparms=72%3A1240%7C39%3A2%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14). Pig out, my dear! :)

sky
October 4th, 2008, 10:27 AM
harpgal thank you for the link....I found it! :cheese:Only just not certain it's the same size as my creamer. Lenox makes a "mini" set and a full-sized set as well. Just fired off a question to the seller, so should know in a couple days. DH says I can order it for my holiday present.....such a Sweetie-Pie...he'll do *anything* to keep from shopping! :lol:

sky

sky
October 4th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I'm looking at your join date and then at mine, and I'm thinking, yes, if you yap your fool head off like me, you will undoubtedly have Lickin' Kitten by Christmas. It's really quite easy, as I can attest. :o

I think your current avatar is lovely though, and very distinctive. I admit to being confused a time or two by your previous avatar. Or maybe I'm just confused. :ponder:

Thanks for sharing a little bit about it. :)Well, I'm purty danged good at talking! :lol: I hope to get the Lickin' Kitten back by Christmas.....it will be nice to see his fuzzy face again....he's a dead ringer for a beloved Turkish Angora I lost years ago. Little Brother used to sit outside the window and lick the glass, too! It's kinda like having him back again.....

I like the sugar bowl avatar, too. It's a very clean image that really *pops*.

Glad I didn't bore you w/ my Tale. ;)

sky

sky
October 4th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Wow! That is expensive. It was interesting, too! :D What a wonderful find, though I am sorry you are missing a piece!

I found a beautiful 4 cup/saucer set of vintage Moss Rose Royal Albert china in a charity sale, and not seconds either. I left it with a friend, a good friend, and it's been awhile so I consider it hers now. But one day I do want a full set of that or Moonlight Rose one day. One can only hope, that stuff can get so expensive!
I have to share my "secret" with you!

A few years ago I was wandering around Costco when I came across a 20-piece service for four of Lenox "Eternal". It was $200.00. <gulp!!!>

I simply could not afford it at that time. But I kept looking for it to come back when I could pry loose the money sometime later.

Well, you know how Costco is......you may never see it again. I kept looking and I kept seeing the Royal Albert Old Country Roses service for four and it was only $150.00, but I just didn't *love* it the way I did Eternal.

Eternal has very clean, classic lines, an ivory body and the best "feel" ever. Old Country Roses has a Roccoco style, a white body and really bold red and yellow roses. Big difference!

Then one day while wandering Costco it suddenly struck me that I actually might not ever see Eternal come back and I would never have a nice set of china, so I bought two of the services for 4, took them home and began to enjoy them fully. They were a wee bit "frilly", but I liked it anyway.

Then, of course, here came Eternal again at Costco!!! :lol: So I had to have that one, too!

And then Costco began to have Lenox Holiday and Old Country Roses serving pieces at the holiday times, so I ended up w/ a coffee service, tidbit server, platters and so on.

Between Costco and the Lenox outlet store, I have a china cupboard stuffed w/ wonderful china.

I use them several times a year....for Spring dinner, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, for tea w/ my girlfriends, so I get good use of both sets.

And they will go to my granddaughter, so I think of all this as an investment, rather than an expense. At least, that's how *I* justifiy it.

But bottom line, I have never paid retail for any of it! Gotta luv that! :cheese:

So go look around Costco during the holidays....you may surprise yourself w/ some Royal Albert.

sky