PDA

View Full Version : Any fine (F) and i/ii with looooong hair out there?

wahmof9
June 6th, 2009, 05:04 PM
That is my category and I'd love to see pictures of people who hair like mine...that might encourage me in this very lengthy process of growing my hair for the first time in almost 30 years!

Lamb
June 6th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I have no hair to write home about, just wanted to share a tip:
Go to "Members List", then click "search for members". You can specify your search in terms of hairtype from there. :flower:

marialena
June 6th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Mine is fine and i but I'm not sure that are so looooong .. :)

Tornerose
June 6th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I don't know how you define "loooooong" but I've seen lots of people with waistlenght and some even longer that are in the F-category.

Also, seeing as I'm not sure I'm allowed to link directly to other users profiles, I will second what Lamb said. Search the list for your hairtype, and you'll be pleasently suprised.

SpecialKitty
June 6th, 2009, 07:40 PM
There are many "fine and long" LHC members - and a couple of threads about this too. Check out this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19980) for a good start.....

Unnamed
June 6th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Mine probably qualifies as 'looooong', and it's both (super) fine and on the thinner side.

Definitely try the member search especially with 'F' (and maybe 'F/M') and 'i' and/or 'i/ii'. :)

Firefly
June 7th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Mine is F-i/ii and waist length as you can see in the sig photo. I'm probably not a good one to judge by though, I am growing out about 4" of past abuse on the ends!

natt i nord
June 7th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I'm F, ii and at BSL. I can post a new photo later if wanted, or you can check my album. :) At the moment they're in a SMT.

I love F hair which is long, it looks very beautiful. It's rubbish to say "fine hair can't be long".

jojo
June 7th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I am a fine hair not long,long but BSL,need to change the thickness thing on avatarits more i/ii now!

Lamb
June 7th, 2009, 10:38 AM
I am a fine hair not long,long but BSL,need to change the thickness thing on avatarits more i/ii now!
Ouch! How did that happen? :(

wahmof9
June 7th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I have no hair to write home about, just wanted to share a tip:
Go to "Members List", then click "search for members". You can specify your search in terms of hairtype from there. :flower:
Really? Thanks for the tip!

wahmof9
June 7th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Mine is fine and i but I'm not sure that are so looooong .. :)
Long and g:cheese:orgous!

wahmof9
June 7th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Mine probably qualifies as 'looooong', and it's both (super) fine and on the thinner side.

Definitely try the member search especially with 'F' (and maybe 'F/M') and 'i' and/or 'i/ii'. :)
Wow! Beautiful! That gives me hope than you!

bunnii
June 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Not sure mine is considered long here, my siggy pic is a year out of date, oh my! Thanks, you've reminded me to update it :) I'm on my way to hip (I think) i'll have a new pic soon :)

wahmof9
June 7th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Not sure mine is considered long here, my siggy pic is a year out of date, oh my! Thanks, you've reminded me to update it :) I'm on my way to hip (I think) i'll have a new pic soon :)
And it is gorgeous! It actually looks very thick!

hippie girl
June 7th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I pretty much fall in that category, but mine is straight like marialena and unnamed. 1a.

It is possible to grow fine hair long. Mine has a definite taper. I think is because my fine hair tends to break more easily, even with good treatment. Others have a more blunt hemline than mine at the same length, but I don't think mine will ever be blunt like that at a real long length. I don't think there is much I could do to make it any different. My sides tend to grow real slow, and always seem much shorter than the back.
I suppose I could cut it back and try to have a blunt line, but I don't really give it too much thought in reality. It just is what it is.

hellkitty
June 8th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I don't have a picture of it--how the heck do you ladies do that?!--but I am here to bring serious hope. Mine is fine, rather unexcitingly dark, but long. Quite honestly, I can sit on it if it's loose (one reason I never wear it loose!) Braided it's Classic length. It so totally CAN be done.

And I only found this site less than a month ago, so just imagine the horrible shape my longest parts are probably in!

If you keep growing it, have patience, and take good care of it, fineness will not condemn you to shorter hair. In fact, you're already probably taking way better care of it than I did, so when yours IS long, it will be in much better shape than mine is!

HK

Alun
June 8th, 2009, 06:31 PM
That's my hair type, more or less, and my hair is just touching my waist. I have wavy hair, so that shortens it a bit. I don't have a pic of the back of my head, though.

freznow
June 9th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Mine's quite fine, almost 3" circumference, and fingertip. I love my hair.

nimeera
June 9th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I have very fine hair, and it is at classic length with fairy tail ends. I kinda like it that way. I can do many updos, and they are not so heavy to give me a headache. when I wear my hair down to perform, you can still see the decoration on the back of my costume. It doesn't take forever to wash or dry. In short, it is still very manageable even at classic length!

wahmof9
June 9th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Mine's quite fine, almost 3" circumference, and fingertip. I love my hair.
My circumference is only 2 5/8":cheese:

Savvyhorsez
June 9th, 2009, 10:42 AM
I'm not exactly sure what the i/ii means in your thread yet, but I think I have very fine hair, maybe an inch in diameter. I'll hopefully get new updated pictures soon!

natt i nord
June 9th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Savvyhorsez: See here: click (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=8954)
That's the way most people here type their hair. It makes it quite much easier to help one when they has some problems with their hair.

If you figured out what hair type you are you can show us in your profile. To do this you just click on User CP, then Edit details and then scroll down. There are fields to write that in, right under those for the length. :)

If you need help with hairtyping, feel free to ask for help!

JamieLeigh
June 9th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Well, don't know if you'd consider this "looooong"...but my hair is definitely F and ii. :D (Man, I gotta take some new photos, lol)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2327&pictureid=33230

Savvyhorsez
June 9th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Savvyhorsez: See here: click (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=8954)
That's the way most people here type their hair. It makes it quite much easier to help one when they has some problems with their hair.

If you figured out what hair type you are you can show us in your profile. To do this you just click on User CP, then Edit details and then scroll down. There are fields to write that in, right under those for the length. :)

If you need help with hairtyping, feel free to ask for help!

Oh neat! Thanks Natt i nord!

I found out that I'm 1a/F/i.:)

Angelica
June 9th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Oh that's fabulous to see so many fine haired people with such great lengths. Unfortunately I have just had to resort to cutting off two inches of mine today as I saw the ends looking pathetically thin and transparent. Also the sides were growing faster than the centre. I have always had the hair length I've got, I just don't seem to gain any length at all. I put it all down to genetics as I never had very long hair as a child. I used to think it was down to it being so fine.

I don't love my hair, was thinking about cutting it all off today - but decided against it. I am just so fed up with it not gaining any length.

I followed the self-trimmers guide I got here and it does feel better.