PDA

View Full Version : Something's Behind Me!!

Nyghtingale
June 6th, 2009, 12:06 PM
As I was walking to the bathroom this morning, something brushed my thigh. shudder: I twirled around and it hit my thigh again!!! :scared:

It was my hair, lol. I felt silly and happy at the same time. :happydance:

rose_in_bloom
June 6th, 2009, 12:33 PM
LOL yes! I remember doing that when my hair was at hip length. Especially in the shower...I would always think there was a spider on me. :lol:

DaveDecker
June 6th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Congratulations! :applause Additional surprises await as you grow longer. :)

LittleOrca
June 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Woot! :cheese:

If it had been me I would have screamed, then it really would have been silly:silly:

Nyghtingale
June 6th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I always wash it bent over in the tub, and have been wearing my hair up so much because of the humidity that I missed it, lol.
Needless to say that I woke my whole family to see my hair. My son says "nice mom, now put on some pants", LOL

Lioness
June 6th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Congratulations! I can't wait till my hair gets that long :p
LOL @ your son's comment

Eryka
June 6th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Congrats and welcome to the club

Nyghtingale
June 7th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks, I am very excited.

I was beginning to think I was at terminal since it hadn't grown much in the last couple of months.

Maybe I can reach knee next...:pray:

jera
June 7th, 2009, 02:42 PM
That is so cool ! Congrats. I'd rather feel something like that than not feel it. :)

misstwist
June 7th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I've been noticing that on my arms and lower back in the last week or so. It's cool, isn't it!?!

swanns
June 7th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Congrats! It's funny when that happens, and makes you feel a bit dumb :p

Nyghtingale
June 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I know, I felt silly when I realized what it was, but too excited not to wake everyone up, lol

spidermom
June 7th, 2009, 03:36 PM
What a terrific story; haha - the small joys of growing hair.

gmdiaz
June 7th, 2009, 03:42 PM
That's so funny. . .it's happened to me too.

Kiraela
June 7th, 2009, 05:23 PM
My hair has done that to me (only tickling my bum) it was like, 'who the...' oh, wait. hair. That's right.

Your son's comment made me giggle!

skay
June 7th, 2009, 06:59 PM
As I was walking to the bathroom this morning, something brushed my thigh. shudder: I twirled around and it hit my thigh again!!! :scared:

It was my hair, lol. I felt silly and happy at the same time. :happydance:

That's great! I can only imagine - I recently noticed my dutch braids (APL length) thumping on my shoulder blades - coolness!

Nyghtingale
June 7th, 2009, 07:16 PM
It hasn't been that long ago that I would hold my head back so I could feel it on my back.

Spiffyhink
June 7th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Man, my hair's been pretty long for years and I STILL do that! But then, I'm a dork :o

What really bothers me is when I have that ONE hair that's almost shed itself, but not quite, and ends up tickling my feet for thirty minutes straight. My hairs are so fine and blond that it takes me forever to find the culprit. Gaaaaah!

Carina
June 7th, 2009, 11:39 PM
That was a funny thing to experience I must say.I can't wait to have that happen to me.But I have to wait a few years.But better late than never :cheese:.

Redheaded Raven
June 7th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Congrats! the fun adventure we have with long hair

longhairedfairy
June 8th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Lol! I wish mine would do that!
My hair has always been at least close to waist-length (except when I was really small, of course) and sometimes I still get startled, thinking there's a bug on my arm. It just makes me laugh.:D

Cassi
June 8th, 2009, 01:00 AM
I look forward to being spooked by my hair!! How wonderful :)

Sarah4983
June 8th, 2009, 10:36 AM
hahaha this made me laugh!! I want my hair to be that long :p

JamieLeigh
June 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM
LOL, you gotta love the "you know you're a longhair if...." moments. :D

hazelnut
June 9th, 2009, 08:28 PM
LOL!! You had me going there for a second.:) I can't wait to experience this!

Nyghtingale
June 9th, 2009, 08:43 PM
LOL, you gotta love the "you know you're a longhair if...." moments. :D

I know, lol

nicolezoie
June 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM
:D I remember the first time my braid tassle thumped my hand when I was walking quickly... actually got mad thinking someone had flicked my hair back at me, but no, it was just my braid, doing what it did best...