PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Questions?

mommy101405
April 8th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I see a lot mentioning they dilute their shampoo. Can you explain the logistics of that? How do I get it in my hair after I water if down. Sorry if I'm being a goober, I'm just trying to picture how I'd do that.

Also there's a lot of talk of cones, no cones, shampoo bars, etc. Does anyone alternate? Like could I use my reg cone shampoo and shampoo bar every other day? Has anyone has any luck with that or am I just asking for trouble. Is it going to screw up my hair?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer all my silly newbie questions :cheese:

AJoifulNoise
April 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM
You have to toy around and figure out what works for you. Try alternating different things. If it works for you, do it! If not, try something else. I alternate using conditioners with cones and conditioners that are cone-free.

As for diluting shampoo... I put about 1.5-2 TBS in a cup and fill it the rest of the way with warm water then stir. I pour the mix on my head and scrub. Some people put the diluted shampoo in a bottle with a small opening (like the kind that's used to color hair) so they can apply it directly to the scalp.

OhioLisa
April 8th, 2008, 06:51 PM
You can dilute your shampoo in an applicator bottle from any local beauty supply. Works great for getting the poo exactly where you want / need.

As for switching, some people here might recommend it, others not. It will really depend on what your hair likes. It's really just going to be a matter of trial and error for you. Any "messing up" of your hair should be easily corrected. No permanent damage... no worries.

ETA: I swear I didn't mean to copy you, AJoifulNoise. Slow typing tonight, I suppose. ;)

starfire
April 8th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I switch it up and use whatever I feel like using on a given day. Hasn't made my hair any worse (or any better!). I like variety.

AJoifulNoise
April 8th, 2008, 06:57 PM
ETA: I swear I didn't mean to copy you, AJoifulNoise. Slow typing tonight, I suppose. ;)

Haha, I did see that. I think it just makes our information more credible. :D