PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else start their CO on dry hair?

Heavenly Locks
June 6th, 2009, 02:52 AM
My hair is having some issues, I think it's the humidity/weather change. It will feel a little dry and then go all icky damp/greasy feeling at the scalp while the length is dry feeling.

I COed yesterday with the same stuff I've been using (and up until now it has been with great success). The happy clean feeling only lasted one day so I COed tonight, but started with dry hair. I used probably twice as much conditioner and I clipped it up and stepped into the shower...finished up, got a tad of water on my hair, scrubbed the scalp and rinsed.

Wow. It's NICE. It's like when I stared COing :)

I don't know if I just haven't been using enough conditioner, not massaging enough or not rinsing... :shrug: Do you find that your hair is oilier during different weather/seasons?

LittleOrca
June 6th, 2009, 03:00 AM
I am not sure how my CO routine will change with the coming heat. This is my first year here and I am eager to get some tips from this thread.

Heidi_234
June 6th, 2009, 04:01 AM
It's possible that dry hair absorbs product better than wet hair (that's why it's recommended to wet hair prior going to the pool). Is your conditioner water based? You can still save some, if you wet your comb and run though your hair. It will make it damp, but not wet enough that less conditioner is getting to the hair.

LiraelQ
June 6th, 2009, 06:25 AM
When I CO, I alternate using it on dry and wet hair. I think it doesn't affect my results THAT much, but I feel I'm a lot more thorough if I apply it to dry hair. I can get it all the way through my hair to my scalp, which is a difficult thing to do, especially if my hair is wet. Once it's evenly applied, I usually wet it with a tad of hot shower water and massage it around to get some lather, but then leave it alone until I'm really ready to do the "wash" part.

So, yeah, my hair gets a little cleaner, but I think it's just because I'm more methodical, and I don't just glob it all on.

MandaMom2Three
June 6th, 2009, 06:26 AM
I'm going to trey this! My hair has been dry a lot lately, I just did a treatment on dry hair for the first time and it worked great!

kwaniesiam
June 6th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Back when I was a CO washer (over a year ago now) when I had that issue, I'd do an SMT on dry hair. I found that plain conditioner on dry hair didn't do much but suck up extra product.

Michele
June 6th, 2009, 06:36 AM
I find that when i use a LOT of conditioner it works better than when i'd use less. But this is getting quite expensive, since i can't find a cheap conditioner that works well.. :-(

paper
June 6th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I CO on dry hair, and use tons of Conditioner. My hair gets really clean and soft.

carloota
June 6th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I've recently gone back to CO. I'm looking forward to trying this out. :)

Carolyn
June 6th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I do what I call my long CO soaks on dry hair and use tons of conditioner. Yes my hair soaks up the conditoner but I think that's the point.