PDA

View Full Version : experimenting on my head

MandaMom2Three
June 5th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Ok, my hair has been TERRIBLY dry lately. It needs a deep moisture treatment but a good SMT didn't do much. So I have an experiment on my head right now. I mixed together about 1 cup of mayo, 2 egg yolks and some patchouli oil. I'd have added some honey but I'm out. I applied it to DRY hair and tucked it up in a shower cap. I'll wash out in half an hour (with cool water so I don't end up with egg salad in my hair!) Here's hoping it will help!

Fractalsofhair
June 5th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Sounds great! The yolks will add fat and protein, along with the fat from the mayo. Even just a hot oil treatment might do you well if you're gentle in the removal of it. I have EXTREMELY dry hair naturally so if you have any questions, just ask!

physicschick
June 5th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Somehow I misread this as "experimenting on the dead". :oops:

(No, I have nothing useful to contribute. :lol: )

Speckla
June 5th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Hmmm...you need celery, salt, and some wholewheat bread...oh, sorry, this is for your hair. I thought you were making a new egg salad. :D

keep us posted....

Kiraela
June 5th, 2009, 06:23 PM
That sounds delicious! Um. Maybe I'm just hungry. It sounds like it should work, though. Good luck!

MandaMom2Three
June 5th, 2009, 07:40 PM
oooooooooooh, my hair is sooooooo silky now :D !!!! I CWCed it out and I was surprised how easy it came out, I was expecting a hard time with it!. My hair loved it!!! So soft!! Maybe I'll try adding an egg yolk and a big scoop of mayo to my SMT's!

Speckla
June 5th, 2009, 07:41 PM
oooooooooooh, my hair is sooooooo silky now :D !!!! I CWCed it out and I was surprised how easy it came out, I was expecting a hard time with it!. My hair loved it!!! So soft!! Maybe I'll try adding an egg yolk and a big scoop of mayo to my SMT's!

Next time add a big scoop of tuna and :cheese:. j/k

Pictures?

GlassEyes
June 5th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Sounds like you needed protein, so that'd work. XD

MandaMom2Three
June 5th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I wondered if that wasn't what it wanted. Maybe next time I'll throw in a steak :p

Kiraela
June 6th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Haha! I'm glad it worked! (hey, if you're grilling steaks, can I have one?)

(I just realized this is my 750th post! woo hoo!)