PDA

View Full Version : How do you, personally, deep condition your hair?

lizzyjo
June 5th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I'm wondering how many different ways there are to deep condition, which products are used, and which methods are the most popular.

I'll go first. Before a shower I'll coat my DRY hair with conditioner and put it up for 1/2 an hour or so before I wash it out. (I use conditioner on dry hair because my hair absorbs more of it; with wet hair a lot of it runs out.) I do this about every other week.

Post yours!

Dars
June 5th, 2009, 12:59 AM
I'm irregular with deep conditioning. The last time was two weeks ago I tried that Henna'n'Placenta mask. I usually don't try things twice. But I have made up concoctions of olive oil, eggs, honey, etc. to use as a mask. I also apply treatments to my hair dry and wrap up in cling flim and leave for a desired amount of time.

manderly
June 5th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I do all sorts depending on what i have on hand and my mood. I do find that an SMT is the most effective though. Usually in towel dried hair, saran wrapped, and wrapped in a hot towel for about an hour or so :)

blondecat
June 5th, 2009, 02:00 AM
for the benifit of any newbies here, can you please explain SMT. :) :)
TIA

[I d look for the links but the migrain meds have not kicked in yet.]

lizzyjo
June 5th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Here's the thread to SMT: http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=14635

hennaphile
June 5th, 2009, 03:07 AM
oil, then condition out with a good thick conditioner :)

Henna/cassia work wonders too.

Heidi_234
June 5th, 2009, 03:42 AM
I do the following mix (which resembles SMT alot):
Honey, deep treatment (natural and coneless) hair mask, nature gate's conditioner, and a spoon of EVOO. I mix it very very well, the I wet my hair, and apply it. I bag my length for an hour at least (two at most because I'm impatient), and wash out with water (sometimes I use conditioner after I wash out if hair feels tangly for a reason). I do it weekly, and it's been working like magic.

EvaSimone
June 5th, 2009, 04:18 AM
I get my length damp, coat it in my favorite coneless conditioner, rinse the conditioner out and towel dry hair, apply EVOO generously on the wet parts. Braid and leave alone over night.

Gothic Lolita
June 5th, 2009, 05:00 AM
I always put stuff on damp hair, this way it works best for me.
Either I just slather on any oil I have on hand or I'll put on a heavy conditioner (mostly Sante Brillant Care) sometimes with a Red Enhancing hair masl mixed or a tiny spoon of henna and leave it on as long as I wish before shampooing it out

Buddaphlyy
June 5th, 2009, 07:40 AM
First I shampoo and blot out as much water as I can. Then I apply my DC (usually a cholesterol or conditioner marked as DC mixed with honey and salt), put on a plastic cap and sit under a warm heat cap for 35 minutes. Let hair cool for 10 minutes and the rinse.

Gothic Lolita
June 5th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Budda: I wonder what the salt in your mix does? Do you use it to exfoliate your scalp or has it other properties? I'm curious!

Michele
June 5th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I usually oil heavily with coconut oil, or sometimes when i feel like it i do this cholesterol treatment, i leave oil on over night with a scarf over it. And the cholesterol i usually have on for about half an hour to an hour :-)

Heidi_234
June 5th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Just googled the cholesterol treatment after hearing about it so much, and:

Ingredients
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, cholesterol, Lanolin, Myristamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Phophate, Cetraimonium Chloride, Keratin Amino Acids, Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Methlparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6, FD&C Red #40, D&C Red #33.
No thanks.

Delila
June 5th, 2009, 10:10 AM
My basic deep treatment structure goes like this:

Protein
Moisture
Porosity Control Conditioner
Oils

Most of the time I use Nexxus Emergencee as my protein treatment, PM SuperCharged Moisturizer as moisture, and VO5 Hot Oil as my oils, but sometimes I'll vary it depending on whatever there is in my stash that needs to be used up and that I'm curious to experiment with in m deep treatment routine, but I keep going back to these because they seem to work well for me.

I do the first three steps with a heat cap for at least 15 minutes, but if I'm watching a movie or something I may get distracted and leave them in longer. No harm done, so far as I can tell.

Buddaphlyy
June 5th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Budda: I wonder what the salt in your mix does? Do you use it to exfoliate your scalp or has it other properties? I'm curious!

Salt has natural detangling properties (or so I've heard) so it helps loosen my coils some. So when mixed with the honey (a natural humectant) and conditioner, it allows more moisture to get into my hair.

No thanks.

Do you know the name of the cholesterol? Because I have tried several cholesterols throughout my life time and I can only think of 1 or 2 that have MO in the ingredients. The one I use (Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream) and most, if not all, Lustrasilk ones don't.

spidermom
June 5th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I don't deep condition very often; my hair doesn't seem to need it. About a year ago my stylist did a protein treatment followed by a moisture treatment, and it made my hair feel so wonderful that I decided I'd have her do it once or twice a year.

Deborah
June 5th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I simply don't. With fine, sleek textured hair, deep conditioning does not seem to do anything at all for my hair. I CO mostly, but never use that second conditioner most ladies use. I just do an ACV or citric acid rinse, because I have very hard water, and I'm done. Back when I used shampoo, I seldom used conditioner then either. It seemed to just coat my hair. It's all about hair type, I guess.

GlassEyes
June 5th, 2009, 11:11 AM

No thanks.

That's a general term for any cholesterol treatment. Not all of them contain mineral oil.

Heidi_234
June 5th, 2009, 11:14 AM
That's a general term for any cholesterol treatment. Not all of them contain mineral oil.
Queen Helen's seems to be the one raved so much about, so I looked it up (forgot to put a reference link, my bad).

GlassEyes
June 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Queen Helen's seems to be the one raved so much about, so I looked it up (forgot to put a reference link, my bad).

Everything made by Queen Helene has mineral oil. xD;

That said, sometimes mineral oil isn't THAT bad. It's crud for my hair, but a lot of others seem to like it.

Eden Iris
June 5th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Full-strength henna twice a year, henna and yogurt glosses twice a year. My hair doesn't really like deep conditioning other than that. My scalp is dry, but my hair is not.

TokyoPink
June 5th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Olive oil and lemon juice on dry hair then left overnight works for me, but i like to experiment by mixing this with honey, chamomile or, once I get my hands on it, some rhubarb root. I also recommend Lush's deep conditioning treatments if you need a quick fix and you dont mind SLS.

As a protein treatment I just whisk up an egg and slap it on my hair for 5 mins, then wash out with shampoo.

Gothic Lolita
June 5th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Ok, I've googled it and these cholesterol treatments seem to be god for frizzy and tangly hair. But I've never seen anything like that in my drugstore . Can anybody suggest a brand that's also available in Germany or at least tell e what these cholesterol procucts might be called in Germany? I've never seen a product labeled with it.

redneckprincess
June 5th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I am in the process of finding my "perfect product" But every time I try a new one (and im on my fith kind as we speek {blog should apear soon im waiting to have the update to post it} But no matter what I use I apply in same manner..
I shampoo and conditioner towel dry and apply the product massage into hair and scalp, making sure to completly saturate hair, wrap in plastic shower cap (sallys sells them 3 for like a dollar i think and like 100 for $7 if you need that many, lol I just rince them and reuse) anyways I put the cap on and a twistie turban towel thingy, I leave it on for at least 5 hours or more, its not going to hurt it (is it?) get in the shower at the end of the day and rince with lukewarm water massaging to make sure it completly rinces out. and finish with a cooler final rince....read my blogs to see products i tried and how they worked...and check back soon as i will be posting about this product on my head right now....and **inside scoop** I think I may have 2 favorites. hmmm ♥

Heidi_234
June 5th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Do you know the name of the cholesterol? Because I have tried several cholesterols throughout my life time and I can only think of 1 or 2 that have MO in the ingredients. The one I use (Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream) and most, if not all, Lustrasilk ones don't.
Queen Helen's. It's the one talked rave about on the boards (I wasn't even aware there where others honestly speaking). If there are others, without the nasty stuff, how wierd this is the one so popular in here.

That said, sometimes mineral oil isn't THAT bad. It's crud for my hair, but a lot of others seem to like it.
Well, it's an individual choice. Cones or no cones, MO or no MO, preservatives or no preservatives. I personally avoid anything that requires SLS to be removed, as SLS is banned from my routine. Whatever other people choose to use is up to them, even though I read some scary health concerns regarding mineral oil. :shrug:

EvasOodie
June 5th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Yesterday I mashed up a very ripe banana and added 1 tablespoon of olive oil after I put that on I warmed some olive oil and applied that. I left it on for an hour and washed it out. It left a very light banana smell put after I put my regular conditioner on and and rinsed the smell was gone.

Canarygirl
June 5th, 2009, 12:45 PM
My basic deep treatment structure goes like this:
Protein
Moisture
Porosity Control Conditioner
Oils
Most of the time I use Nexxus Emergencee as my protein treatment, PM SuperCharged Moisturizer as moisture, and VO5 Hot Oil as my oils, but sometimes I'll vary it depending on whatever there is in my stash that needs to be used up and that I'm curious to experiment with in m deep treatment routine, but I keep going back to these because they seem to work well for me.

I do the first three steps with a heat cap for at least 15 minutes, but if I'm watching a movie or something I may get distracted and leave them in longer. No harm done, so far as I can tell.

Delila, what is "porosity control conditioner?" Is it cone-free?

theshadowpuppet
June 5th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Yesterday I mashed up a very ripe banana and added 1 tablespoon of olive oil after I put that on I warmed some olive oil and applied that. I left it on for an hour and washed it out. It left a very light banana smell put after I put my regular conditioner on and and rinsed the smell was gone.

I've heard of using bananas before, but what exactly do they do for hair? Just add moisture?

Madame J
June 5th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I do the following mix (which resembles SMT alot):
Honey, deep treatment (natural and coneless) hair mask, nature gate's conditioner, and a spoon of EVOO. I mix it very very well, the I wet my hair, and apply it. I bag my length for an hour at least (two at most because I'm impatient), and wash out with water (sometimes I use conditioner after I wash out if hair feels tangly for a reason). I do it weekly, and it's been working like magic.

Which Nature's Gate conditioner do you use? If it's the daily herbal, do you find the scent lingers quite a bit? I bought a bottle of it to use for a potential SMT, but I didn't smell it first (was on sale) and it's very strong.

wintersun99
June 5th, 2009, 01:39 PM

EvasOodie
June 5th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I've heard of using bananas before, but what exactly do they do for hair? Just add moisture?

It adds moisture and it made my hair really soft and shiny. I love it. I'm gonna use it again soon.

LadyLongLocks
June 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I condition mine with a mixture of purified water,virgin coconut oil, conditioner and almond oil.
I mix about 1/3 C water and 1/3 C condish with 1-2 TBSP coconut oil and a squirt of almond oil. I microwave this until it is warm, wisk it and dip my hair in, squeeze out the excess and put it in a bun. Sometimes I warm the bun with the blow dryer. I apply it to the last 18" of my hair for at least 30 minutes. Then I shampoo.

LittleOrca
June 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I soak my hair in VO5's Moisture Milk Strawberries and cream. It works great for me!

I also use a deep conditioning cream on my ends from time to time.

Heidi_234
June 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Which Nature's Gate conditioner do you use? If it's the daily herbal, do you find the scent lingers quite a bit? I bought a bottle of it to use for a potential SMT, but I didn't smell it first (was on sale) and it's very strong.
I use this one (http://www.natures-gate.com/shop/showitem.asp?ProductId=42276532&menuId=209&withLinks=1).
http://www.natures-gate.com/images/products/NGOFB-persimmon-cond_300x330.jpg
It's got a distinct scent, possibly strong but it doesn't linger in the hair once rinsed out. Also I use relatively small dosage of it in my mix, so overall it doesn't bother me. But that's coming from a person who doesn't find indigo smelling too bad lol. :p

Fractalsofhair
June 5th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I use coconut oil, in a large amount on dry hair. Then I take a blow dryer and heat up the oil and let it sit for a few hours. Then I rinse out gently and deal with greasy hair for a few days. Works wonders though!

Buddaphlyy
June 5th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Queen Helen's. It's the one talked rave about on the boards (I wasn't even aware there where others honestly speaking). If there are others, without the nasty stuff, how wierd this is the one so popular in here.

Well, it's an individual choice. Cones or no cones, MO or no MO, preservatives or no preservatives. I personally avoid anything that requires SLS to be removed, as SLS is banned from my routine. Whatever other people choose to use is up to them, even though I read some scary health concerns regarding mineral oil. :shrug:

I think QH is talked about the most because it is the oldest (at least that I know of) and most readily available. But it's definitely not the only one. Plus it really does work. I can't use SLS based shampoos either, but I use QH with no problems. Sometimes I co wash with it and my hair has never suffered from it. But everyone's hair is different.

Ok, I've googled it and these cholesterol treatments seem to be god for frizzy and tangly hair. But I've never seen anything like that in my drugstore . Can anybody suggest a brand that's also available in Germany or at least tell e what these cholesterol procucts might be called in Germany? I've never seen a product labeled with it.

I'm not sure how products are marketed in Germany (or really any place outside of the USA, I wish I could travel more to see), but if they have an "ethnic" or "African American" products aisle in the store, that's where you would more than likely find a cholesterol.

Speckla
June 5th, 2009, 07:53 PM

http://www.americarx.com/admin/ARXPRODUCTIMAGES/LImages/LUSTRA/875021.jpg

I like this. I often find it at the dollar store. It does have mineral oil towards the end of ingredients but my hair doesn't mind it occasionally. It's good if my hair has become dry from too much shampooing or when I used to use a flatiron. I can't use it too often though.

INGREDIENTS:
WATER, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETEARLY ALCOHOL (AND) POLYSORBATE 60, CETYL ALCOHOL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, CARROT OIL, TOCOPHEROL, ROSEMARY OIL, SAGE, ARNICA, BURDOCK, STEARALKONIUM CHLORIDE, CHOLESTEROL, MINERAL OIL, DISTEARYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE, METHYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, YELLOW # 5, YELLOW # 6, FRAGRANCE.

CaityBear
June 5th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I like to do mixtures of oil, egg, honey, conditioner and whatever else I have at the moment which might benefit my hair.

I also like using Miracle Whip (you know, the mayo like stuff). I tried it once in a big concoction and it REALLY helped with my dandruff and even made my hair really soft. I used to have a big problem with dandruff (heck, my whole family does!) and then it got a lot better and now it's starting to get a bit worse again. :(

Melisande
June 5th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I use a mixture of conditioner, olive oil, coconut oil, honey, hydrolyzed wheat protein, keratin, aloe vera gel on dry hair. I put it on my lengths and ends, bag it (sandwich bag held by a scrunchie), cover it with a towel and let sit for at least two hours.

Works like a charm for me ;-)

Cinnamon Hair
June 6th, 2009, 12:21 AM
I deep condition my hair weekly. If I'm not forgetful, I will start by oiling the night before I plan to shampoo (I'm a daily CO washer therefore I only shampoo once a week). I use either Jojoba oil or Monoi oil (scented coconut oil). No particular reason for those oils, they're just the ones I have on hand. This gives the length a chance to absorb the oil which will protect it from the shampoo.

The next day I shampoo my scalp (usually Kenra Moisture shampoo) allowing suds to run down the length.

Now that my hair is clean and free of any product buildup I deep condition. I'll put a heavy conditioner on the length only then toss it into a shower cap. I use a heat cap, my electric one is by Mastex but I also have a microwaveable one called a Micro Heat Cap.

The aim is to use the heat cap for 30 minutes to warm up the hair causing the cuticles to open and take in all the goodness from the deep conditioner that they possibly can. Sometimes I only use it for 20 mins. and other times for up to 45. Variation is due to whatever magazine or book I'm reading or any other activity I may be doing. Nothing special.

Then I hop back in the shower to rinse off the conditioner and comb out any tangles. Finally, it all goes into a turbie twist hair towel to dry. Leave that on until it has soaked up most of the water then take my hair down to detangle while it dries. I'll either wear it down or make a damp updo at this point. The end.

Deep conditioners I like are:

L'Oreal Mega Moistures (available at Sally's Beauty Supply) --has cones
Biolage Conditioning Balm --no cones
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream --has cones
Queen Helene Cholesterol --this can cause brillo pad hair so needs to be followed up with a moisturizing conditioner (use the heat cap for 30 mins again with the moisturizing conditioner if you have the time --even the next day is ok). There is no protein, just cholesterol, but it definitely makes my hair feel full/thick/rough like a protein conditioner can. Only need it 1 time a month or less.
Kenra Intensive Emollient treatment --has cones (I think)
Burt's Bees Deep Conditioner --umm no cones? (don't remember ingred. list)
And a variety of stuff I pick up at Sally's Beauty Supply. I'll try anything since my hair likes cones and cone free products. They have a lot of sample packets that are around $1 each so those are nice to try.

Heidi_234
June 6th, 2009, 02:32 AM
I think QH is talked about the most because it is the oldest (at least that I know of) and most readily available. But it's definitely not the only one. Plus it really does work. I can't use SLS based shampoos either, but I use QH with no problems. Sometimes I co wash with it and my hair has never suffered from it. But everyone's hair is different.
Recently I raided the shelves looking for a cone-less conditioner/mask/leave-in that contains EDTA. I haven't found even one, but I did found alot of cones and mineral oil in the products I used to buy 'blindly' looking on the label and company name and description (bouncy curls! great volume!). My hair wasn't in the worse shape back then, but one thing I remember is the velcro ends. Everytime I had them I thought my ends were damaged again and I went to have a trim. It was product build up. I cut my hair again and again over product build up, because I was just unaware.
These products won't make your hair feel instantly bad, but some substances are marked, so maybe there's a good reason to keep an eye on them. Who in the outside-of-LHC-world could've predicted that SLS would make me shed more? I didn't even know what's SLS, but once I was aware I solved an ongoing issue. I don't say to rule out everything that others say is bad, but know the enemy, and know what's in your products you put on your hair, and if something's up know how to make the conclusions.

swanns
June 6th, 2009, 05:20 AM
My way of deep conditioning is very Finnish :D I apply canola (or sometimes olive or coconut) oil on my hair (my hair can handle very thick oils) and let it sit for a few hours, sometimes a whole day. Then I wash my hair and apply lots of this blueberry conditioner on it (http://www.suomikauppa.fi/images/ehs_mustikkashampoo_l.JPG) and go to the sauna for about fifteen-twenty minutes, then rinse it all out. It removes the oil perfectly and leaves my hair really smooth and shiny! I think using just some kind of oil and conditioner will do, but the sauna part might be a bit more difficult to do if you don't have one in your house.

akka naeda
June 6th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Masses of (coconut) oil overnight, then SMT on top (on dry hair) for 30 mins minimum, and then I wash it out using shampoo on my scalp but not the length. I generally do this every time I wash, which is weekly-2 weekly.

Delila
June 6th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Delila, what is "porosity control conditioner?" Is it cone-free?

Here's an ingredient list:

Ingredients: water, propylene gycol, oleyl betaine, dicetyldimonium chloride, lecithin, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, lactic acid , fragrance, coumarin, eugenol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, methylparaben, propylparaben, dmdm hydantoin, titanium dioxide, mica, ext violet 2 (CI 60730), green 5 (CI 61570)

What is all that stuff? I've no idea, but here's (http://hairlicious.blogspot.com/2008/09/porosity-control-conditioner-101.html) a pretty thorough review of the ingredients I found on the web. HTH!

All I know is that using it in conjunction with my routine seems to help my hair remain well moisturized without feeling overly conditioned. I've been using the 'protein, moisture, PC, oil' routine for a good many years since I was introduced to the idea on another forum, where one of the members recommended it for those with badly damaged, overly processed fragile hair. My hair's actually in good shape, but I find that it stays in better shape if I come back to this routine once in a while.

(Decided to add a review to the product reviews section, since I had the ingredients list available.)

sagebabies
June 6th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Every week or two I do a SMT in my hair, then wash with CV shampoo bar and condition as normal. SMT's work very well in my hair. I just can't rub it into my scalp or I get itchy scalp, so I use it on length only. If I know I'll be washing my hair the next day I'll do a heavy oiling overnight, usually jojoba or coconut oil. I have not tried heat with my deep conditioning but I'd like to try.

Vrushali
June 6th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I oil my hair with a mix of EVOO and Coconut oil and leave it on overnight. The next morning I damp my hair and cover the length with conditioner and shampoo the scalp. I apply a mix of conditioner and aloe gel and let it sit for half an hour (I am really impatient) and then rinse off. I let my hair air-dry almost always. It amazing how soft my hair turns out after this!

Buddaphlyy
June 6th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Recently I raided the shelves looking for a cone-less conditioner/mask/leave-in that contains EDTA. I haven't found even one, but I did found alot of cones and mineral oil in the products I used to buy 'blindly' looking on the label and company name and description (bouncy curls! great volume!). My hair wasn't in the worse shape back then, but one thing I remember is the velcro ends. Everytime I had them I thought my ends were damaged again and I went to have a trim. It was product build up. I cut my hair again and again over product build up, because I was just unaware.
These products won't make your hair feel instantly bad, but some substances are marked, so maybe there's a good reason to keep an eye on them. Who in the outside-of-LHC-world could've predicted that SLS would make me shed more? I didn't even know what's SLS, but once I was aware I solved an ongoing issue. I don't say to rule out everything that others say is bad, but know the enemy, and know what's in your products you put on your hair, and if something's up know how to make the conclusions.

LHC isn't the first forum I've been on so I knew a lot about "bad" ingredients before I even came here. My motto is and will always be to use what works for you. My hair likes a variety of products, both "good" and "bad", so I just do what she tells me and not worry about what others think. But I do applaud you researching and learning what is best for your hair.

And btw, if QH was going to do any damage to my hair, I think it would have happened already seeing as I've been using it for about 16/17 years.

Carolyn
June 6th, 2009, 05:14 PM
One of my favorite ways to deep condition is to first put a little of my regular CO conditioner on the scalp and then coat the length with a heavy moisturizing conditioner or SMT concoction, cover with a heat cap and Turbie Twist and get all cozy with my heat cap for an hour or two. Then I get in the tub and rinse it all out. My hair loves heavy moisture. It EATS conditioner :D

Aries_jb
June 6th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I'm simple, yet inconsistent with my deep conditioning routine. I typically take some conditioner I don't usually use (too light, too heavy, too strongly scented, too difficult to get out of the container, whatever the reason) then I mix it with a load of coconut or olive oil and apply to wet hair. Then I go exercise to create some heat from the scalp. After I shampoo with CV bars, do an ACV rinse, and condition as usual. Works pretty well.

Cloverleaf
June 6th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I apply SMT to the ends the night before washing, put it in a loose bun and cover it with a sandwich baggie until morning (sounds corny but it works!). Scalp wash with whatever is handy, then apply whatever conditioner is handy (usually Suave or VO5 products). Use a tubie towel to dry a little, then apply jojoba oil to the ends (before hair is actually dry, to seal in moisture). This has worked out the best for me.

I'm starting to like the Biolage Conditioning Balm also, as a final conditioner.

gmdiaz
June 6th, 2009, 07:54 PM
My hair is thick and course and very dry. . .so can take a LOT of oiling and conditioner.

Every friday night, while watching my Sci-Fi shows:

I like to scalp message in a Brahmi Amla oil and then coat the length of my hair too, along with the ends, bee bun it up and let it soak over night and part of the next day.

I shampoo my hair with Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Moisturizing shampoo, just the scalp and rinse really throughly.

I apply a big couple of handfuls of Sunsilk Hydra TLC conditioner all over my hair from the ears down, heaviest on the ends and shower cap it for an hour or so.

Rinse lightly and let air dry with barely any finger combing. . .no brushing, no combing. I just leave it tangles and all.

Once it's dry, the tangles just slip right out.

Debra83
June 6th, 2009, 08:35 PM
overnight I'll leave either a good dollup of coconut oil on, or Ojon, or camellia oil, then wash it out in the morning.