PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to help me with a social group?

MandaMom2Three
June 4th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Ok, I would like to start a social group but I have to wait 5 more months before I reach guru status and thus have the ability to do so on my own. I'll wait the 5 months if need be, but I KNOW there are other people interested in the topic, so I was wondering if any of them already had guru status and wouldn't mind starting the group for me :D. Anyone interested in a BDSM social group? :eyebrows: :demon::whistle::whip::hifive::inlove:

Moonstruck
June 4th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I feel like it might work better if it were um...hm, inclusive of more alternative lifestyles than just BDSM. Just a thought. But maybe this'll surprise me and tons of others will pop out of the cracks.

By the way, "The Friendly Masochist" cracks me up everytime! ::giggles::

:whip: <-- OMG! Hahahaha I didn't know this fella existed!

Flynn
June 4th, 2009, 08:04 PM
(Can we actually do this on this forum...? What's the age limit for the forum...?)

MandaMom2Three
June 4th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I didn't really mean anything x rated. I mean there are groups for other...erm....amorous lifestyles on here :shrug: . If it's not cool, that's fine.

LisaJaney
June 5th, 2009, 06:44 PM
With a title like "BDSM", the implication would be that explicit sexual discussion is encouraged here, and it's simply not. The site strives to be "PG13 and Safe For Work", so that if your young pre-teen cousin stopped by, there wouldn't be anything that's beyond what her mother would be okay with her reading, and if your boss walked by (in an office-type setting, school-type setting, for example) you would not cause his or her eyebrows to raise because of what's written on the screen.

For that reason (and we're discussing it in the back room) one of the mods suggested maybe a social group (there's already a thread) where alternative RELATIONSHIPS could be discussed. The talk would need to center around the aspects of relationship, not just the intimacy/budoir topics.

IF that's not what you were hoping for, I do apologize, but there is a place you can go online (well, there are a TON of places you can go online to talk about such things) where you could set up a closely-regulated group to do your explicit talking. Network54 has boards you can set up for free, you can decide who gets in (they have to "apply" to you, the board-moderator) and nobody gets in without your knowing just who they are. I've done such a board myself for weightloss, and we posted pics of our weightloss journeys without worry that some stranger was going to see us in spandex at various points in the journey, from "starting weight, down to goal-weight". It was a really cool group, we could say whatever we wanted. I paid the fees to keep the ads off, and it was only something like thirty bucks every six months. Pretty reasonable, I thought. Those prices may have changed, or maybe the whole place is ad-free now, I honestly don't know. But that's an option you have where you can talk about your more....well "things we don't discuss here on a family-friendly hair-board", but you can cut loose elsewhere and you'd be among friends.

Your call on that one, I suppose.

LisaJaney
June 5th, 2009, 06:55 PM
It's my understanding that Dianyla is going to start such a social group (like I mentioned in my previous post)

Dianyla
June 5th, 2009, 07:04 PM
It's my understanding that Dianyla is going to start such a social group (like I mentioned in my previous post)
Thanks Lis! :flowers:

The new group is here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/group.php?groupid=179), and I'll be keeping an very strict eye on y'all! :lol:

MandaMom2Three
June 5th, 2009, 07:37 PM
That's pretty much what I was thinking about anyway, nothing that wasn't already deemed acceptable in other threads, not something lurid. Thanks Dianyla. :flowers:

Heavenly Locks
June 6th, 2009, 01:33 AM
With a title like "BDSM", the implication would be that explicit sexual discussion is encouraged here, and it's simply not.

First, let me point out that this isn't in reference to you personally. :flower:

I really find it, disappointing, that the BDSM lifestyle is often thought of as a sexual sort of title when that's only one small part of it. Much like how much sex is important to a 'vanilla', 'straight', or 'homosexual' relationship...it's not the end all be all...but society has portrayed it in such a way that most people assume that someone who wears a collar or in some other way participates in BSDM is a sex fiend. *sigh*

Ok, that is all. :o

Thanks for everything mods! *smooch*

MandaMom2Three
June 6th, 2009, 06:12 AM
I really find it, disappointing, that the BDSM lifestyle is often thought of as a sexual sort of title when that's only one small part of it. Much like how much sex is important to a 'vanilla', 'straight', or 'homosexual' relationship...

That's kind of what I wanted to say but it was 12am and I was too tired to figure out how to say it. I didn't see why it would be any worse than having a LGBT group :shrug: . But, I AM a friendly masochist after all, so I wont rock boats :D