PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a Death Eater :)

Bellatrix
April 8th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Hope some of you will enjoy the Harry Potter reference.

Hello all. I aspire to greater lengths and though you seem to be in transition mode re:the site, this seems like the place to be.

I do know most of the long hair lingo from searching online, so terms like CO, WO, etc. are pretty familiar to me.

I don't have quite the HP character's hair (mine is very dark, but not very long and straight). It's about mid-neck length in a sort of self-style A-line (I trim my own hair). Eventually, I plan to grow to Waist or thereabouts.

Cheers all

Loviatar
April 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Hello Bellatrix! Welcome to LHC. You will find that there are a few Harry P fans here too ;) In fact I went to the midnight showing of Goblet of Fire in Bellatrix costume... *ahem*

I also self trim - I follow the U shape instructions for Feye's self trim on the livejournal community.

Good luck growing! Waist is my goal too. (To start with! Haha.)

Lovi

AJoifulNoise
April 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Another Harry Potter fan, here. I came late to the game, though, and I'm still making my way through the series (almost finished book 4!).

Welcome to the LHC! :flower:

Euphony
April 8th, 2008, 04:34 PM
~WELCOME~
I've read all the books and love them! We watched HP5 last night on On Demand! You'll definately find a lot of HP fans in these here parts :smile:

Riot Crrl
April 8th, 2008, 04:46 PM
LOL don't shoot me for having this color hair! Everyone knows there are no evil redheads in Harry Potter.

Loviatar
April 8th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Spoiler warning:

Percy was kind of evil for a while!

and I still hold out hopes that Ginny isn't completely sweet and fluffy ;)

Wavelength
April 8th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Greetings Bellatrix! You may know that Bellatrix, aside from being a Death Eater, is also a star in the constellation Orion. It's known as the Amazon star (I think that's what "bellatrix" means in Latin, actually: "woman warrior" or somesuch).

Hence you can see why J.K. Rowling used it to name a female Death Eater. :D

Lizbot
April 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Allo, Bellatrix. Welcome! You'll surely like it here.

I still need to finish my Ravenclaw scarf. :/

Celtic Queen
April 9th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Hello and welcome!
Another HP fan there (though a Snape fan, I am afraid ;) ). Just a warning... There is a Molly Weasley fan around, so ... watch you back, LOL!

Tapioca
April 9th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Allo, Bellatrix. Welcome! You'll surely like it here.

I still need to finish my Ravenclaw scarf. :/

Hee! I have a half-finished Ravenclaw scarf around here, too! I just hate knitting, but I love the look of knit for garments.

Sherri
April 9th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Hello bellatrix. love the HP books and movies. Welcome I know you will like it here.

happylynngilmer
April 9th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Greetings Bellatrix :} There are many HP fans here, so you're in good company!
happy growing!

Bellatrix
April 9th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the welcome, all!

Greetings Bellatrix! You may know that Bellatrix, aside from being a Death Eater, is also a star in the constellation Orion. It's known as the Amazon star (I think that's what "bellatrix" means in Latin, actually: "woman warrior" or somesuch).

Yes, I did know Bellatrix is actually a star! And yes, in Latin it means "female warrior" ( J.K., you genius, you.)

Fun fact: it was used to measure other star's fluctuations before it was found Gamma Orionis (bellatrix) is actually an eruptive variable (meaning it fluctuates in the light it gives off)

And my, you do have a lot of HP fans here. It's not too surprising though, as we are well on our way to world domination already.

Druid of Alba
April 9th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Hello! It's nice to meet you! I'm new too! I hope you enjoy the site (I know I am so far), and I wish you good luck in frowing your hair long! :)

Vela
April 9th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Welcome fellow HP fan! Bellatrix is myfavorite Death Eater. (Unless you include Snape! XP ) anyhow, happy growin'! :)