PDA

View Full Version : Braid waves?

holomi
June 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
How do you ladies keep your braid waves from getting frizzy when you take them out? Mine get fuzzy and don't look too great... Explain? What procedure do you use??

SpecialKitty
June 3rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
Sometimes I use 1-2 drops of jojoba or coconut oil, rubbed in my palms and spread over the fuzzy, frizzy bits. Or, alternatively, a bit of water.

MandaMom2Three
June 3rd, 2009, 09:11 PM
When I take out my braids I don't comb them at all, just shake gently until they stop being separate (I use two braids). That usually keeps the frizz at bay for most of the day. If I even finger comb just the slightest too much, poof!

HairColoredHair
June 3rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
A light oil or mist of water before braiding helps it hold its shape and not frizz.

Kristen_Marie
June 3rd, 2009, 09:35 PM
I've been wondering about this, and was curious if anyone else had a similar problem:

I shower at night so my hair has time to dry by morning. I've decided I want to start braiding at night, but if I braid my hair when it is soaked, it is still soaked by morning and takes HOURS to dry. Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, have you found any ways to make it not so...bad?

theshadowpuppet
June 3rd, 2009, 10:21 PM
I've been wondering about this, and was curious if anyone else had a similar problem:

I shower at night so my hair has time to dry by morning. I've decided I want to start braiding at night, but if I braid my hair when it is soaked, it is still soaked by morning and takes HOURS to dry. Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, have you found any ways to make it not so...bad?
Not much can be done to actually make your hair dry faster.
Braiding your hair when it's damp as opposed to wet should work.

Flynn
June 3rd, 2009, 10:23 PM

Absolutely it does. Braiding wet seems to be like hitting a pause button on drying. I don't think there's anything that can be done about it.

Kristen_Marie
June 3rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
Sadly, I think you're both right. : ( What's wrong with wanting clean, shiny, not wet but wavy hair? I didn't think it was too much to ask!

I'll try just braiding while my hair is damp and see if that helps. Just gonna have to get over the wet drips down the back!

Flynn
June 3rd, 2009, 10:36 PM
Sadly, I think you're both right. : ( What's wrong with wanting clean, shiny, not wet but wavy hair? I didn't think it was too much to ask!

I'll try just braiding while my hair is damp and see if that helps. Just gonna have to get over the wet drips down the back!

Maybe wrapping it tightly in a towel will help if it's sopping...

HotRag
June 3rd, 2009, 10:49 PM
I was a bit "oooh?" here.
You can keep braid waves? Mine usually straigthens rather quickly. No frizz.

plainjanegirl
June 3rd, 2009, 10:59 PM

I have the same problem.If I braid my hair while it is wet then it will be wet forever. What about keeping your hair wrapped in a towel to speed the drying process so the hair will be damp. And when the first towel is wet then change to a different towel.

holomi
June 3rd, 2009, 11:59 PM
I was a bit "oooh?" here.
You can keep braid waves? Mine usually straigthens rather quickly. No frizz.
Yeah I can keep them, but I run my fingers through the hair and if I touch it too much, POOF!

longhairedfairy
June 4th, 2009, 06:10 AM
A small amount of camellia oil before braiding helps prevent frizz. Just finger comb, but don't brush. :)

Fethenwen
June 4th, 2009, 06:21 AM

Oh I don't think you really need to braid them while wet to get waves. Little dampness should do just fine. And like others have said light oiling before braiding should make the waves more shiny and frizz free.