January 2009
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww160/Pixna/100_2099_2-1-2.jpg

June 2009, Wurly
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww160/Pixna/100_2281_2-1-2.jpg

June 2009, Combed
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww160/Pixna/100_2308_2-2.jpg

Gumball
June 3rd, 2009, 01:32 PM
If you think you're long then you're long! Wonderful progress pictures. The waves and curls are awesome!

Lamb
June 3rd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Woo-hoo! That's quite the progress! :cheese:You are getting long indeed, congrats!

Pixna
June 3rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Heehee!! Thanks, Gumball and Lamb!!

chelssix
June 3rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
Your curls are beautiful!

Pixna
June 3rd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Thank you, Chelssix. I can't decide how to wear my hair -- wurly or combed. I have to use product in it when it's wurly, which is a drawback. I'm also not sure how good it looks, so I definitely appreciate your feedback!

redneckprincess
June 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
great progress ♥ lookin' good

Pixna
June 3rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks, Redneckprincess!! :)

missmandy
June 3rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Way to go!!! Stick with it! I'm proud of you! :D

Autumnberry
June 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Congrats on your progress--it is growing lightning fast. In contrast, my hair hardly grew at all over the winter months. And your thick curls are lovely!

Flaxen
June 3rd, 2009, 01:57 PM
Ooh, I love the wurly! :grin: And yes, you're getting there!

Pixna, I don't think a little product will hurt, as long as it's alcohol free. Do you remember Equestrian's Glossing Gel? 3 parts aloe gel to 1 part jojoba oil (or is it the other way 'round? :hmm: No, I think that's it). Anyway, would that work for you?

Pixna
June 3rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks, MissMandy -- I appreciate your encouragement!!

Autumnberry, thank you! I'm hoping that over summer my hair will grow like a weed. I wish the same for you! :heart:

Calista
June 3rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
Wow Pixna, your hair is beautiful! I believe this is the first time I´ve seen it. I especially like the wurly pic.

I also have to admit that I had always been slightly scared of your avatar. :o I like the new one!

Pixna
June 3rd, 2009, 02:00 PM
Thank you, Flaxen!! I DO remember Equestrian's Glossing Gel, though I haven't tried it yet. I've been using AO gel, which I like. I just don't know if I like using product of any kind. Do you use anything like that as a leave-in for your wurls?

spidermom
June 3rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
Looking good! I love the wurlies; don't comb. (just kidding; I know you have to at one time or another. My family tells me the same - don't comb.)

Pixna
June 3rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
Hahaha!! Calista, you're not the first person to tell me that my avatar was scary. And here I thought I was all happy and smiling in it! :gabigrin:

Thank you for your kind words about my new avatar and the wurls. I'm trying to decide whether to wear my hair wurly or combed as my daily "style."

Pixna
June 3rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Spidermom, thank you!! It's so hard for me to decide which way to go -- wurly or combed. Wurly is kind of "messy," but I like it, although I have to use product to keep it that way. I think as my hair gets longer, going wurly will be easier. (And I can only hope it will look like yours!)

Feye
June 3rd, 2009, 02:07 PM
You snuck in a couple of new pics! And your hair is looking so thick and lovely! It is definitely on the long side now, especially since it's all one length. Wohoo!

jivete
June 3rd, 2009, 02:31 PM
I like the wurly best. If you want opinions...

Pixna
June 3rd, 2009, 02:33 PM
You snuck in a couple of new pics! And your hair is looking so thick and lovely! It is definitely on the long side now, especially since it's all one length. Wohoo!

Yeah, I'm a little sneaky that way. :smirk: I was going to write to you privately about the new pics, and then I thought about just doing a thread. I was a very bad girl today and shirked my work responsibilities, because I desperately needed a break. So I spent time figuring out how to upload everything and played hooky for half of the day. Hair takes priority, you know! :laugh: Sorry I didn't tell you sooner!! :flower:

Toadstool
June 3rd, 2009, 02:34 PM
I LOVE your curls!

Pixna
June 3rd, 2009, 02:34 PM
I appreciate your input, Jivete! Hearing what others think (especially long-haired others) helps me get perspective on which style looks best.

Thank you, Toadstooll!! :)

Roseate
June 3rd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Looks great, Pixna! I like it both ways. I bet it does feel long since you're coming from pixie-land!

I wear mine either combed or wurly as the mood strikes- sometimes I don't want to add product because then I have to wash more often, and it looks better wurly if I put some 'stuff' in it. That's the fun of being a 2- we get to pick!

redneckprincess
June 3rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Hahaha!! Calista, you're not the first person to tell me that my avatar was scary. And here I thought I was all happy and smiling in it! :gabigrin:

Thank you for your kind words about my new avatar and the wurls. I'm trying to decide whether to wear my hair wurly or combed as my daily "style."
wear it curly one day and combed the next or for a week or a month even...

paper
June 3rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
I love your hair wurly! :crush: It really as grown alot. Keep growing!

Queenie
June 3rd, 2009, 03:13 PM
Pixna, you can't believe how good is is to see your wurls back! :D It's looking great!

Silver & Gold
June 3rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
Ooooo! I LOVE the wurly one!

SpecialKitty
June 3rd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Very nice Pixna, and I like your new avatar! You are definitely to shoulders - I'd say that's long-ish :D

Pixna
June 3rd, 2009, 03:30 PM
You're so right, Roseate -- we 2s have lots of options. I just hope my wurls can look half as good as yours as my hair gets longer.

Paper, thank you! Grow I shall! :D

Thanks so much, dear Queenie and Silver & Gold! I haven't fully made up my mind yet about the wurls, but your positive feedback is swaying me! :heart:

SpecialKitty, thank you! Do you really think I'm at SL? I'll gladly take "ish"!! :laugh:

Dvips
June 3rd, 2009, 03:39 PM
I *love* the wurly picture!
Nice progress!

Pixna
June 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks, Dvips!! Much appreciated!!

Arctic_Mama
June 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Once it hits shoulder it definitely starts appearing and feeling longer. Great progress!

Carolyn
June 3rd, 2009, 04:39 PM
Well now, Miss Pixna! You certainly are on your way to long hair! I like it both ways. Why do you have to decide on one or the other? Do whatever the mood strikes. You are lucky to have enough curl for a nice messy look (which I love) and also be able to get it nice and straight. I bet you can do peacock twists and small ponytails now can't you? I can't tell you how glad I am to see the scary clown go.

SpecialKitty
June 3rd, 2009, 04:44 PM
SpecialKitty, thank you! Do you really think I'm at SL? I'll gladly take "ish"!! :laugh:

Well, I'm a wavy/curly as well, and if you factor that in you are definitely at shoulders in my opinion ;) aaaaaaannnnd, your hair in the back is at shoulder length even when wavy. So that's my :twocents: and I'm sticking to it! :p (I think we may be hair twins by the way....)

Garnet66
June 3rd, 2009, 04:54 PM
Congrats on such great growth. I love your wurlyness.

Speckla
June 3rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
Well, I'm a wavy/curly as well, and if you factor that in you are definitely at shoulders in my opinion ;) aaaaaaannnnd, your hair in the back is at shoulder length even when wavy. So that's my :twocents: and I'm sticking to it! :p (I think we may be hair twins by the way....)

Specialkitty knows what she's talking about. :cheese:

bakertwins2004
June 3rd, 2009, 08:46 PM
pretty! I like the whurly look

Cereus
June 3rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
Oooh, pretty Pixna! I like wurly.

Flaxen
June 3rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
Do you use anything like that as a leave-in for your wurls?
I don't mind the feel of product, but most of them make my hair look darker, so no, I don't use any. That pretty much means just one day of waves after washing, and then almost straight hair after that.

enfys
June 4th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Since you don't have a neck from behind I'd say you're at shoulder length!

It's definately looking longer, and I love it wurly the most.

Pixna
June 4th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Arctic Mama, you're right! It IS starting feel longer, and I certainly hope it looks longer, too. Thanks!

Carolyn, you really didn't like my Bozo pic?? I'm glad I don't look scary any longer. I haven't tried any updos yet, although I know I can get my hair into a small pony because I can gather it that way with my hands. When I put my hair up (when it was longer before) it made it go straighter and flatter when I took it down, and my sides are very fragile (that's what contributed to my lovely Bozo tufts), so I'm being careful not to do any updos that would put extra strain on my hair and cause breakage. Thank you for your kind comments, and you're absolutely right -- I don't have to decide! :D

SpecialKitty, I just looked at your old pics and we ARE hair twins!! Yay -- I found my twin!!!!! :joy: Do you have any more current pics you could upload to your album?

Thank you Garnet, Speckla, BakerTwins, and Cereus!!

Flaxen, thanks for your reply. I've been going longer between washes (about once a week), and my hair seems to get "better" (less tangly) several days after washing it, but the wurls are not as tight and are almost gone by the next wash day. So, I have the same "problem." It's interesting that product darkens your color. I hadn't considered that, but it might be happening for me, too.

akevita2002
June 4th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I'm also a fan of your wurly hair hehe, I think you already got used to the feeling :cool:....Anyway, your hair looks very nice and healthy in whatever 'shape' it is! Congrats!

LutraLutra
June 4th, 2009, 05:50 AM
It looks great, and I'd vote for the wurlies too. You're making real progress. :)

Pixna
June 4th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Thanks, Enfys!! No neck, eh? I hadn't thought of that as a way to measure SL. I guess I'm there then! Yippee!!!!! :gabigrin:

Thanks so much, LutraLutra and Akevita!!!

girlcat36
June 4th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Keep growing! I like the wurly hair!

mellie
June 4th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Your hair is definitely longer! And I love the wurls!! Beautiful!!

Pixna
June 4th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Thanks, Girlcat and Mellie!! The wurls seem to be winning! ;)

Maelyssa
June 4th, 2009, 03:04 PM
You are DEFINITELY on your way! Very nice growing...I think the wurly look is gorgeous!

Elphie
June 4th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Pitching in a vote for the whurls, your hair looks great!

I am going to miss the slightly creepy bozo avatar; it stood out. :-)

JamieLeigh
June 4th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Wow, great progress! :D You have healthy, gorgeous hair. :flower:

Pixna
June 5th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Maelyssa and JamieLeigh, thank you so much. I greatly appreciate your encouragement and the compliments!

Elphie, I truly value your input and your vote for the wurls. You thought my Bozo avatar was creepy?? It's funny how many people have told me they thought it was scary. It certainly was noticeable, I agree. For now, I thought it was time for a change. Perhaps she'll make a reappearance in the future. :D

SchnauzerMom
June 5th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Wow your hair looks very pretty, lots of progress there!

Pixna
June 6th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Thank you, SchnauzerMom! I appreciate your encouraging words!! :redgrin:

DavidN
June 6th, 2009, 05:24 AM
What wonderful progress, Pixna, and your hair has fabulous thickness, with outstanding waves! Thank you for sharing.

Xandergrammy
June 6th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Pixna, your hair is gorgeous!!! And just for the record, I like it wurly best. :crush:

yogachic
June 6th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I like the curls!! Congrats

Pixna
June 6th, 2009, 02:06 PM
David and Xandergrammy, you're so sweet. Thank you so much for your generous compliments!

Yogachic, thank you! I also appreciate your vote for the wurls! :)