PDA

View Full Version : Helpless in humidity

Saintmonica
June 3rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hello LHC,

I found this site a few months ago and love you all for your generousity of spirit in advising and supporting people who are struggling with their hair.

My hair is extremely curly-frizzy and I color it. In the winter when their is little humidity, I straighten it with a blowdryer and use hot rollers and lots of hairspray. In the summer with the humidity, I can't get it straight. It's huge and frizzy and I usually walk around in a ball cap.

It's cut for my straight hair stlye but getting it straight is why I have bra length hair instead of waist length hair. I know I need to get it to one length and stop blow drying but it I'm only happy with my hair when it's straight. It's so hard to break bad habits and an almost impossible mindset. I need advice on how to style naturally dried kinky curly hair so I can loose the ball cap and grow it long.

Thank you in advance,

Saintmonica

spidermom
June 3rd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Get some products designed for curly hair and practice with them. Think how much time you will save by sporting a curly style!

As for the heat styling, if you want long hair, just stop. No excuses.

Saintmonica
June 3rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
Gorgeous hair! How did you get it that long? And, thank you for your response!

Bianca
June 3rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
Well, it's more about dewpoint than humidity really, but i'm not an expert on that subject.

You can read about it here:
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=75975

I had frizzy hair too, but since I stopped using sulfates and cones, it's a lot better :)

Take a look around in here and on naturallycurly.com :flower:

And welcome btw :p

Calista
June 4th, 2009, 03:30 AM
I also suggest re-posting your questions on the Mane board rather than in the Newbie section. This board is more for general welcomes, so you´d probably get more answers over on the Mane board. Also, your posts here don´t count towards your total post count.

Welcome to LHC! :waving:

Saintmonica
June 4th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the tip and the welcome. Your hair is beautiful!