PDA

View Full Version : Hellboy bun

nmarie33
June 3rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
So I watched Hellboy II over the weekend, and I was noticing the little bun thing that he has in his hair. So I decided to do a version of my own today. I'll post pics later if I can get someone to photo the back of my head!

1. Make a ponytail.
2. Fold the tail down toward your neck, then back up to form a loop and cover the elastic.
3. Clip through the elastic and the tail with a flexi-8, ficcarre clip, or whatever.
4. My loop was sticking up from my head at a funny angle, so I tacked it down with a couple bobby pins.

My ends are curly so this looked cute, and sort of like a peacock twist. If you have straight hair you could make it look more evil and demonic, like Hellboy. :evil:

I will attempt to attach my awesome MSPaint instructions.

Enjoy!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3343/3592002491_436ed88b03_o.jpg

AutumnLeaves
June 3rd, 2009, 10:20 AM
I love your awesome MSPaint instructions!

Kristen_Marie
June 3rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
Hellboy (More specifically Hellboy II: The Golden Army) is one of my favorite movies - I'm surprised I never noticed his hair before! That is a neat little updo, but I'm not sure how it would look with my length. (I'm kind of challenged when it comes to putting my hair up anyway.)

Loving the MSpaint instructions!! I found a picture of one of the Hellboy models used for production detail:

http://www.danperezstudios.com/images/gallery/hellboy-hair.jpg

I think I'll try it anyway :D Thanks for posting this! :cheese:

nmarie33
June 3rd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Good photo Kristen - Looks like you could do a more accurate version with just a couple elastics and some bobby pins to tack up the tail!

mugglemomof3
June 3rd, 2009, 10:52 AM
Oh! Helboy rocks! :rockerdud: I can't wait to try this style, and your helpful drawings are too cute! :waving:

Kristen_Marie
June 3rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
Good photo Kristen - Looks like you could do a more accurate version with just a couple elastics and some bobby pins to tack up the tail!

Thanks!

I'm going to try it now. I'll post a pic to my album once I've tried (and hopefully done well) with the updo. I'm kinda excited about it :D

misstwist
June 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
I noticed that. Isn't it similar to a traditional Samurai hairstyle?