PDA

View Full Version : What length hair stick, fork?

Fairlight63
June 3rd, 2009, 06:17 AM
I am new to having somewhat long hair & don't know much about the lengths to buy for the hair sticks, & forks.
My hair is about 25" long, fine & thin.

So those of you with that hair type what works for you?

Bluebell
June 3rd, 2009, 09:08 AM
You could try pencils for hairsticks. It might be a good length for you, maybe shorter? But that's a way to try if hairsticks work for you before buying, and to see what length hairsticks you would like.

kdaniels8811
June 3rd, 2009, 09:36 AM
My hair is fine and thin and I use a max 5" hairstick. Mei Fa sticks are great for my hair. Any longer and I have things poking out that could potentially hurt someone! Almost all of the stick makers offer a 5". With forks, I get 4" forks, that is the fork length, not the overall length so be careful when ordering, that has tripped some folks up. So shorter is better for fine/thin hair. Keytos hair sticks work GREAT in my hair, one of them holds my hair all day. I have 4" Mei Fa sticks I use to keep my hair up to sleep in - without poking hubby's eye out! Hope this helps...

ElenTikvah
June 3rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
I have a similar hair type, tho my hair is longer (my taper is severe, so my length hasn't changed my bun too much).

Generally, I like 4.5 to 5.5 inches of useable length, usually 5" is just about perfect for me in most updos (tho honestly, I need a bit longer for use in chinese buns). I can use longer lengths, but they usually end up poking me in the neck or getting caught on things all the time.

~Tik

ETA: I love the Mei Fa sticks too...the PERFECT length!

Monchhichi
June 6th, 2009, 05:38 AM
The length of the hair sticks depends on the updos you want to do. For buns you need a shorter stick than for French twist hair styles. If you want to wear the stick vertically, it has to be very short. If you want to wear it horizontally, it can be longer. So I can only recommend you to try different types of sticks and different lengths.