PDA

View Full Version : Haircut advice needed! Going to a Deva trained (Curly) stylist

pilateschick7
June 2nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the advice, I am still learning. I pm'd her.

manderly
June 3rd, 2009, 12:07 AM
How cool! I don't see this as being a step backwards. One of the best things to have in your arsenal of growing hair out is a GOOD haircut to grow from :)

Please post before & afters, I'd love to see how it comes out!

kdaniels8811
June 3rd, 2009, 03:45 AM
That haircut is gorgeous! Makes me wish my hair were curly... It looks long and very healthy. I would say go for it! Especially if you can find a hairdresser experienced in cutting curls. Please post before and after shots so we can admire them!

brok3nwings
June 3rd, 2009, 04:00 AM
I dont think it is a stepback! I would probably do the same in your position, i would try to have the hair cut that would acentuate the curls. we all love curls eheh :)

Aditi
June 3rd, 2009, 04:56 AM
A good haircut always makes you fond of owns hair a little bit more, so i will say go for the haircut and do post us pics.

pilateschick7
June 3rd, 2009, 06:29 AM
I will be sure to post pics. My appointment is not till August 18th. It is a little strange to be more excited about a haircut then a vacation. :cheese:Thanks so much for the advice.

Tap Dancer
June 3rd, 2009, 06:58 AM
How cool! I don't see this as being a step backwards. One of the best things to have in your arsenal of growing hair out is a GOOD haircut to grow from :)

ITA!! That's why when people struggle with the decision to cut off layers or damage, I encourage it. It's not right for everyone, of course, but you feel better about yourself when you have a good haircut. :)

misstwist
June 3rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
I say you would absolutely not be taking a step backward. Layers are great in curly updos because they allow the graceful falling out of curls that make these updos so attractive.

The layers I have grown out are from cuts that encourage the curly. But my curls are so fragile anyway that it was really hard to maintain them and I just didn't like having to get my hair cut as often as it needed because it was expensive.

I have chosen length over curl, but if my curl were less fragile I would still be getting curly layers, or trying to cut them in myself (Curly Girl shows how).

GlassEyes
June 3rd, 2009, 09:00 AM
That's very pretty, and a good step.

However, that picture is also of a member here who has refrained from posting front pictures on this site. I'm not sure she'd appreciate it being posted here. Maybe she wouldn't mind, and she'd probably be complimented, but she should be asked. xD;