PDA

View Full Version : Woo hoo bangs are almost not bangs!

Speckla
June 2nd, 2009, 06:34 PM
I can pull my bangs back further now! My goal is to get rid of them completely. This is how far I can pull them up and back without having to use bobbypins for loose pieces.

http://images49.fotki.com/v1510/photos/7/1199357/7533769/Picture082-vi.jpg

Addy
June 2nd, 2009, 07:25 PM
That's great speckla! Bangs are the worst to grow out!

I know I've said it before but your curls are gorgeous! :)

GoddesJourney
June 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Nice work, I've been growing out mine too and it's really frustrating. And can you believe it? I actually considered for about three weeks cutting them again (in a different style) as soon as they were closer to my hair length than bangs length. What a nutcase I am! Good work sticking to your guns. Don't let the bang cutting urges sneak back up on you.

SleepySin
June 3rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
Off topic but you've got some really shiny curls there :D

Heidi_234
June 3rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
I'm aaaaaalmost there too :) just an inch or so :pray:

Speckla
June 3rd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Off topic but you've got some really shiny curls there :D

Coconut oil! That's third day hair! :D

Thank you, Addy.

Heidi and GoddessJourney, don't cut 'em!!

xoLegallyAubrey
June 3rd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Great Progress!! :flowers:

@ GoddesJourney - Oh, I know, those urges are the WORST! So tempting. My not-so-bangish bangs are now chin length. I know I can pull 'em back, but I'm pretty tired of doing that. I've been growing them since December. I have no idea what to do with them. I do like how they frame my face, but I really don't want bangs anymore..

Orchid_28
June 3rd, 2009, 04:19 PM
Oh lucky you! how long did it take for them to finally get to that length? Im trying to grow mine out too. I just need 4 more inches and my bangs will be chin length.

Quixii
June 3rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Nice! Definitely handling it better than I did; this is what I did with my bangs while growing them out:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/young_artist/3e.jpg
Yes, in a ponytail and frequently purple or green.
I'm glad I stopped doing that. ^^;;

Parelli4life
June 3rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Awesome. :D Its great not having bangs in the way. My bangs were slow growers. Looked awful in pictures when I used to tuck them behind my ears.

longhairedfairy
June 3rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
Nice! Definitely handling it better than I did; this is what I did with my bangs while growing them out:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/young_artist/3e.jpg
Yes, in a ponytail and frequently purple or green.
I'm glad I stopped doing that. ^^;;

Ah! :scared: That's scary! :lol:

enfys
June 4th, 2009, 05:49 AM
I want wait to be free of my fringe. It's atthe point where the ends just meet under my chin if they curl under. Yeah, I have a bang beard.

You've done so well to grow it out this far! Was it hard to have a fringe with such curly hair?

TokyoPink
June 4th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I'd just managed to grow out my bangs when i decided to cut all my hair off into a crop, which meant (for me) getting an ultra-short blunt fringe again (I seemed to have forgotten at the time how terrible I looked with a blunt fringe). My sidey bits are just past my ears but my bangs don't even touch my eyebrows! Gah!
What i used to do when i was growing them out before, and what ill do this time, is put it into a little (or sometimes a big) quiff, or sometimes I'd pull my bangs to the side so it kind of curved loosely across my forehead and pin it under the rest of my hair, which would give me wierd 50's-type look. I tried a couple of times at french pleating my fringe so it formed a kind of halo around my face, but im terrible at french pleats, although to be honest i think its just a case of more practice this time around. Just a few suggestions for you to do with them whilst your growing them out :D