PDA

View Full Version : A little advice please???

abritta3
June 2nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
Hello everyone! Sooo I am wondering...
Currently I have my hair dyed strawberry blonde.
My natural color is a dirty blonde (about 3shades darker)
So I am wondering if I should get my hair dyed close to my natural color and let me new growth just grow in healthy??
Or should I keep dying my new hair growth the color it currently is?
I am opting for dying my hair back to my natural color BUT I don't want to damage my already damaged/color processed hair...
I don't know...I'm so conflicted.

manderly
June 2nd, 2009, 06:20 PM
Uuuuuhhhh, well it depends on what color you WANT your hair to be. :shrug:

I dyed my hair as close to my natural color as possible. There are plenty of members here who lighten their hair and still grow it out.

It's really about what color you want, and if you want to continue the upkeep of your hair (none vs. regular root touchup).

Wow am I not helpful!! LOL :)

Fractalsofhair
June 2nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Get highlights on the very top of your head as the roots grow in if you like your natural color(But slight mild ones, in a reddish medium blonde). If you don't like your natural color and prefer a more reddish shade, there is henna which is said to be good for hair. Also, hot oil treatments work wonders for damaged hair. It's probably the only reason parts of my hair aren't too damaged after one bleaching. Though... My hair is very damaged!

abritta3
June 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the quick replies! I am actually wanting a color close to my natural color...it's a dirty blonde color.
I want to do what ever is healthiest for my hair in the long run.

manderly
June 2nd, 2009, 07:04 PM
Healthiest in the long run would try to grow it out. Is it a really bad difference between your natural hair and your dyed length? Would you notice if you just let it grow? Second option would be to match your natural color then leave it alone :)

akilina
June 2nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
I'm doing the same! My hair is a really light ashy blond naturally and I'm going to dye it as close as possible (my hair is currently light.My avatar is an older picture) and just let it grow out so I won't have to deal with roots. I'm excited to do this so I can finally see all my own hair color. Good luck on deciding!

Katze
June 3rd, 2009, 03:08 AM
I grew my hair out from bleached and am really happy with it.

Dyeing it closer to my natural color, however, didn't really work as the dye faded out (probably from honey and other natural treatments) and left me with two toned hair again.

For me the only option was to bite the bullet and grow it out naturally. If I had been willing to spend time/money on fancy blending highlights, it might have looked nicer, but I wasn't, so I ended up wearing a lot of French braids.

One positive thing is that if you stop dyeing cold turkey your hair will keep shedding, and the older dyed hairs will gradually be replaced with newer growth, making the two-toned, visible demarcation line less and less as time goes by. I still have bleached ends, but they are not very visible unless I have my hair up.

hth!