PDA

View Full Version : I knew there was a reason I love my fiance!

SimplyViki
June 1st, 2009, 09:50 PM
I've recently begun collecting the hairs I shed (the long ones, anyway, not the little ones) to see how big a collection I can get. (Inspired by http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=23616)

I thought my DF was only half listening (if that) when I explained why I was carefully assembling all my shed hairs with the roots on one end and keeping them detangled and gingerly stowed away in an envelope. He didn't say anything when I stuck a piece of tape to the bathroom wall and started sticking shed hairs to it to keep them in one place until I could carefully store them, and he didn't give me any funny looks when I would run back to the last place I was sitting to look for a hair or two that I was pretty sure I'd left there. (Yes, I can be that obsessive about things).

Well, today I was adding a new little batch of hairs to the main lock that I've been saving, wetting it with water so they'd stick together and not get all over the place, and my roommate walked by. I'd told her about my little "project", but she's quite forgetful and I knew she wouldn't remember, so just to freak her out a little, I held out my lock shed hair to show her. She sort of gave me a O_o look and called out to my DF "Um, you better come here... she's fallen off the deep end!"

He came over to see what was the matter, and then just said, quite matter-of-factly, "Oh yeah, her hair? She needs that. You know why she's doing that, right? She's going to color them so she can see what it would look like before she actually colors her hair."

:D Well, I guess now he's actually expecting me to color my hair... I was thinking about a few highlights or something, since he's been wanting me to "go back to blonde" (I had highlights when we met) for a while. I'm still going to wait until I grow out all the old dye to start over, but it's just really nice to know he pays attention, and felt like validating my strange behavior.

DragonLady
June 1st, 2009, 09:53 PM
You've trained him well. :)

hennared
June 1st, 2009, 09:55 PM
Awesome! He sounds like a keeper :) and great idea, by the way!

patience
June 1st, 2009, 11:03 PM
Awww, sometimes they are listening.:)

Gothic Lolita
June 2nd, 2009, 12:36 AM
That's cute! And a nice little hint fom him how he likes your hair. Now, if I was collecting my shed hairs, I think my BF would run away screaming. He already thinks I'm a bit crazy about my hair, and I'm fussing with it way less than several people here.

Aditi
June 2nd, 2009, 12:45 AM
Lol not everyone is lucky like SimplyViki.

Nanni
June 2nd, 2009, 07:12 AM
How kind of him to pay attention. My BF only smiles and rolls his eyes at me when I talk about my hair.

Fencai
June 2nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
Aww!! How sweet!! its great that he was listening to you!

SimplyViki
June 2nd, 2009, 07:28 AM
:D Thanks for all the replies! I was really surprised by his answer, actually, I had no idea he was paying any attention.

RancheroTheBee
June 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
I suspect they're always secretly listening, actually. :)

RedStripe
June 2nd, 2009, 10:26 AM
Really sweet.

jera
June 2nd, 2009, 05:18 PM
Awesome! He sounds like a keeper :) and great idea, by the way!

Totally !! :D Wish he could be cloned and spread around to the rest of us when we need a little understanding, eh?